Normal Topic Failed Polygraph (Read 2903 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lost-009
New User

Failed Polygraph
May 17th, 2006 at 11:07pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm new to the site.  I have been recently accused of a horrible crime by a relative which did not occurred since I was not in the same location as said relative.  I was out of town.  In my eagerness to provide additional evidence I submitted to a private polygraph test and failed.  How can that be?  I did notice even before taking the polygraph that the subject raises my heartbeats and during the test I was anxious.   ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Re: Failed Polygraph
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2006 at 3:41am
you failed because your body reacted more to the questions about the crime in question than the other questions that you were also asked. Polygraph operators assume that any signs of nervousness about the issue at hand is an indication of lying. Of course this is rubbish but that is why you "failed"

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box taxwork
New User

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2006 at 4:23am
I am also new to this site, this is my first entry.  Yesterday I took a polygraph test for a FBI position.  I'm over Fifty and have never taken the test.  Throughout all my years I always thought that some people can make it appear that they are telling the truth when they are not; but I always assumed  a polygraph would never give a false readings to a truthful person.

I was not nervous when I took the  polygraph, I had nothing to hide and had been upfront.  The person administrating the test got me very nervous, first he asked me several times if I had researched the polygraph on the internet, he said there is alot of lies about being able to fool the polygraph.  Well long story short after taking the test three times, the person said everytime the question regarding selling drugs came up he saw a reading.  He asked me, I told I have never sold or taken any illegal drugs.   

I thought I was a unique case, polygraph falsely showing a truthful person to be lying.

When I got home, I felt very very bad, I decided to do a google search on "failed polygraph telling truth", I found this site.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2006 at 5:18am
i was also accused by the FBI of being a drug dealer when trying to get an FBI job. Welcome to the club. I am sorry you had to join.

IP Logged

Failed Polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X