Normal Topic CVSA (Read 1813 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Malaru
New User

CVSA
Dec 14th, 2006 at 7:48am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
took a CVSA test here in Florida for a sheriff office position, (BTW: the test is becoming MUCH more populer then a polygraph machine in Florida).
It said I failed every one of the 'relevent' questions.

1- Have you ever used marijuana?
2- Have you ever used crack?
3- Have you ever stolen more then $50 from an employer?
4- Have you been fired from a job you have not disclosed?
5- Do you have any reason you should not be hired by the sheriff's office (or somethign simuler designed)

To each question I gave a no answer, and by God was I telling the truth.

I dont know what crack looks like except from on tv, and though Ive never used pot, I have been around it and seen it/smelled it. Ive never stolen money from an employer though I did take a $5 item once, and repaid them a month later w/out telling anyone. and Ive only had three jobs in my life, one for my dad till he retired, one that fired me and I told them about, and my third job which Im currently still working. and of course I said no to the last question about if there was anything Ive done that the sheriff office would not want to hire me for, because I cant think of anything.

We went over the results and I told him simuler. I had seen pot, never used it (told him this before the test)... and Id never sene crack in front of my eyes, wal-mart (where I work now) would have 100% fired me for stealing, and they got cameras everywhere that they use on people, and I handle money for them all the time- doing service desk and register work. If I was ever short they knew about it, but so far Ive only gotten in trouble for having too much money in my register. I told him that I could understand it saying that I was lying about being fired from a job if I had a long list of jobs, but Ive been workign sense highschool non=stop w/ only three employers so I considered that fairly easy to proove.

My parents suggested I contacted the sheriff about the results- to express concern.

The sheriffs office has this as 'new' technology.. they started using it on employees just under a month ago, and have two detectives trained on it.. 

Maybe they wanted to say I was lying on everythign to see what my reaction was?? Or maybe a CVSA is that inaccurate?

The sheriff based his desicion to get the machine, he told the media, based on feedback he got from south florida departments.

Oh, in addition- he told me after the results were done- and he printed for me to see them- that he was going to send the results 'blind-study' to an online group of readers who are also cvsa trained investigators, and they would give thier opinions on it. but make it blind where they will not know what the questions were, and not know who I am. What do you think of this?

Not even a polygraph I took in the past convicted me of having used any drugs!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box chobee36co
New User

Re: CVSA
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2007 at 6:13am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I think the CVSA is a joke and all the research I've done says it's just like tossing a coin. I have recently failed the CVSA and want to find more info that support my research as well, good luck and I hope it works out for you! keep looking there are some (very few) Sheriff Office's who don't use CVSA. Law Enforcement has been the best, most self rewarding career I've ever done. Keep your head up and keep trying. It will be one of the best changes you will have in life after God and family.

IP Logged

CVSA

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X