Normal Topic scared about some poly questions i might be asked (Read 5706 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jengrey78
New User

scared about some poly questions i might be asked
Aug 23rd, 2006 at 6:27am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
about 5 years ago (when i was 22), i used to work in a salon; i hated the owners, so once in a while i would become angry with them and take home a product w/out paying (stealing)...now i feel horrible for doing so and i wish i could go back and change that!   

i'm afraid of answering "yes" to any questions about stealing on the polygraph test.  can anyone please advise me, i'm so afraid of failing because of this.  thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: scared about some poly questions i might be as
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 9:47am
jengrey78 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2006 at 6:27am:
about 5 years ago (when i was 22), i used to work in a salon; i hated the owners, so once in a while i would become angry with them and take home a product w/out paying (stealing)...now i feel horrible for doing so and i wish i could go back and change that!  

i'm afraid of answering "yes" to any questions about stealing on the polygraph test.  can anyone please advise me, i'm so afraid of failing because of this.  thanks.

For what reason are you taking a polygraph exam?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous ętes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jengrey78
New User

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 12:18am
For a job that required TS clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alleycat1
New User

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 6:50pm
I am so worried. I have experimented with narcotics in the past. I learned my lesson with a couple of dead friends and a couple of jailed ones. Now I want to be on the right side of the law. I am healthy and athletic. I got a approx. a 93 on the police exam. I am going to have to take this poly. I have never been arrested, no tickets... I lucked out and I have a chance to make my parents proud by joining the NYPD. It seems like the only way to pass is to be a sociopath. Can I admit to unsing narcotics in the past? Will this completely ruin my chance, because if I lie, I won't pass. I am a bad liar. I am 22 and have kept my nose clean for the past few years. Can they excuse my youthfull  indescretions? How will these questions be asked? Can I admit to researching polys? Please I hope you can give me some direction? I know I could be a really good cop if I had the chance.

Alley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 7:53pm
First of all relax and understand something. They cant read your mind with their damn machine. They only want you to think they can. They cannot determine if you are lying or not. What they will do is try to trick you into a mental state that will make you nervous as hell about certain questions. If you are nervous enough about the right questions you will pass. If you are too nervous about the wrong questions, you will fail. All you have to do is figure out the right questions and make sure you sweat more, breathe differently and raise your pulse when those questions are asked. 

if you want to know how it works, read the ebook on the home page here. If you want to go in blind, dont read it. 

I would tell them you researched polygraph. They expect it anyway in the age of the internet.

This site is not about beating the system. Its about making sure the flawed system gets the right result (and abolishing the polygraph some day). Tell them everything they ask and be 100% honest. Don't lie. That is what is required of a LEO. Then make sure you pass the test by reacting to the proper questions at the proper time.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 8:17pm
Thank you for your respose to my nuttyness. So it's okay to admit everything stupid i have ever done? They cannot read my mind but I have to be truthful... Telling them the truth about everything will make sure that I pass, right? So I have done drugs in the past but I have learned from my mistakes. I stole white out from an office I worked at. How do I say these things without seeming like a scumbag?

Alley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 8:58pm
alleycat1,

To the best of my knowledge, the New York Police Department does not require applicants to submit to pre-employment polygraph screening.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 9:25pm
Please tell me that you are sure about that. It is not only about my career, but my dad has 20 years on the job NYPD. He refuses to retire, he is a crazy f*** but my hero. He has been shot four times, lost a partner... He has enough on his plate and word spreads quick on the force. My young stupidities can be a real thorn in his side. Thanks for replying...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 9:30pm
NYPD's website makes no mention of any polygraph requirement:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/chfpers/personnel/applicant-home.html

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 1:47pm
alleycat,

For certain, the NYPD does not polygraph applicants

While it does have this going for it, I hear nothing but the worst from friends who are employed there. I just can’t see why you would want the job.

The pay is lousy (starting pay is $25K in NYC!), working conditions are awful, and many of your co-workers will have unsavory pasts (my friends at NYPD refer to this phenomenon as "perps as cops").

Some true anecdotes that I have heard from friends there include: 

-Senior command members (i.e. two-star chiefs) running up to officers on the street and saying "officer, I need to call HQ immediately. Do you have a cell phone I can use?" If the officer produces a phone (the possession of which is banned), his tax-id number is recorded and he takes a hit (usually two vacation days).

-An internal affairs unit called "inspections" pulls over NYPD cars and checks for seat belts. Again, two-day rips fly. This unit also stops patrol cars during the holidays to search for merchandise to be sure that no one has been Christmas shopping.

-Being ordered at roll call to make three inspections of a certain rail yard over the midnight shift. Then, being reminded that no one is allowed to enter the above described rail yard, because it is a “cooping prone location” (nice sleeping area).

I, for one, have no idea who would want to work in an atmosphere like this where there is a complete lack of trust and constant invasion of privacy. I know that law enforcement is a calling in many young people. Still, I can’t imagine wanting it this bad to put up with the things I describe above.

IP Logged

scared about some poly questions i might be asked

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X