Normal Topic FAILED EVERY QUESTION ON THE LAPD POLYGRAPH!!! (Read 18029 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ca_2000
New User

FAILED EVERY QUESTION ON THE LAPD POLYGRAPH!!!
Nov 1st, 2006 at 5:55pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I guess I am considered a liar and a criminal to L.A.P.D. I never knew anything about the polygraph until I saw this website. I thought it was no big deal and it was just a step in the process. I was wrong!! 

We went over the questions and the test started. He did the control questions and after the test was over, he came back at me saying not to move. He said I was sitting on a sensor pad which there was and it showed I was squeezing something. I was like, I have no idea what you are talking about. he said I was squeezing a muscle. I was not but it showed on his test. Until I read this website, that muscle must have been the anal muscle for a countermeasure. i had no idea!! i was not trying to do that.

I answered every question truthfully and i failed every question. I could not believe it. I really did tell the truth. I dont know anyone here and have nothing to lie about. The polygraph destoyed my chances at a career. I would say 95% of the people applying for law enforcement do not belong. i am not one of them. i worked hard in getting my degree and a question i failed on was, before applying for the LAPD, you atteneded high school. I evejn failed that question. i told him do you want to see my transcripts, my diploma, my pictures. I could not believe it!!!! I even have a college education!! During background they even check that out. So I said to him, you are saying I never went to high school. he said you probably didn't. I wanted to rip this guys throat out. i had a few words for him and could not belive I failed every question. THere was about 10 questions whic were

Did you go to high school

Have you committed a serious crime. I said no, I consider a serious crime murder or stuff like that. I failed on that

Something about domestic disputes. I failed again!!!

Drug usage. i told the truth before the test and he failed me.

THere was a few more questions but i failed every one. Is it normal for your arm to swell up and get numb, turn blue, red from the cuff around you arm being so tight. Mine was.

I forgot to ask him if I failed when he asked what my name was.

LAPD seems shady. Something is going on. I would have made a good officer but it is there loss.

I guess I am a criminal now right. Am I going to be banned from every department now.

I thought the polygraph would be good to hire honest people and get the dishonest ones out of the process but I was wrong. I could not believe i failed. I thought it was a joke. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: FAILED EVERY QUESTION ON THE LAPD POLYGRAPH!!!
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:04am
In all probability, you failed the examination, not every question.  Because you were suspected of using countermeasures, which by your post, seems to be the case, you automatically fail the exam.  Failing "every question" seems to be taken out of context by you, or stated out context by the examiner.  The sensor pad is specifically designed to detect movements by the examinee, and is extremely responsive when the anal sphincter is employed as a countermeasure.  Whether you were actually deceptive to any of the relevant questions or not is a moot point;  you were suspected of CMs, and automatically failed the exam;  some agencies or departments may call it a No Opinion test, other may call it deceptive based on suspected CMs.  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ca_2000
New User

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:50am
Well I had never heard of any of that until today when I saw this website. I had no idea what he was talking about when he said i was moving a muscle. I dont recall ever moving anything.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 9:25am
ca 2000,

You should promptly appeal the polygraph results and request a re-test. I believe that the appropriate point of contact for this is still Phyllis Lynes in the Public Safety Employment Division. In recent years, the LAPD has been willing to grant re-tests to those applicants who ask, even those who have been accused of countermeasure use, provided no disqualifying admission has been made. And unlike the situation with the FBI, it seems there is a real chance of passing an LAPD "re-test."

Despite the use of seat pads, polygraphers have no demonstrated ability to reliably detect polygraph countermeasures, and Dr. Drew C. Richardson's polygraph countermeasure challenge has gone unanswered by the polygraph community for more than four years. It seems countermeasure "detection" consists of little more than guesswork and badgering the examinee for an admission. I, too, was falsely accused of countermeasure use by an LAPD polygrapher (Ervin Youngblood, who I understand is still ruining careers at LAPD). At the time, like you, I did not even know what polygraph countermeasures are.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CAdude
New User

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 5:07pm
ca_2000 wrote on Nov 1st, 2006 at 5:55pm:
I guess I am considered a liar and a criminal to L.A.P.D. I never knew anything about the polygraph until I saw this website. I thought it was no big deal and it was just a step in the process. I was wrong!! 

