Normal Topic Voice Stress vs. Polygraph - whats different? (Read 29803 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Goober12
New User

Voice Stress vs. Polygraph - whats different?
Nov 3rd, 2006 at 12:16am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I may be going up against a Voice Stress Analysis test in a few months.  I am a bit confused what the difference is between Voice Stress Ananlsis and a polygraphgraph test.

Any and all comments welcome.

Many thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Re: Voice Stress vs. Polygraph - whats different?
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2006 at 5:04am
Goober12,

Well first of all, download, "The Lie Behind The Lie Detector", read chapters 3 & 4, and pay close attention to the parts on the CVSA. The polygraph parts apply for you too, as the CVSA is just another type of polygraph. Even though more worthless then the polygraph. Our resident polygraphers will even tell you they give the CVSA no valid worth what so ever. The key thing to remember on the CVSA is that it has been completely discredited as a deception detection device.  It can not tell if you are being deceptive what so ever. But its good to play the game with the operator so it looks like your being earnest. Much success to you.

Regards ....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2006 at 9:28am
The Lie Behind the Lie Detector does not address CVSA or other voice stress analysis techniques. However, as I've mentioned before on this message board, the behavioral countermeasures described in Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector may be helpful for passing a voice stress analysis "test," too.

The polygraph purports to detect deception by comparing physiological measures as respiration, heart rate and blood volume, and perspiration as an examinee answers a series of questions. Voice stress tests purport to detect deception by analyzing subtle changes in the voice that are imperceptible to the human ear.

Neither voice stress "tests" nor polygraph "tests" have any scientific basis. In both cases, the machine is essentially an interrogational prop used to dupe the gullible into making admissions/confessions. The so-called National Institute of Truth Verification, which markets CVSA, has even admitted in federal court that their device "is not capable of lie detection."

For more about voice stress analysis, see the CVSA and other Voice Stress Analysis Applications forum on this message board. In addition, if you'd like to receive a PDF file with the CVSA operator's manual chapter on pre-employment testing, e-mail me at maschke@antipolygraph.org or give me your e-mail address through a private message on this board, and I'll be happy to send it along.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lee

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 8:59pm
Hi All

George please send me the pdf

IP Logged

Voice Stress vs. Polygraph - whats different?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X