Normal Topic Idiots at wallyworld (Read 5536 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PrivateSnowball
New User

Idiots at wallyworld
Oct 3rd, 2006 at 6:27am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I went into a walmart in a yuppie neighborhood on my way to the outdoor range... The experience made me want to rip my hair out. I bought a 100 round box of Winchester White Box target ammo in 9mm, a 50 round box of CCI blazer 9mm, and 2 100 round value packs of trap shooting shells. First the guys tried making all these stupid comments like would you look at the camera for me and smile? Your not going to the football game today with this are you? And then they tried to say we don't know if we can sell you all this at once... And I was like there is no limit on how much ammo I can buy, if that is what your saying, I would like to speak to management...

And then finally after a few more mass murder jokes, he finally started getting my ammo.. We had to go through almost every box on the shelf of him saying this one? nope... this one? nope.. that one over there please.. this one?? nope.. And when he gets the cci blazer, he hands me a box of .45 Auto instead of 9mm.. I caught that mistake and he got me the correct ammo... But then on the trap shells, I asked for 12 gauge, and I got 1 box of 12 gauge and one box of 20... I didnt notice that one so quick... I was halfway to the range, I was with my friend and im like that dumbass probably gave me 20 gauge shells, check the bag for me. And he did, and sure enough.. They were 20 gauge... Then they said when I brought it back that there is no returns or exchanges on ammunition.. I had a few not so kind words with management, and in the end they exchanged it for me..

I think next time, I might just pay a couple bucks extra and not go to walmart.

IF I was going to use all that ammo for a murdering spree, I don't think I would be buying a state range pass with the ammo and I would probably pick some deadlier ammo than WWB and 7 1/2 birdshot for the 12 gauge.  And I also wouldn't be buying paper targets and clay pigeons. But I didn't feel that I should have had to explain myself to these fools.

Good thing I already had enough ammo for my ak and ar15 and didn't need to buy any or they would have probably called the cops.

Just thought I would share my experience... These two clowns I had to deal with knew about what the average citizen does about firearms, which is why the second amendment will probably be erased from the bill of rights in the not so distant future.  I didn't find their comments to be very amusing and was a little bit offended.  I don't like to be treated like a criminal because I enjoy sport shooting firearms that I legally own and at a legal state-run firing range.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FutureCopIhope1337
New User

Re: Idiots at wallyworld
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 4:19am
I have to say that sometimes people deal with stress by going for jokes with negative meanings. For example, some cops develop jokes that have to do with murder or are cynical due to their stress.

However, I think your "annoyers" were probably feeling extra proud so they wanted to torture you some. 

Eric

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Re: Idiots at wallyworld
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 3:53pm
PrivateSnowball wrote on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 6:27am:
I went into a walmart in a yuppie neighborhood on my way to the outdoor range... The experience made me want to rip my hair out. I bought a 100 round box of Winchester White Box target ammo in 9mm, a 50 round box of CCI blazer 9mm, and 2 100 round value packs of trap shooting shells. First the guys tried making all these stupid comments like would you look at the camera for me and smile? Your not going to the football game today with this are you? And then they tried to say we don't know if we can sell you all this at once... And I was like there is no limit on how much ammo I can buy, if that is what your saying, I would like to speak to management...

And then finally after a few more mass murder jokes, he finally started getting my ammo.. We had to go through almost every box on the shelf of him saying this one? nope... this one? nope.. that one over there please.. this one?? nope.. And when he gets the cci blazer, he hands me a box of .45 Auto instead of 9mm.. I caught that mistake and he got me the correct ammo... But then on the trap shells, I asked for 12 gauge, and I got 1 box of 12 gauge and one box of 20... I didnt notice that one so quick... I was halfway to the range, I was with my friend and im like that dumbass probably gave me 20 gauge shells, check the bag for me. And he did, and sure enough.. They were 20 gauge... Then they said when I brought it back that there is no returns or exchanges on ammunition.. I had a few not so kind words with management, and in the end they exchanged it for me..

I think next time, I might just pay a couple bucks extra and not go to walmart.

IF I was going to use all that ammo for a murdering spree, I don't think I would be buying a state range pass with the ammo and I would probably pick some deadlier ammo than WWB and 7 1/2 birdshot for the 12 gauge.  And I also wouldn't be buying paper targets and clay pigeons. But I didn't feel that I should have had to explain myself to these fools.

Good thing I already had enough ammo for my ak and ar15 and didn't need to buy any or they would have probably called the cops.

Just thought I would share my experience... These two clowns I had to deal with knew about what the average citizen does about firearms, which is why the second amendment will probably be erased from the bill of rights in the not so distant future.  I didn't find their comments to be very amusing and was a little bit offended.  I don't like to be treated like a criminal because I enjoy sport shooting firearms that I legally own and at a legal state-run firing range.

Hi Snowball. I hope to hell that I'm a hundred miles away from you when you wake up one morning and decide that you dont like Mondays.

PS: My address is glacier 67h#; Iceland. North Pole. or South.

IP Logged

Idiots at wallyworld

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X