Normal Topic Blocking (apnea) in the respiratory channel (Read 3180 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alterego1
Senior User

Blocking (apnea) in the respiratory channel
Jul 15th, 2006 at 2:36am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
After reading TLBTLD, I am still confused with one of the respiratory countermeasures.  Blocking is defined as a slight pause in the breathing (holding one's breath) at the end of an exhalation.  Is this only to be done at the end of the breath that follows the test taker's answer?  Or is this blocking supposed to be done for several breaths?

IP Logged

Senior User

Re: Blocking (apnea) in the respiratory channel
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 6:11am
Damn, does anyone come on the boards anymore??  George???  Get out of the coffee shops in Amsterdam and answer our questions....that ganja is bad for your head bro  Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 9:31pm
alterego1 wrote on Jul 16th, 2006 at 6:11am:
Damn, does anyone come on the boards anymore??  George???  Get out of the coffee shops in Amsterdam and answer our questions....that ganja is bad for your head bro  Grin

After the above insulting post, do not expect me to devote any time to answering any questions you may have. Good luck to you.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2006 at 12:14am
You must've missed the smiley face at the end indicating my sarcasm??  Damnit George.  I make one jovial comment regarding a Dutch national pasttime, and you won't speak to me again.  Yet nonombre can hurl insults all day at you, and you still entertain the guy.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2006 at 5:23pm by alterego1 »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box underlyingtruth
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2006 at 6:21am
alterego1 wrote on Jul 17th, 2006 at 12:14am:
You must've missed the smiley face at the end indicating my sarcasm??  Damnit George.  I make one jovial comment regarding a Dutch pasttime, and you won't speak to me again.  Yet nonombre can hurl insults all day at you, and you still entertain the guy.

I could be wrong, but that didn’t sound like a sincere apology to me.    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2006 at 7:52am by underlyingtruth »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Thomas_Delacy
User

Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2006 at 7:43am
LOL   MESSAGE BOARD DRAMAMAMAMAMAAAAAAA!

He who control's the future, control's the past He who control's the past, control's the future.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Mystery
Senior User

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2006 at 9:53pm
There are many people with legitimate grievances against the polygraph (i.e. people who have never used drugs and then been falsely accused).   

Your remarks undermine and belittle such people.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box cesium_133
Senior User

Mendacium est dicere "Animum
tuum lego!"

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 1:04am
Alterego, George works in a foreign land, doing something for a living he probably would not have been doing now had a couple of tarot readers not hosed him.

George also has the guts and is willing to take the time to create this site, with all the information on it, and answer everyone's questions as best he can.  Not to mention taking on polygraphers and their "lucre"ative fraud.  I think 3460+ posts speaks for itself.

Accusing him, even as a joke, of being high or stoned is uncalled for.  It does make me wonder, also:

You ask a great deal about how people should breathe, whether and how to employ apnea, what questions they got and what CM's they used.  I found this site while I was facing poly testing, and I never asked the kind of stuff you did, or in such detail.  Don't get me wrong, this place is for the dissemination of knowledge, but...

Given your detailed questions, your mockery of the moderator and site owner, and your rather cavalier way of fobbing it all off, I must ask: are you a polygrapher, or do you associate or sympathize with them?  If so, come out and say it like nonombre did.  You can still post here... George, unlike the polytrolls, will debate you without hostility (which could explain why he tolerates nonombre, but I don't know).

Just be nice.  As for blocking, I simply repeat that I would far prefer mental CM's, which are undetectable 100% of the time... breathing is voluntary...

Polygraphers escaped from among the evils of Pandora's box, which might have been an old analog polygraph... only God can tell whether you're lying or not, and He will judge you in His own time...
IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 1:23am
cesium_133 wrote on Jul 18th, 2006 at 1:04am:
Alterego, George works in a foreign land, doing something for a living he probably would not have been doing now had a couple of tarot readers not hosed him.

George also has the guts and is willing to take the time to create this site, with all the information on it, and answer everyone's questions as best he can.  Not to mention taking on polygraphers and their "lucre"ative fraud.  I think 3460+ posts speaks for itself.

Accusing him, even as a joke, of being high or stoned is uncalled for.  It does make me wonder, also:

You ask a great deal about how people should breathe, whether and how to employ apnea, what questions they got and what CM's they used.  I found this site while I was facing poly testing, and I never asked the kind of stuff you did, or in such detail.  Don't get me wrong, this place is for the dissemination of knowledge, but...

Given your detailed questions, your mockery of the moderator and site owner, and your rather cavalier way of fobbing it all off, I must ask: are you a polygrapher, or do you associate or sympathize with them?  If so, come out and say it like nonombre did.  You can still post here... George, unlike the polytrolls, will debate you without hostility (which could explain why he tolerates nonombre, but I don't know).

Just be nice.  As for blocking, I simply repeat that I would far prefer mental CM's, which are undetectable 100% of the time... breathing is voluntary...

Cesium

I'm a very nice guy, but a very sarcastic one nonetheless.  As a veteran of the US Armed Forces, I know firsthand that military officers can be a little moody and soft-skinned.  I was just busting George's balls; evidently, he can't handle my sarcasm. (how about that proper usage of the semicolon, George?  Wink)

With that being said, I came to this site to learn more about the polygraph just like the rest of you.  I ask detailed questions, because there are parts of George's book that aren't detailed (just like the apnea portion of Chapter 4 that I was asking questions about).  

I'm sure if I hang out here long enough you will all accomodate my unique style.  Grin  

IP Logged

Blocking (apnea) in the respiratory channel

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X