Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) FBI and Arabic Recruitment (Read 11262 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: FBI and Arabic Recruitment
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 2:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
LieBabyCryBaby wrote on Dec 10th, 2006 at 2:27am:
...And as for the polygraphers like myself, had we been one of the rare--in our experienced opinions--false positives as George claims to be...

Why do you (or any other polygraph examiners) need to rely on your "experienced opinions" when determining the results of a supposedly scientific test?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 7:34pm
Sergeant1107 wrote on Dec 11th, 2006 at 2:20pm:

Why do you (or any other polygraph examiners) need to rely on your "experienced opinions" when determining the results of a supposedly scientific test?

I see your point, Sergeant. Why would anyone ever rely on experience when it's much easier to just believe what inexperienced people tell you?  Undecided

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #17 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 10:13pm
LieBabyCryBaby wrote on Dec 11th, 2006 at 7:34pm:

I see your point, Sergeant. Why would anyone ever rely on experience when it's much easier to just believe what inexperienced people tell you?  Undecided

Apparently you don't see my point.

I was not suggesting that you eschew experience and rely on what inexperienced people tell you, and I don't really see how you gathered that from my post.

My point was and still is that the results of a scientific test should not come from the "opinion" of the examiner.  The results should be objective and replicable, not subjective and possibly different every time the test is conducted.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

FBI and Arabic Recruitment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X