Normal Topic Lie Detector Fraud (Read 6187 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box amazedbyresults1
New User

Lie Detector Fraud
May 26th, 2006 at 1:42am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I must say, you guys on this board are on to something. I wish I would have checked it out prior to taking my polygraph. Actually, it might have worried me a lot more, knowing that people fail when they're telling the truth. Anyway, I took a polygraph today in regards to some money that went missing from the place in which I live. To make a long story short, I took the exam, told nothing but the truth and failed with flying colors. Actually, I was too honest. Before this guy had me hooked up to the machine, he asked me a lot of questions and I answered them all beyond truthfully. I had to think about a lot of them, because I don't remember what I did for the last few years when it comes to little things. So, as I'm hooked up to this machine, I'm sitting in an uncomfortable wooden chair and totally uncomfortable. Basically, I'm now considered liable for this theft, even though I've stolen nothing. The only one at a loss now is me. What did I do wrong? I mean, seriously, what could have gone wrong? I'm a larger gentleman at 6'2 and 310 pounds. I wasn't nervous, but I was uncomfortable. The whole time, I was moving around in my seat, sweating due to being uncomfortable as the chair was too small. Be as it may, to all of you out there that are honest, say NO when it comes to taking one of these exams. I now have to pay close to $2000 I don't have. Oh, the joys of life. So, my message to all of you is that if you're on this board, and if it's possible, avoid taking this sham of an exam.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: Lie Detector Fraud
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2006 at 3:28am
You don't have to pay jack sh.t. The polygraph CANNOT prove your guilt. Make them prove your guilt in a court of law with hard evidence and the polygraph is not admisable in a court of law.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2006 at 3:42am
TWOBLOCK: Thank you so much for your reply. I really wish I would have gone that route. I'm usually skeptical, but I made the mistake of trusting this process. Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20, so I know it was naive. The "exam" occurred in the kitchen of where I live. It was right in the middle of my work day and I had a lot of things to tend to prior to and immediately after the "exam". I didn't even think about the "exam" solely because I didn't have anything to worry about because I thought if I was open, I'd be found to be telling the truth. Now, the one other suspect passed the lie detector test. This particular suspect has previously stolen from everyone in the house and is a heavy drug user and takes muscle relaxers as if they were Chicklets. This is just something I don't understand. Basically, I appear to be guilty (due to "failing" the "exam" so now I am being asked to pay this money - the money that was stolen. I really wish I would have read this board prior to the "exam". There isn't any worse feelings in the world than being innocent and having a machine tell you you're lying. TWOBLOCK, I appreciate your response. I really do. If there is anything I can do on my end to further educate future "exam" takers, let me know. And the funny part, the "examiner" said that polygraphy was a "science". My reputation is ruined and now my summer's ruined.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2006 at 3:44am
TWOBLOCK: The woman that actually requested I take this polygraph actually believes, from the bottom of her heart, it's 100% accurate. I don't feel it's my job to prove that it's not to her, but why is it, in your opinion, that people believe this is actually a "science"? Thank you, in advance, for your reply. I'm just in shock. That's all. Total shock.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #4 - May 26th, 2006 at 4:02am
amazed

If you tell some people it is hot as hell on the North Pole, they will believe it. Tell this gal to study this site and get educated.

I say again you HAVE NOT been proven guilty. If you feel that you must pay off, then do it with the crackhead thief's hide.

Also tell the polygrapher, if he hasn't already, download this site as well. You could have passed it and he is lying to you because the crackhead new how to beat it.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - May 26th, 2006 at 4:37am
TWOBLOCK: Your post made me laugh. The person that passed the "test" is numb to the world. When he stole over $500 from me over one year ago, he just gave me this blank look. He'd give the same look if you told him he won a million dollars versus a look he'd give if you caught him in the act of killing someone. I don't even know if he was the one that stole the money, but the woman "narrowed it down" to him and I. I'm more concerned with why I failed, because while I don't know he was the one that stole the money (many people come in and out of this house), I do know I wasn't the one that took it. At first, I went crazy and the "examiner" said to the woman, "That's how they all react." Man, I just wanted to go back in that room and knock him out. I was visibly upset. I have never claimed to be a saint, but I've never, ever in my many years on this planet stolen from family or friends. It all just seems like a bad dream. You see, everyone wins: the "examiner" gets paid, the woman gets her money back and now wants the exam fee from me and the person that stole the money has it free and clear. And then, silly me, someone who works hard, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't do drugs and worked for everything he has, now must come up with close to $2000. TWOBLOCK, for me, the damage has already been done. These people are clannish and the two women in the house can create a conspiracy theory as to why a straw was removed from the counter. Sending the woman who had her money stolen to this site would only, in her eyes, further prove my "deception". That's just how she'll think. But, I can't blame her, though, because it was never about the truth, it was about recouping this money. And, stupid me, a few days after I heard this happened, though of possibly selling some things on eBay just to give her a few dollars. Again, TWOBLOCK, thank you for your time. If anyone else has some insight, please let me know.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #6 - May 26th, 2006 at 6:22am
amazedbyresults1,

