Normal Topic Private examiner (Read 2798 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 2534
New User

Private examiner
Jul 13th, 2007 at 5:00am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have previously takin polygraphs for one local and one federal law enforcement agencies and passed.  Recently I took one for a local police department that was conducted by a privately contracted examiner who owned his/her own business.  Before each set of questions the examiner kept trying to intimidate me by restating how important honesty is and that I wouldn't be hired if I was a liar, all this of course was for the control questions.  Well the first time I took it I was supposedly controlling my breathing, well when you keep talking about it is hard to not think about it.  He/she said I was showing deception on the drug questions, they always say that.  I guess they can not believe someone has not done drugs.  The next day I was told how to breath (now I am controlling my breathing), told to not verbally answer the questions, the next time to say something then the answer.  When it was all done I felt good and figured I passed another one since I was being honest.  After a while I was told I was lying about sex crimes.  He/she kept pushing for a bs admision of guilt.  Any way I was later contacted by the pd and told that I should know I was not being hired because I failed the polygraph.

After thinking about it I remembered the examiner talking about all the people that failed, as if it was a competition.  I find it funny that a private examiner who gets paid per test would actually pass people when he/she can fail them and get more applicants for the LE position sent their way.  To me this is a conflict of interest.  

Another point I have is if you are being honest on the control questions (I have not lied to my significant other) how they use that as a "baseline” Either way this has soared me and I will no longer apply for positions requiring a polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Re: Private examiner
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 10:20am
Hi Palerider, 

I think you know how desperately I want to respond to the above post (2534)
But.......I'm in rehab.
Enjoy the weekend.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box palerider
Senior User

Re: Private examiner
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 9:02pm
Serenity now, serenity now.  Smiley

IP Logged

Private examiner

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X