Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) A Public Challenge to Doug Williams, Author of "How to Sting the Polygraph" (Read 36570 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

A Public Challenge to Doug Williams, Author of "How to Sting the Polygraph"
May 23rd, 2007 at 6:49pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Doug Williams, author of "How to Sting the Polygraph," which he markets through his website, www.polygraph.com (and who has, in the past, masqueraded on this message board as a satisfied customer of his own services), without deigning to directly name me or AntiPolygraph.org, has impugned my honesty and integrity on the "Frequently Asked Questions" portion of his website (original emphasis):

Quote:
QUESTION:  Is this information available elsewhere?

Sure, there have always been charlatans and frauds who are more than willing to steal the intellectual property of others and pass it off as their own.   Even as far back as 1511, Albrecht Dürer warned on the title page of his book, "You thieves and imitators of other people's labor and talents. Beware of laying your audacious hand upon this work."

New "thieves and imitators" are springing up every day pushing knock-off manuals full of bad, confusing, or misleading information.  You will even see some of the pictures and information they have stolen from my manual and website in an attempt to make themselves look legitimate.  I'm sure you know that paraphrasing one of my old manuals and posting phony information about their expertise, or even falsely claiming to be polygraph operators does not make them experts, it makes them frauds!  Don't be fooled, it is obvious their only experience with the polygraph is that they have failed a polygraph test - and most don't even have that much experience.  Some claim to be experts, but they don't show you any proof to verify their claims - they can't because their claims are false and they are phonies!  The number of frauds and thieves has grown to over a dozen since the first one, who in 2000 paraphrased a copy of a manual I had given him as a gift.  He changed it just enough to avoid outright plagiarism for the first edition of his book, which was written to promote his antipolygraph website, but he is now pushing his 3rd edition and he has made changes that make it very confusing and very dangerous for anyone to try to use his suggestions to try to pass their polygraph test.   Many others have put up websites selling manuals and they have also paraphrased and plagiarized old outdated copies of my manual and passed it off as their own – each with their own confusing little twists and turns to the technique they say will help you pass your test,  Some of them are even stealing from the ones who had stolen it from it me!  What a vicious circle!  But it just goes to show there is no honor among thieves.  As I said, it really is getting ridiculous. 

But for the people who believe these frauds can help them pass their polygraph tests, it is more than ridiculous - it is dangerous!  Yes, it really is very dangerous to rely on the information these fakes, fools, phonies, and frauds provide because the only thing of value in their material is what they have stolen from one of my old outdated manuals - and like a first grader trying to cheat on a test, they couldn't even copy it right.  And to make matters worse, they have all made changes in an attempt make it look like they have something new or better, but the only thing they succeeded in doing was to get it all wrong - dangerously wrong!  If you learn from a person whose only experience with the polygraph is that he has failed two polygraph tests, don't be surprised if you have the same result on your test as he did!  Don't make the mistake of following the directions these fools give you!  If you want to pass your polygraph test, learn from the polygraph expert, not the imposter.  I am constantly improving, updating and fine-tuning my technique, and I personally test it on my own computerized polygraph.   When I tell you to do something,  I know it works because I am a certified police polygraph expert and I know what a realistic truthful polygraph chart is supposed to look like.  They have no idea what they are doing and no way of knowing whether what they tell you to do works or whether it doesn't!  None of them have any expertise in polygraph testing, none of them have a polygraph instrument,  none of them have ever administered a polygraph test, most of them have never even seen a polygraph, and they certainly don't know how to teach you how to pass your test!   I have proven expertise, my credentials are authentic and have been checked and verified, I have demonstrated my ability to teach you how to pass your polygraph test - and I have been studying the polygraph since 1972.  I also regularly train people on my own polygraph instrument and I know the technique in my manual and video/dvd works because I see these people produce a "truthful" chart every time they use it.

Your test is too important to trust your training to fools like the computer geeks running e-book rip-off scams, or those anonymous idiots posting erroneous advice on an antipolygraph bulletin board hosted by that pompous ass who fraudulently holds himself out as an authority on the polygraph when in fact his only experience with the polygraph is that he failed two polygraph tests!

