Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) A Public Challenge to Doug Williams, Author of "How to Sting the Polygraph" (Read 36583 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: A Public Challenge to Doug Williams, Author of "How to Sting the Polygraph"
Reply #15 - May 27th, 2007 at 9:45am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
The overall impression I have received is that Doug Williams is trying to make a living selling information on how to "sting" the polygraph.  George provides the same information for free, which of course cuts into Doug Williams' business.

This annoys Doug Williams, so he responds by attacking George in writing and by childishly offering to attack him in person.   

I understand, Mr. Williams, that you feel you must discredit George in order to protect your business interests.  It is likely that many other people reading your threatening messages on this board understand that as well.

Perhaps your time could be better spent in other ways.  Offering to fight people with whom you disagree, that you have never met and that live in other countries is ridiculously immature and foolish.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #16 - May 27th, 2007 at 7:30pm
Sergeant1107 wrote on May 27th, 2007 at 9:45am:
Offering to fight people with whom you disagree, that you have never met and that live in other countries is ridiculously immature and foolish.

While George's actions in paraphrasing my manual and passing it off as a product of his extensive research is mature and profound.  Give me a break!

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #17 - May 27th, 2007 at 10:19pm
Doug,

State exactly what was paraphrased.  Have you noticed a drop-off in business that this is only now upsetting you so?  With the abuses of the polygraph system, I would feel that there is plenty of business to go around.  I have never used your services but if your system is superior to what George is presenting, there should be no problem.

Doug, this website has given you a lot of free publicity just by this discussion.  George is not so upset that he just out right deletes any post with the name "DOUG WILLIAMS" in it.

The sword can cut both ways.  

Again, I state, this is one of the least restrictive or censored sites regarding polygraph usage any where on the web.

You can personally edit and censor your site.  The Polygraph Association strictly and vehemently edits and deletes anyone who they disagree with.

George allows huge amounts of leeway in his.  

Take a deep breath.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #18 - May 28th, 2007 at 6:12am
Doug Williams wrote on May 27th, 2007 at 7:30pm:
While George's actions in paraphrasing my manual and passing it off as a product of his extensive research is mature and profound.  Give me a break!

If that is what truly occurred you would likely be better served by offering proof, rather than challenging George to a bare-knuckle fight.

Your credibility is not enhanced by threats of violence directed at those with whom you disagree.  I'm sure you can see that.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #19 - May 28th, 2007 at 1:15pm
Sergeant1107 wrote on May 28th, 2007 at 6:12am:
Doug Williams wrote on May 27th, 2007 at 7:30pm:
While George's actions in paraphrasing my manual and passing it off as a product of his extensive research is mature and profound.  Give me a break!

If that is what truly occurred you would likely be better served by offering proof, rather than challenging George to a bare-knuckle fight.

Your credibility is not enhanced by threats of violence directed at those with whom you disagree.  I'm sure you can see that.

This reminds me of the fool whose response to a dispute was to say, “Don’t confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up.”

I am wasting my time on this board, and I regret I allowed George’s taunts to goad me into a response.   I know there is not a chance he or any of his devoted followers would accept any proof offered by me.  But I know what happened and so does George.  I also know I will not get any satisfaction from him – and of course I knew when I jokingly challenged him to a fight that it was never going to happen.   

This is my last post on this board, and I will never visit it again, nor will I ever visit this website again – I don’t need the aggravation, and I don’t have the patience to wade through all the BS.  I have to go now, two people are coming to my office to get private instruction on my computerized polygraph instrument today.

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 29th, 2007 at 4:02pm
Doug Williams wrote on May 23rd, 2007 at 8:08pm:
Doug Williams wrote on May 23rd, 2007 at 7:31pm:
In re, George Masche:  

I was and still am very angry with and disappointed in George.   After he failed his polygraph test, he emailed me numerous times telling me his sad story.  I told him the thing to do was to get my manual and get prepared for the test – that is the only way to pass.  I even gave him a copy of my manual and sent him a tape of CBS 60 Minutes and many other television interviews I had done.  And here is the thanks I got - George promptly stole the technique in my manual, started his own website trumpeting his book TLBTLD, and telling people he could teach them how to pass their polygraph test.  Yes George, I said “stole”, that is defined as; 
1.      to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, esp. secretly or by force: A pickpocket stole his watch. 
2.      to appropriate (ideas, credit, words, etc.) without right or acknowledgment.
In my opinion, that is exactly what you did!

His only experience with the polygraph prior to that was that he had failed his test with the FBI.  And his “research” on “countermeasures” was simply paraphrasing the copy of the manual I sent him, changing it just enough to avoid outright plagiarism.  I told him at the time that as far as I was concerned what he did was tantamount to a theft of my intellectual property – and I considered it betrayal of trust.  He tried to excuse what he did by saying that he cited my name in his book as a “source” for his chapter on countermeasures.   But I noticed that in the later editions he has even stopped doing that!  Perhaps he has convinced himself that it was really his idea all along?

George has been hostile towards me since I confronted him about his theft.  I believe that is the reason he hates me.  It reminds me of the old Chinese proverb that says something to the effect, “Why do you hate me, I’ve never helped you?”  Or, as one of our sayings goes, “No good deed ever goes unpunished.”  He continues to attack me on his website and make unfounded accusations against me at every opportunity – perhaps this hatred is the result of a guilty conscience.  

I am not as upset with him now as I was when he first stole from me because he now has plenty of company – in fact there are so many it is getting ridiculous.  The band of frauds and thieves has grown to over a half a dozen.  Many others have paraphrased and plagiarized my manual and passed it off as their own – some even stealing from the ones who have stolen from me.  As I said, it really is getting ridiculous.  George just happened to be the first – I was really angry because I was trying to help him and he violated my trust.  Such is life – maybe George doesn’t think he did anything wrong, perhaps working for the Iranians all these years has skewed his moral compass and he no longer knows right from wrong.  But I know him for what he is, and I know he is a thief, a fraud, and a liar.  

I must add, that this is just my opinion, based on how George has conducted himself in his dealings with me.  I now await the avalanche of posts from George's sycophants - all three of you can now pile on.

Dear Doug Williams,

I wonder why you think you are the only person ever to have devised polygraph CM's. ??
You are an egomaniac Doug. Just because you catalogued a selection of CM's doesn't mean
that you invented or devised them and it certainly doesn't give you any type of copyright
over them.

Having read some of your diatribe vs George's eloquence, if I was in the market for a CM
book I would buy George's book. Not yours. You lack credibility.

I wish I was within driving distance to you. having seen you on TV, I have no doubt that I could
knock all that BS out of you. Might even turn you into a halfway decent person.

Newsflash Doug: You're Old News.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Calahan

Reply #21 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 1:21am
Doug Williams is a joke, his manual is a rip off, you can get just as much info at Antipolygraph.org or on the web. I called him up to ask for some tips and clarification and he freaked out on me! He's a total prick. Don't buy it. Angry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 2:53am
Quote:
I called him up to ask for some tips and clarification and he freaked out on me! He's a total prick. Don't buy it.

I have read his book and it is indeed lacking. I would not expect warm sociable charm from that crowd. I recommend you refrain from such name calling; not only are we not interested in hearing it, but it lowers you down to a similar level.

IP Logged

A Public Challenge to Doug Williams, Author of "How to Sting the Polygraph"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X