Normal Topic Anxiety and Polygraph (Read 5567 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box luckygirl38
New User

Anxiety and Polygraph
Apr 11th, 2007 at 12:52am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi everyone,I have a big problem and really do need advice because I do not know what to do.
Money was stolen at the store that I work at,even though I wasnt there at the present time and also didnt know that the deposit was in the store.
I still was asked to take a polygraph.My problem is that I have anxiety and am scared that I will fail the test.Who can help me

This is what exactly happened.It was my weekend off and the only ones working were the Manager and the third key holder.
Every day as we close the store we have to deposit the deposit bag into the night safe at the bank.
I was told that the third key holder and the Manager went to the bank in 2 different cars to deposit the money.
The Manager was the only one who got out of the car with the deposit and claimed that she couldn't open the night safe,so they drove back to the store where the Manager said she would put the money in the safe.
The third key holder waited in her car while the Manager walked into the store to put the money away.
The next day the store was closed due to Ice and snow.I received a phone call the day the store was closed at 2:30 pm from the third key holder saying that she was thinking about opening the store because she needed her hours.
I even asked her why she would open up the store so late because that would only give her 3 hours to work but she said that she needed her hours.
I was scheduled to work that Monday and even though the weather was the same my Manager called me and said that she would come and pick me up and work with me even though it was her day off.
We walked into the store at 8.15 am where I opened the safe to take out the tilt for the registers while the Manager was behind me doing paperwork.
I put the money in the register and the Manager and I were standing there talking.
I told her that in a few minutes I would walk to the bank to sign some paperwork for the Company as she told me that I should go to the back and get the deposit out of the safe because she couldn't take it to the bank.
I walked to the office opened the safe but there was no money in there and I cant recall seeing a deposit bag laying there as I took out the tilt.
I called her and told her that there is no deposit bag in the safe so she came to the back looking for the money in the safe,in the trash can just everywhere.
While she was looking for the money the third key holder called to the store even though she was also scheduled off and as the Manager answered the phone she said what are you doing there.
It took the Manager over a hour to finally contact the police and only because I told her to.
Yes I can prove that I wasn't there at the present time and it is also known by the Manager that I
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2007 at 4:00pm by luckygirl38 »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: Anxiety and Polygraph
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 1:46am
luckygirl38

REFUSE THE POLYGRAPH. Tell them to review this website. They cannot legally fire you for refusing. If they fire you anyway, SUE them.

Can you prove that you was not there at the time of the theft? If you can, that is sufficient.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Anxiety and Polygraph
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 6:16am
Be aware that polygraph "testing" has no scientific basis, and your anxiety could easily result in a false positive outcome. For more on polygraphy, see The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

As Twoblock correctly noted, you don't have to take the polygraph. Under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act your employer cannot legally take any action against you for refusing to submit to this invalid test. You would be wise to refuse it.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Anxiety and Polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X