Unfortunately, many people have used this bad information from those other websites and have failed their tests.  As the old saying goes, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".   I got a phone call from a man who told me the following:  "Doug,  A friend of mine was recently told to leave in the middle of his polygraph test, and the polygraph operator told him the reason was that he had caught him using 'countermeasures'.  Obviously he got some of that BAD INFORMATION you warn people about on your website.  I went in and used the technique in your manual and passed easily."  The point of this story is that you must do it right or not at all. and if you don't know what you are doing, don't do anything at all!  Don't let bad information make a fool out of you when you take your polygraph test.  Read this to see what happens when you rely on BAD INFORMATION from those frauds posing as experts.  http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2112734

Remember... you must be properly prepared if you are going to pass!

Mr. Williams, my challenges to you are:

1) Please have the courage to at least state my name when impugning my integrity on your website. Your coyness is unbecoming;

2) Please state precisely what in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector you honestly believe to be "very confusing and very dangerous." And please note also that the current edition of The Lie Behind the Lie Detetector is the 4th (not the 3rd, as you incorrectly indicate);

3) Since you specifically accuse me of "fraudulently [holding myself] out as an authority on the polygraph," please point out specifically where I have misrepresented my knowledge, background, or credentials.

4) If you honestly believe I have "stolen" from you, sue me (and be prepared to be countersued).

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Re: A Public Challenge to Doug Williams, Author of "How to Sting the Polygraph"
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2007 at 7:31pm
In re, George Masche:   

I was and still am very angry with and disappointed in George.   After he failed his polygraph test, he emailed me numerous times telling me his sad story.  I told him the thing to do was to get my manual and get prepared for the test – that is the only way to pass.  I even gave him a copy of my manual and sent him a tape of CBS 60 Minutes and many other television interviews I had done.  And here is the thanks I got - George promptly stole the technique in my manual, started his own website trumpeting his book TLBTLD, and telling people he could teach them how to pass their polygraph test.  Yes George, I said “stole”, that is defined as; 
1.      to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, esp. secretly or by force: A pickpocket stole his watch. 
2.      to appropriate (ideas, credit, words, etc.) without right or acknowledgment.
In my opinion, that is exactly what you did!

His only experience with the polygraph prior to that was that he had failed his test with the FBI.  And his “research” on “countermeasures” was simply paraphrasing the copy of the manual I sent him, changing it just enough to avoid outright plagiarism.  I told him at the time that as far as I was concerned what he did was tantamount to a theft of my intellectual property – and I considered it betrayal of trust.  He tried to excuse what he did by saying that he cited my name in his book as a “source” for his chapter on countermeasures.   But I noticed that in the later editions he has even stopped doing that!  Perhaps he has convinced himself that it was really his idea all along?

George has been hostile towards me since I confronted him about his theft.  I believe that is the reason he hates me.  It reminds me of the old Chinese proverb that says something to the effect, “Why do you hate me, I’ve never helped you?”  Or, as one of our sayings goes, “No good deed ever goes unpunished.”  He continues to attack me on his website and make unfounded accusations against me at every opportunity – perhaps this hatred is the result of a guilty conscience.   

I am not as upset with him now as I was when he first stole from me because he now has plenty of company – in fact there are so many it is getting ridiculous.  The band of frauds and thieves has grown to over a half a dozen.  Many others have paraphrased and plagiarized my manual and passed it off as their own – some even stealing from the ones who have stolen from me.  As I said, it really is getting ridiculous.  George just happened to be the first – I was really angry because I was trying to help him and he violated my trust.  Such is life – maybe George doesn’t think he did anything wrong, perhaps working for the Iranians all these years has skewed his moral compass and he no longer knows right from wrong.  But I know him for what he is, and I know he is a thief, a fraud, and a liar.   

