Normal Topic conditional job offer (cvsa being the last step to take) (Read 24330 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dizz
New User

conditional job offer (cvsa being the last step to take)
Jun 5th, 2007 at 10:16pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello to all,
I've recently been given a conditional job offer for employment for a particular department. I've been through everything (background investigation, panel interview, physical exam, physical agility test, and the psychological test), I've passed them all. However, the last step that I need to pass is the cvsa. I take this "cvsa" Friday. I have no idea what I'm in for, but I keep thinking in my mind, "They (the department) wouldn't just excuse me now, just because of what some call a BS cvsa (after they've invested this money in me)! However, I need and want this job so bad, that I need to pass it. Can somebody please shed some light on this 4 me?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: conditional job offer (cvsa being the last step to take)
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 4:31pm
CVSA, like polygraphy, has no scientific basis. It's used in pre-employment screening to scare admissions out of applicants. Nonetheless, as with the polygraph, applicants may be disqualified based on "test" results alone, even if they don't make any disqualifying admission(s). Unlike the case with regard to polygraphy, there are no documented countermeasures that would allow an examinee to influence his or her CVSA charts in a predictable way. Thus, the best advice I could offer you is to review the "behavioral countermeasures" described in Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, avoid the behaviors commonly considered by interrogators to be indicative of deception, and practice those generally believed to be indicative of truth.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 3:36pm
Quote:
CVSA, like polygraphy, has no scientific basis. It's used in pre-employment screening to scare admissions out of applicants. Nonetheless, as with the polygraph, applicants may be disqualified based on "test" results alone, even if they don't make any disqualifying admission(s). Unlike the case with regard to polygraphy, there are no documented countermeasures that would allow an examinee to influence his or her CVSA charts in a predictable way. Thus, the best advice I could offer you is to review the "behavioral countermeasures" described in Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, avoid the behaviors commonly considered by interrogators to be indicative of deception, and practice those generally believed to be indicative of truth.

Agreed. But seeing that the CVSA is being used to prejudice the unwary and hopefully innocent, there are ways that it can be beaten. Unfortunately however, VSA CM's are not as easy to introduce as is the case for polygraph. 

Firstly, understand how the CVSA allegedly works. The human body has a natural microtremor, being the result of organ and blood movement. Briefly, the onset of the F/F syndrome results in tension of the major muscle groups which directly and indirectly has a knock-on effect on involuntary muscles, such as the striated muscles that surround the larynx. This in turn results in human voice to be emitted at a slower and lower frequency (Hz) than normal. Indicative of stress - yes // of lying - no.

Primarily, you have to try to retain your homeostasis. This is relatively easy for intelligent individuals
who understand and are not threatened by BS. Other mortals need something to work with.

Now (Lissen Up Good Nonombre ) I am not advocating or encouraging anyone to become a druggie
and def not encouraging anyone to break the law. To maintain your natural body rhythm (homeostasis)
you could find a relative that akes meds for hypertension (beta blockers will do the trick) and take the same prescribed dosage for the day prior to and the day of the test. Breathe deeply all the time during the test - this will help maintain your natural rhythm and help you relax. Even herbal calming preparations (not talking about weed nonombre ) wil help you. Just relax, breathe deeply and rhythmically and answer fairly quickly** after Examiner poses his questions. (**this is a sep subject)

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 10:54pm
THANKS TO ALL!! I PASSED MY CVSA AND NOW I'M RIGHT WHERE I WANT TO BE! THAT WAS SOOOOO EASY!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2007 at 9:54am
dizz wrote on Jun 15th, 2007 at 10:54pm:
THANKS TO ALL!! I PASSED MY CVSA AND NOW I'M RIGHT WHERE I WANT TO BE! THAT WAS SOOOOO EASY!!

Fantastic News. Now please donate $50 to the SPCA in my name.
Actually, change that. Make it to the SPTPPE.
(Society for the Prevention of Taking the Pi** out of Poly Examiners)
And send a packet of wet wipes to Palerider.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2007 at 1:42pm
Lol, ok!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box michelle baker

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 6:35pm
so did u lie on anything when u took the test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box shy Thompson

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 9:33pm
Hey,
I am looking to apply for a position and I know I will have to take a poly.  Is there anyone out there who has actually lied and still got hired?
Shy

IP Logged

conditional job offer (cvsa being the last step to take)

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X