Normal Topic Re: Looking for help concerning polygraph tests (Read 4904 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: Looking for help concerning polygraph tests
Dec 4th, 2006 at 5:21am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
LookingForAdvice

From years of reading posts on this website, I would say you don't have a ghost of a chance for any Federal LE position. Selling drugs is an automatic DQ. I would say, with a CJS degree, that your best chance for employment is as a Parole/Probation officer and I don't know the steps of getting there. There are very few large cities that doesn't require passing a polygraph for LE positions.

You are only a freshman. You may want to think of changing your major. Parole officers are not in the high income bracket but, like teachers, there may be an inter calling that directs one to that kind of service.

I'm glad you are getting a college education so hang in there and good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 9:38am
In my opinion you don't have the slightest chance of being hired by any sort of law enforcement agency.  Federal, state, or municpal all have automatic DQ's for the amount of drug usage and the selling of drugs in your past.

LE is not for everyone.  If you do well in school and continue to avoid drugs I'm sure you will succeed in whatever other field you choose.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 5:58pm
2000 times? give it up.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 8:40pm
Everyone needs a good laugh first thing Monday morning. This topic is definitely good for a few good laughs.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LookingForAdvice
New User

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 10:00pm
Thank you for your help.  I have not smoked pot more than 15 times, ever sold an illegal drug, or done any illegal drugs besides pot.  This post was created to see what my chances at getting a LE job would be if I decided to, forgive my language, party my ass off during college.  Guess that won't be happening.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 11:54pm
Seriously, I'm sorry to laugh at you, but I can't help it.  Your statement that you didn't sell drugs to make a profit, but simply to break even, is hilarious.

Look. When law enforcement agencies have a hiring pool full of people who haven't done drugs and especially haven't sold drugs, why in the world would they hire you? It's not like you're this website's founder and you speak a language that is in such high demand that they might overlook your past simply because your skills outweigh your mistakes. You're just another pothead who, despite saying you've changed, has done things that are automatic disqualifiers.

Oh, and I see that you now deleted your post that began this topic, which included your statement that you had probably smoked pot 2000 times and that you had sold pot to make ends meet . . . what's that all about?
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2006 at 12:09am by LieBabyCryBaby »  

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 12:42am
My "statement" was something I typed out on the internet, a collection of falsehoods and 'roleplaying' if you will, to see what might happen if that had been me in 4 years.  Thank you for your help, got exactly what I expected.  I knew it was coming, but I didn't want to accept it really, sad to see everyone else going nuts and know I need to stay in, needed this as extra motivation.

But if you want my personal, real opinion, I think there is a complete difference between selling for profit and to break even.  If you had any street smarts whatsoever you would know that also, I have never sold but I am around it all the time and I know how it is.  Also, I think it doesn't matter if someone does drugs rfor recreation as long as they stay on track.  I think marijuana should be legalized.  I think it will never happen with the right wing assholes we have in this country.  Law enforcement agencies should consider people that have experience with drugs and actual street life, as gay as that sounds, rather than books, because not only do these people have better knowledge of how the world really works and better social skills but they will probably make better LE officers.  The police chief of Ewing recently visited our school and I was surprised to hear him say that he had quite a colorful childhood and was the recipient of second chances.

Also, how do you know what I can speak?  I could be a 14 year old kid or a 40 year old pervert or the (humorous yet true) coke snorting president of the U.S.

Don't even get me started on 'background checks'.  Sure, I think they should talk to professors, neighbors, and family members, but to actually ask these people or classmates and friends to attest to what they THINK someone might do/have done is ridiculous, is hearsay, and wouldn't even hold up in the crappiest court.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 12:55am
Whatever, man. If it were roleplaying, as you say, why delete the post?

Also, agencies do use people with "street smarts," and they pay them according to their ability. They are called informants. Perhaps you could get that job.

Selling for profit and selling to break even are the same thing. You are still trying to earn some kind of living by selling illegal drugs. Unless of course you bought your pot for one price and then turned around and sold it for exactly the same price, thereby providing a commodity with no profit to yourself. Get it?  It's even more hilarious that you now try again to justify it.   Cheesy

Funny post. And some people think that pot doesn't kill brain cells.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 2:55am
Thanks kid but first of all I'd never rat on anyone.  Clearly you don't know anything about informants or their acquisition but thats irrelevant.   

Let me explain something to you since you obviously aren't smart enough to get it.  You can buy an ounce of pot for 260.  You can sell 13 grams to make that 260 back and have plenty of pot left over for yourself to smoke.  It's called breaking even, and is totally different from selling for PROFIT, where you would sell the whole ounce, make about 500, buy another ounce or 2 and repeat.  The leftover marijuana is not considered profit by anybody, and even if the polygrapher thought it did, as long as the testee thought it didn't its all good.  Get it?  Your inability to comprehend this concept shows exactly what I was saying before about people with street smarts being useful to law enforcement agencies.

Also if you want to talk shit over the internet about how smart I am why don't you post your address.

I wouldn't have been a victim of pot killing brain cells due to my small experimenting, but it doesn't, as has been scientifically proven.   

I am done posting here thank you all for your input.  I will never lie on any polygraph test and I have nothing to fear due to my clean past.

I was looking through a few other posts on this site to get a feel for it, since I had not explored besides this post.  I saw everyone that has posted on this post on many others, and I withdraw my thanks.  You people are clearly sick and belong in our society no more than the average heroin junky.  I have seen 'trolls' on internet forums before but you guys set a real standard by trying to preach the truth then just venting your self-hatred.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2006 at 4:21am by LookingForAdvice »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 5:35am
Hmmm.  Marijuana doesn't usually cause this kind of paranoia, does it?  I wouldn't know because I have no "street smarts" when it comes to illegal drugs.   Wink

IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 12:08am
I find the whole concept behind the lie detector very interesting, but I wonder what they would do if you answered yes to all the control questions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 2:55am
you get an R/I

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #12 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 5:41am
LookingForAdvice wrote on Dec 5th, 2006 at 2:55am:
I was looking through a few other posts on this site to get a feel for it, since I had not explored besides this post.  I saw everyone that has posted on this post on many others, and I withdraw my thanks.  You people are clearly sick and belong in our society no more than the average heroin junky.  I have seen 'trolls' on internet forums before but you guys set a real standard by trying to preach the truth then just venting your self-hatred.

Are you saying this to the Anti or Pro Polygraph folks ? It makes a lot of difference in understanding what you are trying to say.  Clarification Please !! 

Regards .... 

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X