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2007 at 8:08pm
Doug Williams wrote on May 23rd, 2007 at 7:31pm:
In re, George Masche:   

I was and still am very angry with and disappointed in George.   After he failed his polygraph test, he emailed me numerous times telling me his sad story.  I told him the thing to do was to get my manual and get prepared for the test – that is the only way to pass.  I even gave him a copy of my manual and sent him a tape of CBS 60 Minutes and many other television interviews I had done.  And here is the thanks I got - George promptly stole the technique in my manual, started his own website trumpeting his book TLBTLD, and telling people he could teach them how to pass their polygraph test.  Yes George, I said “stole”, that is defined as; 
1.      to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, esp. secretly or by force: A pickpocket stole his watch. 
2.      to appropriate (ideas, credit, words, etc.) without right or acknowledgment.

His only experience with the polygraph prior to that was that he had failed his test with the FBI.  And his “research” on “countermeasures” was simply paraphrasing the copy of the manual I sent him, changing it just enough to avoid outright plagiarism.  I told him at the time that as far as I was concerned what he did was tantamount to a theft of my intellectual property – and I considered it betrayal of trust.  He tried to excuse what he did by saying that he cited my name in his book as a “source” for his chapter on countermeasures.   But I noticed that in the later editions he has even stopped doing that!  Perhaps he has convinced himself that it was really his idea all along?

George has been hostile towards me since I confronted him about his theft.  I believe that is the reason he hates me.  It reminds me of the old Chinese proverb that says something to the effect, “Why do you hate me, I’ve never helped you?”  Or, as one of our sayings goes, “No good deed ever goes unpunished.”  He continues to attack me on his website and make unfounded accusations against me at every opportunity – perhaps this hatred is the result of a guilty conscience.   

I am not as upset with him now as I was when he first stole from me because he now has plenty of company – in fact there are so many it is getting ridiculous.  The band of frauds and thieves has grown to over a half a dozen.  Many others have paraphrased and plagiarized my manual and passed it off as their own – some even stealing from the ones who have stolen from me.  As I said, it really is getting ridiculous.  George just happened to be the first – I was really angry because I was trying to help him and he violated my trust.  Such is life – maybe George doesn’t think he did anything wrong, perhaps working for the Iranians all these years has skewed his moral compass and he no longer knows right from wrong.  But I know him for what he is, and I know he is a thief, a fraud, and a liar.   

I must add, that this is just my opinion, based on how George has conducted himself in his dealings with me.  I now await the avalanche of posts from George's sycophants - all three of you can now pile on.

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2007 at 5:46am
Mr. Williams,

In your response above, you avoided answering the four points of my challenge, which I again put to you:

1) Please have the courage (and decency) to at least state my name when impugning my integrity on your website;

2) Please state precisely what in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector you honestly believe to be "very confusing and very dangerous." And please note also that the current edition of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is the 4th (not the 3rd, as you incorrectly indicate);

3) Since you specifically accuse me of "fraudulently [holding myself] out as an authority on the polygraph," please point out specifically where I have misrepresented my knowledge, background, or credentials.

4) If you honestly believe I have "stolen" from you, sue me (and be prepared to be countersued).

But you do more fully air your grievances against me, and I'll address them here.

Quote:
I was and still am very angry with and disappointed in George.   After he failed his polygraph test, he emailed me numerous times telling me his sad story.  I told him the thing to do was to get my manual and get prepared for the test – that is the only way to pass.  I even gave him a copy of my manual and sent him a tape of CBS 60 Minutes and many other television interviews I had done.

I did indeed contact you, but it was long after my polygraph experience with the FBI and LAPD, about which I had by then published a public statement on the (no longer operational) website, NoPolygraph.com. By that time, I had no intention of submitting to another polygraph examination.

Quote:
And here is the thanks I got - George promptly stole the technique in my manual, started his own website trumpeting his book TLBTLD, and telling people he could teach them how to pass their polygraph test.  Yes George, I said “stole”, that is defined as;   

You may sincerely believe that knowledge of polygraph countermeasures is your exclusive intellectual property or trade secret, but it isn't. When one publishes, one's work may be cited -- with proper attribution, of course -- by others, as we duly did with regard to "How to Sting the Polygraph" in the first three editions of TLBTLD.

