Normal Topic Significance of "Is this your first polygraph" (Read 4033 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Smooth
New User

Significance of "Is this your first polygraph"
Jul 25th, 2006 at 9:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello.

Last year I took my first polygraph as part of a police department application.  I didn't have to lie about my past, and I didn't lie about my past.  The test was easy, with no complications or issues, and I passed.

Ironically, that background investigator told me to reference "antipolygraph.org" before taking the test.  The poly examiner asked me the control question, "Did you do anything to prepare for or gain advantage over this test?"

I said, "No".  Wink

However, I was asked several times before that test, "Is this your first polygraph?"  It was, so I said yes.

Currently, I'm going to be taking another poly with a different department soon.  They've asked several times if this will be my first poly.  It's not, so I said, "No".

Admittedly, I'm pretty confident having already passed one of these things.  The second time, should be really easy... right?

Nuh-uh, this department is grilling me much harder than the first did.  I had to repeat, "No" several times for the drug and sexual-deviance questions in the background investigation.  (Almost like they were thinking I was too ugly to get sex without paying for it, LOL).

What do I need to be cognizant of for a second poly (after passing my previous one)?  This issue never seems to be addressed in the tools here. 

It's gotta be a big deal since the polygraph administrators are VERY interested in whether I'm a poly virgin, right?

I had initially figured that I'd be scrutinized even less, since they already know I passed a polygraph.  Currently, it seems to be having the opposite effect.

What's the deal?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Re: Significance of "Is this your first polyg
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 7:43pm
Smooth,

It really doesn't matter how many polygraphs you take. As the real problem always exists with the polygrapher and the mood and judgement he makes of you while in the chair and on the box. Since the polygraph is scientifically invalid anyways it all boils down to how convincing you are to the examiner. Read, "The Lie Behind the Lie Detector" down load it from this website, TLBLD, (especially chapters 3 & 4) and be prepared. Once your prepared for the game and you know the rules. The polygrapher is pretty much impotent to stop you. And never, ever admit to coming to this website. As it a certain failure for you to do so, as they can't or won't take the chance that you beat them using countermeasures. Much luck and success.

Regards ....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2006 at 6:42am
EosJupiter,

You're correct... if the polygraph examiner don't like something about the examinee from the start, such as the individuals attitude, appearance, personality, persona, body language, etc., etc... the test result will probably be unfavorable for the unsuspecting examinee..

triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Smooth
New User

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 8:27pm
I passed the second one.  It was much harder than the first poly I took.  This time there were no control questions.  Everything was either relevant or irrevelant.

At one point the examiner did shut the test down and commence with a fishing trip on drug useage, but I knew I was 100% squeaky clean.  Initially I was a bit scared that I'd fail for no good reason when the examiner went fishing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box day2day
New User

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 9:30pm
I had a second test with a department a while back (third test overall).  It too was a Relevant/Irrelevant test.  The prior test was a CQT.  Like you, the background investigation seemed to be more intense the second go round.

Contrary to EosJupiter's belief, I disclosed visits to Antipolygraph.org, my knowledge about polygraph, the existence of countermeasures and my opinion about polygraph testing (not positive).  I do not believe I suffered any discrimination from the examiner due to those admissions...I passed both.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 10:50pm
day2day wrote on Aug 30th, 2006 at 9:30pm:
Contrary to EosJupiter's belief, I disclosed visits to Antipolygraph.org, my knowledge about polygraph, the existence of countermeasures and my opinion about polygraph testing (not positive).  I do not believe I suffered any discrimination from the examiner due to those admissions...I passed both.

Day2Day,

I am glad you passed with having knowlege of this website being out in the open. It may not have hurt you in a local LEO venue, but I would be willing to bet in a Federal Agency, it would be the kiss of death. I believe for me you are the first in memory to be this successful. Many good things to you.

Regards .... 

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Significance of "Is this your first polygraph"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X