We went over the questions and the test started. He did the control questions and after the test was over, he came back at me saying not to move. He said I was sitting on a sensor pad which there was and it showed I was squeezing something. I was like, I have no idea what you are talking about. he said I was squeezing a muscle. I was not but it showed on his test. Until I read this website, that muscle must have been the anal muscle for a countermeasure. i had no idea!! i was not trying to do that.

I answered every question truthfully and i failed every question. I could not believe it. I really did tell the truth. I dont know anyone here and have nothing to lie about. The polygraph destoyed my chances at a career. I would say 95% of the people applying for law enforcement do not belong. i am not one of them. i worked hard in getting my degree and a question i failed on was, before applying for the LAPD, you atteneded high school. I evejn failed that question. i told him do you want to see my transcripts, my diploma, my pictures. I could not believe it!!!! I even have a college education!! During background they even check that out. So I said to him, you are saying I never went to high school. he said you probably didn't. I wanted to rip this guys throat out. i had a few words for him and could not belive I failed every question. THere was about 10 questions whic were

Did you go to high school

Have you committed a serious crime. I said no, I consider a serious crime murder or stuff like that. I failed on that

Something about domestic disputes. I failed again!!!

Drug usage. i told the truth before the test and he failed me.

THere was a few more questions but i failed every one. Is it normal for your arm to swell up and get numb, turn blue, red from the cuff around you arm being so tight. Mine was.

I forgot to ask him if I failed when he asked what my name was.

LAPD seems shady. Something is going on. I would have made a good officer but it is there loss.

I guess I am a criminal now right. Am I going to be banned from every department now.

I thought the polygraph would be good to hire honest people and get the dishonest ones out of the process but I was wrong. I could not believe i failed. I thought it was a joke. 

So how long did it take you to get your results???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mizzzz
New User

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 8:37pm
i failed a wastlake pd, cvsa test about amred robbery and grand theft, my freedom is at risk over somebody greedy selfish ways, and im only seventeen and screwed, and i was such a hard worker id do anything for anybody at m,y job and someone set my puerto rican ass up, when im done with the case im sueing westlake pd, westlake is a suburb far outside of cleveland, im a clevelander, they hate latinos in westlake their stupid white people town im even thinking of going on opera when im proven not gulity. so keep ur head up if you innocent, cus they cant get u unless ur proven gulity with hardcore evidence. my lawyer said the polygraph tests and cvsa test can be aqquitable, thrown out the courtroom
good luck

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 9:23pm
mizzzz

Unless you agreed to it, polygraph and CVSA results CANNOT be introduced as evidence in a court of law. If you have lost your job over this, tell your lawyer to get started on the complaint against your company. When the charges are thrown out, the complaint can be modified to include the PD.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 9:31pm
ca_2000

There is no need for the BP cuff to be that tight for accurate reeding. What happened to you is outright physical abuse by a police officer and is actionalable in a court of law. Cutting off circulation to that extent is dangerous.

Why would you want to work for a corrupt dept. like LAPD?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gr8dad
New User

Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2007 at 7:56am
Hey all!  I am new to this site, but it has been incredibly helpful in figuring out what happened to me.  About a year ago, my exwife began making FALSE allegations toward me or molesting my own three children.  And because our system is so screwed up, she has practically been able to keep my children away from me with NO evidence, only her hear-say!  Like most people in this world, I was totally oblivious to the truth about the polygraph.  I thought it was never wrong.  I thought it would tell the truth.  So, for months I begged to take one to prove my innocence.  Instead of setting me free it incrimnated me.  I took it at my local police department.  From the start the detective was accusing me of attempting countermeasures.  I didnt even know what a countermeasure was at that time.  Bottom line is the test came back with a deceptive result.  I was 100% truthful when answering the questions.  I could never harm any child let alone my own.  They are my world!  I dont care what any person defending the polygraph says.  I know for a FACT that it is JUNK SCIENCE!  It has branded me a child molester and that simply IS NOT TRUE!  I even spoke to my psychology professor at college and he said JUNK SCIENCE the second I said the word polygraph.  I have made several fliers that I will be hanging all over my community warning the general public of the dangers of this lie they call the polygraph.  I think that any police officer that uses it in the manner that most of them do should remove the word integrity from their list of accolades.

IP Logged

FAILED EVERY QUESTION ON THE LAPD POLYGRAPH!!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X