Note that you are not the first person to describe the use of the anal sphincter contraction as a polygraph countermeasure. It was mentioned in the polygraph literature at least as early as 1977. See, Reid and Inbau's Truth and Deception: The Polygraph ("Lie-Detector") Technique (Williams & Wilkins, 1977), p. 207. I don't know whether the sphincter contraction is mentioned in the 1st edition of that book (1966), but in any event, it predates your "How to Sting the Polygraph" (1st edition, 1979) by at least two years. And as pointed out by Lykken (in note 5 to Chapter 19 of the 2nd edition of A Tremor in the Blood), Reid and Inbau also provide information on scoreable breathing reactions, which we relied on in the 1st edition of TLBTLD.

Quote:

I think any fair-minded, dispassionate reader of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector will see that it was never "simply a paraphrasing" of "How to Sting the Polygraph," as you contend. Other sources consulted, relied upon, and duly cited in the countermeasures chapter of the 1st edition of TLBTLD include:

• Clifton, Charles. Deception Detection: Winning the Polygraph Game. Boulder, Colorado: Paladin Press, 1991.
  • Honts, Charles R., Robert L. Hodes, and David C. Raskin. "Effects of Physical Countermeasures on the Physiological Detection of Deception," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 70 (1985), No. 1, pp. 177-87.
  • Honts, Charles R., David C. Raskin, and John C. Kircher. "Mental and Physical Countermeasures Reduce the Accuracy of Polygraph Tests," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 79 (1994), No. 2, pp. 252-59.
  • London, Peter S. and Donald J. Krapohl. "A Case Study in PDD Countermeasures," Polygraph, Vol. 28 (1999), No. 2, pp. 143-48.
  • Lykken, David T. A Tremor in the Blood: Uses and Abuses of the Lie Detector. 2nd edition. New York: Plenum Trade, 1998.
  • Reid, John E. and Fred E. Inbau. Truth and Deception: The Polygraph ("Lie-Detector") Technique. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1966.

And our chapter on polygraph procedure, understanding of which is crucial to the application of polygraph countermeasures, was based primarily on U.S. Government documents, and not at all on "How to Sting the Polygraph" (which, in my opinion, does a relatively poor job of explaining polygraph procedure).

As for why "How to Sting the Polygraph" has not been cited (except in passing, at p. 161) in the 4th edition of TLBTLD, it is because, with the dropping of the anal sphincter contraction as a suggested countermeasure, we no longer relied upon your manual as a source. If you sincerely believe that there is a passage in TLBTLD that relies on your work without attribution, please point it out.

Quote:

When you "confronted" me about my alleged "theft," I explained the research that went into, and the proper citation of sources in, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector much as I have done above. If anyone has expressed hatred, I think it is you, who wrote back to me in 2002, in terminating our correspondence: "A pox on you and your house."

As for my "attacking" you, it consists of such things as responding to a veiled attack that you publicly made against AntiPolygraph.org and me in 2003 (see, "A Response to Doug Williams," 1 August 2003) and pointing out your having masqueraded on this message board as a satisfied customer of your own services.

You accuse me of "mak[ing] unfounded accusations against [you] at every opportunity." What unfounded accusations have I made against you?

Quote:
I am not as upset with him now as I was when he first stole from me because he now has plenty of company – in fact there are so many it is getting ridiculous.  The band of frauds and thieves has grown to over a half a dozen.  Many others have paraphrased and plagiarized my manual and passed it off as their own – some even stealing from the ones who have stolen from me.  As I said, it really is getting ridiculous.  George just happened to be the first – I was really angry because I was trying to help him and he violated my trust.

A comparison of your current "Frequently Asked Question" page (cited in the first message in this thread) with your 2003 comments suggests that you are, if anything even more "upset" with me now than you were then.

Quote:
Such is life – maybe George doesn’t think he did anything wrong, perhaps working for the Iranians all these years has skewed his moral compass and he no longer knows right from wrong.

I do not now work, nor have I ever, for "the Iranians."

Quote:
But I know him for what he is, and I know he is a thief, a fraud, and a liar.

Then please explain:

1) What have I stolen? Where did I rely without attribution on something you wrote?

2) What fraud have I committed?

