Normal Topic My second polygraph experience, help again? (Read 3665 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Zending
New User

My second polygraph experience, help again?
Dec 9th, 2006 at 2:16am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So, I took my second Polygraph test in a week, today. I am very relieved to say, that this time it went much better. I must say, after my first experience I was actually more nervous the second time around, but I was still 100% honest with myself and the polygrapher. Though I still have not received my results on either test, all I can say is that I told the truth. The second time around the polygrapher was a female, and she was much more pleasant than the first one. She was friendly, I answered all of her questions and she answered all of mine. I was nervous when I took the test, but I breathed normally, just like the first one. She did not try to interrogate me or anything hostile of that nature. She asked, after the first set of questions, if there was anything that came to mind during the first test. I don't know if that means anything to me, but I asked a small question regarding lying to authorities (if parents of the neighborhood counted). I don't know if I failed, but the second time around wasn't as traumatizing as the first. She did not interrogate me or anything of that nature, and she was friendly. Any ideas if I passed or failed? Thoughts anyone?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Re: My second polygraph experience, help again?
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 3:47am
Congratulations, Zending. I feel safe in assuming that you passed based on what you tell us about the polygrapher. If so, I'm glad that you followed my advice to just relax, avoid the countermeasures advice given by people who failed the polygraph, and not be overly concerned about your breathing.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2006 at 5:07am by LieBabyCryBaby »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Zending
New User

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 5:13am
Thanks for you reply. I never really feel confident in trying to cheat the system in any way, shape, or form. I really don't have anything to hide, so I'm confident with telling the truth, I guess I'm just paranoid because so much depended on that one test. You've all been supportive, no matter what your stance on the polgraph test is, and I appreciate each reply. I'll let you all know how my results come back, and thanks again. If you'd like to contact me with any questions, my AIM name is MACH2000. I look forward to hearing from you all, thanks again.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 6:36pm
Zending,

I agree with LBCB that you likely passed. It's standard polygraph procedure to conduct a post-test interrogation when the examinee "fails." Also, when your polygrapher asked whether anything came to mind following the first question series, you provided precisely the right answer, expressing concern about one of the probable-lie "control" questions rather than a relevant question.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 10:48pm
Gee, it's nice when George actually agrees with one of us polygraphers. Of course, Zending, you don't seem to have known anything about "probable lie" questions or anything like that when you took your test. That's a good thing for you, too, because if you followed all that countermeasures crap touted on this website, you probably wouldn't have been so fortunate. Sure, you might have passed regardless, but you might also have been discovered and disqualified on the spot. I hope you get the job, and that you have a long, successful law enforcement career. Again, thanks for listening to my advice, because many people come to this website and are so overwhelmed by the questionable advice of George and others that they end up listening to it and failing. I have caught some of them, and I'm glad you didn't make yourself one of them. Good job.

IP Logged

My second polygraph experience, help again?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X