Normal Topic Just wanted to get this off my chest... (Read 2054 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sssss5
New User

Just wanted to get this off my chest...
Feb 21st, 2007 at 3:04am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I haven't been on this board since Jan 2002 -- the time when I received my letter from ATF telling me that my offer of conditional employment had been withdrawn Cry.

At the time, I was really disappointed, even hurt.  I stopped visiting this website and didn't pursue any more LE jobs.

I'd love to share one interesting part about my polygraph experience however.   

When the test was over, the polygrapher said to me (I'm paraphrasing here) that the polygraph was important b/c by working for ATF I could potentially have access to national security secrets and other important information relating to the security of the USA, which was quite ironic, as I'll explain.  (BTW my examiner was a female, not a male as I said on my post at the time).   

At the time of my polygraph, I was a Captain in the USAF with an active TS (DCID 1/14).  Not only was I privy to SIOP info as a tanker crewmember, but I worked in a position that provided direct aid to US gov't agencies involved in counter terrorism (I traveled all over the world with various "3 letter" agencies and other "oga's" and deployed to a classified location with those agencies on 9/11 in response to the attacks).   

My polygraph was in December of that year, and I never mentioned to her my specific military duties, as they were classified.  Anyway, I always thought it ironic that I was undoubtebly more involved in national security than she would ever be,  yet b/c she was a polygraph examiner she could make ignorant statements (as she did) w/o having to justify those statements beyond her interpretation of some lines on a laptop computer.   

While I was hurt at the time, life goes on, and today I'm married and have a great career as a professional in the legal system (after 20+ years in the military).   

When I look back at that polygraph I'm still a little disappointed, but much of that disappointment is b/c I didn't tell "PA" where she and her worthless polygraph could go.  My loyalty and dedication to the national security of this country is without reproach -- and I'll put my experiences and accomplishments taken in defense of this republic against those of her or any polygrapher anyday!

IP Logged

Just wanted to get this off my chest...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X