3) What lie(s) have I told?
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2007 at 6:04am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lienot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2007 at 3:46am
One hell of a pissing match here, George is a thief and Doug is a liar.  You both support the same agenda, hell, burry the hatchet and get on with life.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2007 at 4:22am
Mr. Williams has quietly revised the remarks on his "Frequently Asked Questions" page that gave rise to my present challenge to him. Deletions are struck through. Additions are underlined:

Quote:
QUESTION:  Is this information available elsewhere?

Sure, there have always been charlatans and frauds who are more than willing to steal the intellectual property of others and pass it off as their own.   Even as far back as 1511, Albrecht Dürer warned on the title page of his book, "You thieves and imitators of other people's labor and talents. Beware of laying your audacious hand upon this work."

New "thieves and imitators" are springing up every day pushing knock-off manuals full of bad, confusing, or misleading information.  You will even see some of the pictures and information they have stolen from my manual and website in an attempt to make themselves look legitimate.  I'm sure you know that paraphrasing one of my old manuals and posting phony information about their expertise, or even falsely claiming to be polygraph operators does not make them experts, it makes them frauds!  Don't be fooled, it is obvious their only experience with the polygraph is that they one or two of them have failed a polygraph test - and most don't even have that much experience.  Some claim to be experts, but they don't show you any proof to verify their claims - they can't because their claims are false and they are phonies!  The number of frauds and thieves has grown to over a dozen since the first one, who in 2000 paraphrased a copy of a manual I had given him as a gift.  He changed it just enough to avoid outright plagiarism for the first edition of his book, which was written to promote his antipolygraph website, but he is now pushing his 3rd edition and he has made changes that make it very confusing and very dangerous for anyone to try to use his suggestions to try to pass their polygraph test, many have put up websites pushing their knock-off manuals.   Many others have put up websites selling manuals and tThey have also paraphrased and plagiarized old outdated copies of my manual and passed it off as their own – each with and each one has made their own confusing little twists and turns changes to the technique they say will help you pass your test,.  Some of them are even stealing from the ones who had stolen it from it me in the first place!  What a vicious circle!  But it just goes to show there is no honor among thieves.  As I said, iIt really is getting ridiculous - it is so absurd it is almost funny

But for the people who believe these frauds can help them pass their polygraph tests, it is more than ridiculous - it is dangerous!  Yes, it really is very dangerous to rely on the information these fakes, fools, phonies, and frauds provide because the only thing of value in their material is what they have stolen from one of my old outdated manuals - and like a first grader trying to cheat on a test, they couldn't even copy it right.  And to make matters worse, they have all made changes in an attempt make it look like they have something new or better, but the only thing they succeeded in doing was to get it all wrong - dangerously wrong!  If you learn from a person whose only experience with the polygraph is that he has failed two polygraph tests his test, don't be surprised if you have the same result on your test as he did!  Don't make the mistake of following the directions these fools give you! because if you do you will fail your test too.  If you want to pass your polygraph test, learn from the polygraph expert, not the imposter.  I am constantly improving, updating and fine-tuning my technique, and I personally test it on my own computerized polygraph.   When I tell you to do something,  I know it works because I am a certified police polygraph expert and I know what a realistic truthful polygraph chart is supposed to look like.  They have no idea what they are doing and no way of knowing whether what they tell you to do works or whether it doesn't!  None of them have any expertise in polygraph testing, none of them have a polygraph instrument,  none of them have ever administered a polygraph test, most of them have never even seen a polygraph, and they certainly don't know how to teach you how to pass your test!   I have proven expertise, my credentials are authentic and have been checked and verified, I have demonstrated my ability to teach you how to pass your polygraph test - and I have been studying the polygraph since 1972.  I also regularly train people on my own polygraph instrument and I know the technique in my manual and video/dvd works because I see these people produce a "truthful" chart every time they use it.

Your test is too important to trust your training to fools like the computer geeks running e-book rip-off scams, or those anonymous idiots posting erroneous advice on an antipolygraph bulletin board hosted by that pompous ass who fraudulently holds himself out as an authority on the polygraph when in fact his only experience with the polygraph is that he failed two polygraph tests!

