Normal Topic Re: Countermeasures for voice stress test??? (Read 46419 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Re: Countermeasures for voice stress test???
Oct 12th, 2006 at 3:04am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
People_Rep. wrote on Oct 11th, 2006 at 2:57am:
Can anyone give me some reliable countermeasures for a voice stress test?  I believe I'm going to be taking one of these for my local law enforcement testing procedure. Thanks!

Why are you asking about "countermeasures?"  What are you planning to lie about? Sad

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antipoly
New User

Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 7:47pm
I heard somewhere that is "measures" the body's streess in the voice, IE if you are more stressed there are pitch changes in your voice. you might be able to do the same tactics to pass a polygraph, and it would affect your voice enough to pass a CVSA/VSA, You could get a wave analist program, audacity Smiley, or even microsofts audio recorder Tongue. and check them against sites that show truthful/lying charts, and try to mimick them. its probally just like pOLYgraph, and just as inaccurate.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hamstring
New User

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2006 at 1:24pm
People_Rep. wrote on Oct 11th, 2006 at 2:57am:
Can anyone give me some reliable countermeasures for a voice stress test?  I believe I'm going to be taking one of these for my local law enforcement testing procedure. Thanks!

Try downloading a good free CVSA software such as LiarLiar and practice at home... that is the best advice I can give you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bakergroupint
New User

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 11:34pm
Silence is the only effective VSA countermeasure.  One does not "beat the instrument" but beats the examiner.  See the results of US Air Force Research Labs, Rome, NY, Phase 2 Validation Study of VSA technology at STUDIES   www.BakerDVSA.com.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 4:41pm
bakergroupint wrote on Nov 29th, 2006 at 11:34pm:
Silence is the only effective VSA countermeasure.  One does not "beat the instrument" but beats the examiner.  See the results of US Air Force Research Labs, Rome, NY, Phase 2 Validation Study of VSA technology at STUDIES   www.BakerDVSA.com.

So what happens if the subject waits, lets say, about 3-5 seconds to respond to the question stimulus.
Assuming that the examiner was enforcing an approx 2 sec pause between end of stimulus and
subject response. IE - producing a 5 - 7 second pause till voice response.

Q: What effect would that have on the accuracy of the cvsa examination?
A: It renders a NDI response.

Why?
Because homeostasis of the involuntary, laryngeal muscles restores after approx 3 seconds following
verbal response.

("Silence is the only CM..!!??") = BS.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anitpolygraph4antijustice

Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 8:18pm
yeah here's a tip, skip the application processand save us the harm ur gonna cause everyone. You won't pass. Idiot.

IP Logged

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X