Normal Topic Cleve Backster's Psychic Plants? (Read 4613 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box techfan
New User

Cleve Backster's Psychic Plants?
Sep 7th, 2006 at 7:24pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
From what I have read, techniques developed by Cleve Backster, such as ZCT (Zone Comparison Test), are still widely used in polygraphy.  This is the same Cleve Backster who also used polygraphs to "prove" bio-communication with plants, in a widely criticised article entitled Primary Perception.

While I already had great doubts about the scientific validity of polygraphs, I was astonished to learn this information.

I am surprised his psuedo-scientific research (both with polygraphs and psychic plants) aren't prominently featured on this web site.

Why isn't this used to further attack the credibility of polygraphs?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Re: Cleve Backster's Psychic Plants?
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 8:06pm
techfan wrote on Sep 7th, 2006 at 7:24pm:
From what I have read, techniques developed by Cleve Backster, such as ZCT (Zone Comparison Test), are still widely used in polygraphy.  This is the same Cleve Backster who also used polygraphs to "prove" bio-communication with plants, in a widely criticised article entitled Primary Perception.

While I already had great doubts about the scientific validity of polygraphs, I was astonished to learn this information.

I am surprised his psuedo-scientific research (both with polygraphs and psychic plants) aren't prominently featured on this web site.

Why isn't this used to further attack the credibility of polygraphs?

That has long been my sig reference. "Leaf my Philodenrons alone."

Backster's plant experiments are mentioned, without aspersion, in the front of the Matte's text on polygraphy.

I think James Randi's million dollar challenge would be applicable but the testing could raise a ruckus with PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants).

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Re: Cleve Backster's Psychic Plants?
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2007 at 3:32pm
Cleve also undertook GSR experimentation using semen.
Why...!?
What was he thinking...?

The mind boggles.

This has puzzled me for years.

I look at him and my mind wanders. I picture him sitting there,
in his greenhouse, talking dirty to the plants. " Who's your daddy, daisy"
I wonder who he tested first; the plants or the semen?
Was the bio-feedback he referred to , the....the...Nope. I cant bring myself to say it.

The mind boggles.

IP Logged

Cleve Backster's Psychic Plants?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X