Unfortunately, many people have used this bad information from those other websites and have failed their tests.  As the old saying goes, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".   I got a phone call from a man who told me the following:  "Doug,  A friend of mine was recently told to leave in the middle of his polygraph test, and the polygraph operator told him the reason was that he had caught him using 'countermeasures'.  Obviously he got some of that BAD INFORMATION you warn people about on your website.  I went in and used the technique in your manual and passed easily."  The point of this story is that you must do it right or not at all. and if you don't know what you are doing, don't do anything at all!  Don't let bad information make a fool out of you when you take your polygraph test.  Read this to see what happens when you rely on BAD INFORMATION from those frauds posing as experts.  http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2112734

Remember... you must be properly prepared if you are going to pass!

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2007 at 8:13pm
George:  In response to your questions in your “public challenge”, let me start with your lying.  The one that first springs to mind is when you said I “masqueraded on this message board as a satisfied customer”.  I categorically deny that, just as I did immediately after you posted this lie about me on your board.  After I posted my denial, you immediately deleted my post – and you blocked my access to the board so I could not post my denial again.  But I tell you now, I did not then nor have I ever posted using the name 4X4 MAN!

With regard to the statements about fraud and theft, I have already spoken to that.

As to suing you, that is not a satisfactory solution as far as I’m concerned.  What would I get when I win the case, your clunky minivan and your little t-shirt business?  No thanks!  You don’t have anything I want.

I have a much better way of resolving our differences.  I have a “public challenge” of my own to put to you.  I challenge you to a bare-knuckle, no-holds-barred, knock-down-drag-out, fist fight.  You are a self important, puffed-up, pompous ass and you really do need an attitude adjustment.  A good beat-down will do wonders for changing your arrogant attitude, and I’m just the man to give it to you.  I look forward to beating your bloated face into a bloody pulp, and stomping your fat ass.  Don’t disappoint me now and wimp out on my challenge or I’ll have to add the word coward to the list of adjectives I use to describe you.

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2007 at 10:51pm
Doug,

I hope that someone else is posting using your name.  I have always tried to give you the benefit of a doubt.  This last posting is disturbing to say the least.  I have witnessed disagreements being settled in the way that you suggest.  Most of the nastiest fights I ever saw were in prison and they rarely stopped with the first event.  The confrontations became more deadly until the combatants were isolated or physically damaged beyond repair.

Take a deep breath and repost.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2007 at 1:38am
I have to agree with FairChance.

I hope someone else is posting using Doug Williams' name.  If not, Mr. Williams, you have some serious issues to work out and I wish you luck.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #9 - May 26th, 2007 at 10:07am
Doug Williams wrote on May 25th, 2007 at 8:13pm:
George:  In response to your questions in your “public challenge”, let me start with your lying.  The one that first springs to mind is when you said I “masqueraded on this message board as a satisfied customer”.  I categorically deny that, just as I did immediately after you posted this lie about me on your board.  After I posted my denial, you immediately deleted my post – and you blocked my access to the board so I could not post my denial again.  But I tell you now, I did not then nor have I ever posted using the name 4X4 MAN!

When you've dug yourself into a hole, the first step in extricating yourself is to stop digging. On Saturday, 13 November 2004, someone did indeed register on this message board as "Doug_Williams." However, at the time, anyone could register using any e-mail address: authentication was not required. The person registering as "Doug_Williams" used the e-mail address doug@polygraph.org and used an IP address that did not appear to originate in your home state of Oklahoma. Suspecting foul play, I deleted the account. Twenty minutes later, someone again registered under the name DougWilliams, this time using your correct e-mail address, doug@polygraph.com. But because the registration originated from the same IP group as the earlier registration, I again suspected foul play, deleted the account, and blocked that IP group's access to AntiPolygraph.org. The next day, I sent you the following e-mail message explaining what had happened:

Quote:
From - Sun Nov 14 09:34:48 2004
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00800000
Message-ID: <419718A8.1050001@antipolygraph.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:34:48 +0100
Organization: AntiPolygraph.org
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 (Windows/20041103)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Doug Williams <doug@polygraph.com>
CC:  info@antipolygraph.org
Subject: Message Board Registration
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dear Mr. Williams:

On Saturday, 13 Noveber, between 3:00 and 3:30 PM Eastern time, someone 
attempted to register on the AntiPolygraph.org message board using your 
name. The first registration attempt used the e-mail address 
doug@polygraph.org, which is obviously not yours. The second attempt, 
from the same IP address, also used your name and the correct e-mail 
address, doug@polygraph.com (a message board password should have been 
sent to you).

