Normal Topic Falling Asleep During A Plolygraph (Read 9815 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box underlyingtruth
Very Senior User

Falling Asleep During A Plolygraph
Jul 18th, 2006 at 6:59am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I've been meaning to ask this question for a while...

Does anyone else have trouble staying awake during a polygraph test?  I know I do.  I almost fall asleep sometimes.   
One time I did.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alterego1
Senior User

Re: Falling Asleep During A Plolygraph
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 10:01pm
I haven't taken a polygraph yet, but I can imagine if one had the mind power to mentally dissociate himself from the test that well, then he would have no problems at all passing the test!! 

How do you acheive such a relaxed state in such a high stress environment?  I've heard of some people doing crazy things to achieve the state that you've described.  One member on here described staring at an electrical outlet on the wall of the room and pretending that he lived inside that outlet.  He imagined all the intricacies of life inside of an electrical outlet, and what it would be like.   Hey, whatever helps ya pass!! 

I, personally, can tune people out very well and think about other things.  (Kinda like Charlie Brown's teacher, where all he hears is, "Wah wah, wah wah wah wah").  My only concern with doing this during a polygraph is not being able to answer what the polygrapher just asked me.  If i'm concentrating on something else or falling asleep, I would be like, "Now what the hell did this clown just ask me?  Do I say yes or no?"

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 7:39pm
I stare at a dot on the wall, focus on my breathing, and just block everything else out - like being in a trance.  I bring myself "up" a level each time I recongnize a CQ to use CMs, but try to stay in the same trance-like state during all the other questions - answering yes or no with as little movement as possible and always on the exhalation of my breath.
I used to take strong antihistamines and would sometimes start to fall asleep in between questions because the polygrapher would wait so long in between questions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Thomas_Delacy
User

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2006 at 8:22am
there you go underlyin, why would you ask this question when you alredy know the answer.. you take strong sleep aid's or antihistims.  I tink a normal person taking a polygraph will be to nervrous to think about sleep!

He who control's the future, control's the past He who control's the past, control's the future.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2006 at 10:27am
Thomas_Delacy wrote on Jul 22nd, 2006 at 8:22am:
there you go underlyin, why would you ask this question when you alredy know the answer.. you take strong sleep aid's or antihistims.  I tink a normal person taking a polygraph will be to nervrous to think about sleep!

I asked if anybody ELSE has ever had this occur; of course, I knew why I was falling asleep.

And the lack of nervousness plays into my other posts about taking multiple polygraphs.

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2006 at 9:44pm by underlyingtruth »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Thomas_Delacy
User

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2006 at 8:51pm
underlying, i can care less what people think about my post's, grammer-wise. i type like i type short-handed style or just instant messengin style, quick two minute entrys of whats in my mind, if i really cared of how people judge me in a message board where knowone knows me i would type appropiatly. may i ask why do you take multiple polygraphs?

He who control's the future, control's the past He who control's the past, control's the future.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yardman43
New User

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 12:08am
hey guys i see yall on alot so ill ask yall i will be coming up on a poly soon i know of two question will be ask. Do you believe i will ask you anything other than what we we discussed? do you believe there is anything else i will ask you about other than whats on the test.  what kind of questions are these and how do you react to them

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 7:20am
Yardman43,

I suggest that you download and read "TLBTLD"... it clearly explains the questions that you are asking.

v/r
triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box itstime
New User

Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 12:47am
Well its time for the polygraph I wish I was that calm of a person to be able to fall a sleep but im not so here I am looking for some advice ive read everything and im sure i know when to and not to . It will be a zone comparison test 10 questions 3 controls, 3 relevents,  1 sacrifice irelevent , 1 irrelevent 2 symptomatic i think they call it. I am convinced that using the countermeasures is the way to go since this will involve my job and my lifestyle it gives,very important stuff to me.  Anyway I would like to hear from a few that have actually used the countermeasures and they really worked just need some encouragement or reassurance this is the right thing to do. Appreciatte any advise also   Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #9 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 7:08am
itstime wrote on Aug 4th, 2006 at 12:47am:
Well its time for the polygraph I wish I was that calm of a person to be able to fall a sleep but im not so here I am looking for some advice ive read everything and im sure i know when to and not to . It will be a zone comparison test 10 questions 3 controls, 3 relevents,  1 sacrifice irelevent , 1 irrelevent 2 symptomatic i think they call it. I am convinced that using the countermeasures is the way to go since this will involve my job and my lifestyle it gives,very important stuff to me.  Anyway I would like to hear from a few that have actually used the countermeasures and they really worked just need some encouragement or reassurance this is the right thing to do. Appreciatte any advise also   Thanks

Please do not cross-post the same message to multiple message threads. Once is enough. Duplicates of your post have been deleted.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2006 at 4:03am
Itstime,

How do you know that it will be 10 questions: 3 CQ, 3 RQ, and 1 IQ?  Do you already know what the questions will be?  If so, post them or private message them and we can discuss them in more detail.

I have failed several polygraphs while being completely honest.   I got tired of being called a lier and set out to find out why I was failing, learned to use CMs, and have past every one of them since.  I use CMs multiple times with different polygraphers and have never even been accused of using them.  They work.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box onlyGodcantell

Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 6:50am
after going through one plolygraph i became alot more comfortable with the atmosphere i was about to face during my second polygraph.  once the test was in progress i was staring at the patterns on the wall making faces with them and completely spacing out, i even caught myself nodding off, but to my dismay i failed anyways

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box WalkerTR
New User

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 9:04pm
I didn't have trouble staying awake, but during one test I took the polygrapher was dozing off when I glanced at him!

IP Logged

Falling Asleep During A Plolygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X