1st off as long as you didn't admit to anything, the polygraph test is worthless. 2nd your employer cannot use it against you for firing purposes. 3rd - Refuse another polygraph if asked to take one and refer to this website. Tell them you know the lie behind the lie detector. The polygrapher will not be too happy but thats too dam bad. 4th listen to TwoBlock and make them prove their accusations. 5th Get yourself a lawyer and be prepared. Lastly download, "The Lie Behind the Lie Detector", and read it. Especially chapters 3 +4, and then judge by your experience how close it really is. Also if you know the name of the polygrapher post his/her name here on this medium and put some light on those who like to hide behind their BS Machine. Much luck. 

Regards ... 

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2006 at 7:10am
EosJupiter: Thank you for your response. This didn't have anything to do with an employer. It was an in-house thing for "peace of mind". I didn't know or even think about visiting a site like this because I didn't have anything to worry about - I was telling the truth. I don't remember the name of the "examiner" but he was just what you'd expect. He didn't smile and looked miserable. Apparently, he thought I was using what I now know are called countermeasures. He had told the woman who scheduled the test (who claims her money was stolen by me) that my breathing was all over the place. I'm not in tip-top shape, my nose was clogged and for crying out load I was hot, sitting in a wooden chair and hungry. Look, I'm no saint, not by any means, but this is just crazy. I don't want to identify the "examiner" on this site by name (don't know it, but could get it), but I can tell you right now that his license plate said something like PLYGRAPH. Obviously, he's in this bubble where he thinks this machine can tell all. Man, I'm a Yankee fan but don't have YANKEES on my license plate. But I'm not going to throw punches at a guy that's not here to punch back. He's probably a great guy. I'm just shocked it produced the result it did. After reading the .pdf file on this site, I realize I should have been skeptical. After doing further research, I know there was one guy in that room lying and that person was the "examiner". Thank you again for writing back guys (and gals).

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2006 at 7:21am
EosJupiter: As for your comment about refusing to take another "test", believe me, I'll never take another as long as I live. If the "procedure" was accurate , after reading the Lie Behind The Lie Detector, I wouldn't even take another lie detector "test" even if I passed this test.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #9 - May 27th, 2006 at 1:58am
amazedbyresults1,

Well now your armed and knowlegeable. Spread the word and let people know about this site and your experience. Every time someone confronts a polygraph with knowlege the outcome is usually far better than your experience. Much success to you.

Regards

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - May 27th, 2006 at 6:17pm
Jupiter: Again, thank you for your support. You know what's funny? People actually believe in these "exams" because the people admistering them are well-spoken and in suits. Oh, they must be honest right? Well, each day, we live and learn. Have a good weekend.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #11 - May 28th, 2006 at 12:55am
amazedbyresults1 wrote on May 27th, 2006 at 6:17pm:
Jupiter: Again, thank you for your support. You know what's funny? People actually believe in these "exams" because the people admistering them are well-spoken and in suits. Oh, they must be honest right? Well, each day, we live and learn. Have a good weekend.

amazedbyresults1,

Its the old addage beware of BS artists in cheap suits !
Never be intimidated especially when your the superior intellect in the room. 

Regards ....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #12 - May 28th, 2006 at 1:51am
Jupiter: That just goes to show how the public can be manipulated. Heck, if we see it on TV, it must be true. Take care.

IP Logged

Lie Detector Fraud

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X