Because it seemed unlikely that you would have entered your e-mail 
address incorrectly, and because the IP address of the registrant 
appeared to originate from outside of Oklahoma, it was inferred that 
these might be fraudulent attempts to by someone seeking to forge posts 
in your name, and both registrations were deleted.

If indeed you did indeed attempt to register yesterday, you are welcome 
to re-register (and to post) on the AntiPolygraph.org message board. In 
the event that anyone should again attempt to fraudulently register in 
your name, please advise, and any such registration(s) will be deleted.

Sincerely,

George W. Maschke

-- 

George W. Maschke
AntiPolygraph.org
Fax/Voice Mail: +1 206 338-4466
PGP Public Key: 2012AAF6
AOL Messenger: GeorgeMaschke
Skype (Secure Internet Phone/Text Chat): georgemaschke

I received no reply from you. Your apparent acknowledgment now that you are indeed responsible for these registrations only further confirms the previous strong evidence (based on traffic analysis of AntiPolygraph.org's logs for the relevant dates, which have been preserved) that you are indeed responsible for the 4x4man postings.

Quote:
With regard to the statements about fraud and theft, I have already spoken to that.

Then I'll allow others to judge the merits of your statements.

Quote:
As to suing you, that is not a satisfactory solution as far as I’m concerned.  What would I get when I win the case, your clunky minivan and your little t-shirt business?  No thanks!  You don’t have anything I want.

So be it.

Quote:
I have a much better way of resolving our differences.  I have a “public challenge” of my own to put to you.  I challenge you to a bare-knuckle, no-holds-barred, knock-down-drag-out, fist fight.  You are a self important, puffed-up, pompous ass and you really do need an attitude adjustment.  A good beat-down will do wonders for changing your arrogant attitude, and I’m just the man to give it to you.  I look forward to beating your bloated face into a bloody pulp, and stomping your fat ass.  Don’t disappoint me now and wimp out on my challenge or I’ll have to add the word coward to the list of adjectives I use to describe you.

I'm afraid I don't share your view that violence is an appropriate way of resolving differences over matters of fact.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2007 at 12:13pm
Doug Williams,

You should be ashamed of yourself. Though it may be tempting at times, violence is never the solution to problems. Perhaps, you felt you could no longer compete with your intellectual prowess, so you resorted to violent threats. You're just mad because George cost you some paying customers. Get over it.

I, along with I'm sure countless others, am so very thankful for this site. Not because it helped me to pass a polygraph, but because it helped me to understand how I could have failed one after being completely honest. 

Mr. Williams, I know you don't care because it's obvious that money is what motivates you, but I, like so many others, was truly devastated by my experience with an FBI polygraph examiner. I had no answers and nowhere to turn until I found the information on this site. George is helping people because he knows what the government is doing to loyal U.S. citizens is wrong. And he's doing it for FREE.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - May 26th, 2007 at 1:21pm
Quote:
[quote 

-- 

George W. Maschke
AntiPolygraph.org
Fax/Voice Mail: +1 206 338-4466
PGP Public Key: 2012AAF6
AOL Messenger: GeorgeMaschke
Skype (Secure Internet Phone/Text Chat): georgemaschke

I received no reply from you. Your apparent acknowledgment now that you are indeed responsible for these registrations only further confirms the previous strong evidence (based on traffic analysis of AntiPolygraph.org's logs for the relevant dates, which have been preserved) that you are indeed responsible for the 4x4man postings.

Yes, George, 4X4MAN did post from a server in my home state of Oklahoma, since that is where he lives!  He is a friend of mine, we became friends when I helped him pass his test to become a police officer, he came to my defense, and he posted his testimonial to me!  And no, I will not give you his name to protect myself from your slanderous lies!

