Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) New here and I need some help desperately. (Read 10858 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lonesome00
New User

New here and I need some help desperately.
May 3rd, 2007 at 12:27am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I posted this thread in the wrong forum. So I have reposted it here. Sorry about that. 

This is a great web site. I was starting to think I was the only polygraph hater. I am so glad I found this place. I know I am new, but I really need some help. I just got out of the Army and I am trying to get hired at a local law enforcement agency. I have a really good background and all three agencies I have applied to have been impressed. However I have to get hooked to that darn machine. I have taken them in the past and failed very single one I have taken. I have no idea why because I know darn good and well I did not lie. I have already been turned down by the Sheriff’s office because I failed their voice stress test. That is a crock of nuts right there. I have never, and I mean never touched any drugs in my life. I hate them; they are one of the driving forces behind me to be a cop. However, I failed a drug question. How in the hell did that happen? This is my last chance. If I fail the polygraph with the local police department I might has well let the house go. Because I will sure as hell be out of money by then. Any ideas on how I can beat that darn box?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: New here and I need some help desperately.
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2007 at 3:40am
You'll find information on how to pass a polygraph test in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2007 at 1:52pm
Thanks. I'll read through it and see what I can do. How common is the problem I have? I have never been able to pass one of those things and I have never lied on one. There is no way a machine can accurately read every person out there.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2007 at 3:59pm
I HATE TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE DUDE.
But, your own words give you away.
Tip Of The Day: Give up the weed.

Next Tip: When you take the test, force yourself to breathe
deep and slow immediately after you answer a Relevant question.
Do it but dont be theatrical about it - 

Force yourself to breather shallow and quick immed after a Control
question and picture in your mind a pitbull coming to savage you.

Concentrate - focus on your breathing patterns. Shut out his persona.

If the examiner says you are trying to manipulate your breathing
tell him he must give up the weed.

Smiley

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2007 at 4:10pm
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Today is the day.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2007 at 4:37pm
Lonesome00 wrote on May 17th, 2007 at 4:10pm:
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Today is the day.

I suggest that you not follow the suggestions posted by 1904. His/her advice is ill-reasoned and won't help you pass the polygraph. If you choose to employ countermeasures, you'll be better off sticking with that which is presented in Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2007 at 8:00pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box palerider
Senior User

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2007 at 6:01pm
lonesome00 ----better yet, during the Relevant Questions, close your eyes and picture a hot stove top in front of you. It's covered with pans of eggs and sausage----wait a minute, it's the back kitchen at Denny's, where you will be working next month as a line cook! Is it any wonder that so many would-be Houdinis get themselves locked in the trunk for attempting such fantastic feats---off of a web site no less. I think I will start a website which will assure people that I can teach them to be a world class surfer, without the person needing to get wet. Later I will send them to the North Shore of Owahu to paddle out and scream Outside Barrel! Outside Barrel! gurgle gurgle.
This site is hilarious!

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #7 - May 17th, 2007 at 6:14pm
palerider wrote on May 17th, 2007 at 6:01pm:
lonesome00 ----better yet, during the Relevant Questions, close your eyes and picture a hot stove top in front of you. It's covered with pans of eggs and sausage----wait a minute, it's the back kitchen at Denny's, where you will be working next month as a line cook! Is it any wonder that so many would-be Houdinis get themselves locked in the trunk for attempting such fantastic feats---off of a web site no less. I think I will start a website which will assure people that I can teach them to be a world class surfer, without the person needing to get wet. Later I will send them to the North Shore of Owahu to paddle out and scream Outside Barrel! Outside Barrel! gurgle gurgle.
This site is hilarious!

Based on the low signal to noise ratio of your posts -- which consist almost entirely of empty bluster and ad hominem attacks -- I don't think you find this site to be hilarious at all. Rather, I think it deeply upsets you that we are providing to the general public reliable information on how to pass your invalid test. And because you are incapable of responding with facts and reason, you offer us FUD.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - May 18th, 2007 at 1:08am
Well, I took the test today and the results were inconclusive. That is the best I have ever done. I know that is worse than failing. The interrogator accused me of using counter measures. All I did was calm down and try to stay that way. I doubt I will get the job now. I think I passed. But because I told the tester how I truly feel about polygraphs, he deiced the outcome before it even happened. One more bit of proof that polygraphs are a fraud and should never be relied on.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #9 - May 18th, 2007 at 1:52am
Lonesome00

From what I've read here from polygraphers, if they suspect that you used countermeasures then that is automatic failure, NOT inconclusive. He can't tell if you used them or not so he let the inclusive ride. Which, BTW, he should recall you for another poly. I suspect he had already had made up his mind that "he" didn't want you to have the job. These people were wimps as kids and thoroughly enjoy their position because now they are the bullies and can turn the tables. As I have stated many times before "one person with one machine containing a few inconsequential line makers being able to ruin another person's livelyhood is wrong, wrong, wrong". They should be prosecuted for maliciaus character assassination.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - May 18th, 2007 at 12:21pm
I could not agree with you more.This guy had his mind made up about me before I even got hooked up. I gathered that during our conversation prior to the test. Now I have to find out if there is any way I can appeal it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 18th, 2007 at 1:22pm
There you go, George.
At least an Incl is one step up from a DI.
and you thought the breathing wouldnt work,,,Hah!!!!

Its very easy for an Examiner to accuse a subject of employing CM's
when they score an Incl. The truth is that it is not science. !!!
Its all smoke and mirrors weed boy.

Palerider, thanks for your kind offer. What time of day is best for surfing?
How should I paddle out and what sort of waves must I look for.
I live in Atlanta.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #12 - May 18th, 2007 at 4:11pm
Because I recieved an inconclusive he is going to reccomend I do not get the job. So I do not see how I am better off.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #13 - May 18th, 2007 at 5:05pm
Lonesome00 wrote on May 18th, 2007 at 4:11pm:
Because I recieved an inconclusive he is going to reccomend I do not get the job. So I do not see how I am better off.

Lonesome00,

I hope that the department you are applying to, doesn't make its decision on the polygraph results alone. Alot of them look at the whole candidate. An INCONCLUSIVE is just that, INCONCLUSIVE. Not a mark or admission on you in anyway. And you know its all Voodoo anyways. The downside is you pissed off the polygrapher before the test. A risk, but an honest choice. Never a bad choice to be up front when you know there is something wrong with a procedure. Much success to you. Keep trying, a few of the  posters here have jobs working in LE. Sergeant1107 is a good example. 

Regards ...

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #14 - May 18th, 2007 at 8:03pm
Thank you for the encouragement. I hope they do look at the whole picture. If so, I think I stand more than a good shot. But I still can not get over how cocky that guy was. He laid one hell of a “I am the greatest” life story on me. I am sure most of it was part of his tactics to try and avoid any claims of wrong doing later.

IP Logged

New here and I need some help desperately.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X