You have lied about me and I have challenged you to an old fashioned fist fight. – where I come from, what you have said amounts to “fighting words”.  You have proved you are a coward and you refused to accept my challenge.  Now I tell you as you have told me  PUT UP (your fists) OR SHUT UP (your lying mouth).

Obviously now you are not just a liar, a thief, and a fraud, you are also a coward!

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #12 - May 26th, 2007 at 3:03pm
Doug Williams wrote on May 26th, 2007 at 1:21pm:
Yes, George, 4X4MAN did post from a server in my home state of Oklahoma, since that is where he lives!  He is a friend of mine, we became friends when I helped him pass his test to become a police officer, he came to my defense, and he posted his testimonial to me!  And no, I will not give you his name to protect myself from your slanderous lies!

I made no reference to the server (or, more properly, the IP address) from which 4X4man posted. (If you've forgotten it, I haven't.) My point was that your tacit admission that you did indeed register on this message board on 13 November 2004 connects you even more strongly with the 4x4man posts.

Based on an analysis of AntiPolygraph.org's logs during the relevant time period, the only scenario I can envisage wherein you are not the author of the 4x4man posts is one in which 4x4man is not only a friend of yours, but a very close friend, so close, in fact, as to have been sitting elbow-to-elbow with you at the keyboard as you browsed AntiPolygraph.org.

Quote:
You have lied about me and I have challenged you to an old fashioned fist fight. – where I come from, what you have said amounts to “fighting words”.  You have proved you are a coward and you refused to accept my challenge.  Now I tell you as you have told me  PUT UP (your fists) OR SHUT UP (your lying mouth).

Suppose I were to accept your challenge to an "old fashioned fistfight," meet you in Norman, Oklahoma, and you were to "[beat my] bloated face into a bloody pulp." (Or suppose, if you can imaine it, that the reverse were to occur.) What would that prove? It might demonstrate who was the more powerful bare-knuckle boxer, but it would shed little light on the truth regarding the provenance of the 4x4man posts.

Quote:
Obviously now you are not just a liar, a thief, and a fraud, you are also a coward!

I'll let others judge just how "obvious" that is.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #13 - May 26th, 2007 at 3:10pm
Quote:
Doug Williams wrote on May 26th, 2007 at 1:21pm:

I made no reference to the server (or, more properly, the IP address) from which 4X4man posted. (If you've forgotten it, I haven't.) My point was that your tacit admission that you did indeed register on this message board on 13 November 2004 connects you even more strongly with the 4x4man posts.

Based on an analysis of AntiPolygraph.org's logs during the relevant time period, the only scenario I can envisage wherein you are not the author of the 4x4man posts is one in which 4x4man is not only a friend of yours, but a very close friend, so close, in fact, as to have been sitting elbow-to-elbow with you at the keyboard as you browsed AntiPolygraph.org.

EXACTLY RIGHT GEORGE!  YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DETECTIVE! OH, RIGHT THE FBI DIDN'T WANT YOU DID THEY? 

Quote:

Suppose I were to accept your challenge to an "old fashioned fistfight," meet you in Norman, Oklahoma, and you were to "[beat my] bloated face into a bloody pulp." (Or suppose, if you can imaine it, that the reverse were to occur.) What would that prove? It might demonstrate who was the more powerful bare-knuckle boxer, but it would shed little light on the truth regarding the provenance of the 4x4man posts.

NAME THE PLACE - 

Quote:

I'll let others judge just how "obvious" that is.

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #14 - May 26th, 2007 at 3:40pm
Doug Williams wrote on May 26th, 2007 at 3:10pm:
EXACTLY RIGHT GEORGE!  YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DETECTIVE! OH, RIGHT THE FBI DIDN'T WANT YOU DID THEY?

No, the FBI didn't want me, and my FBI file indicates that the Bureau's decision to disqualify me was based on polygraph results alone. And that is dispositive of precisely what?

Quote:
NAME THE PLACE -

You have skirted the question. What would the outcome a fistfight prove? Certainly nothing with regard to the provenance of the 4x4man posts.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

A Public Challenge to Doug Williams, Author of "How to Sting the Polygraph"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X