Normal Topic DoDPI Numerical Scoring System (Read 7555 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

DoDPI Numerical Scoring System
Apr 11th, 2006 at 10:18pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
A Department of Defense Polygraph Institute instructional document dated August 2004 outlining DoDPI's "Numerical Evaluation Scoring System" may be downloaded as a 188kb PDF file here:

http://antipolygraph.org/documents/dodpi-numerical-scoring-08-2004.pdf

"This document introduces you to the DoDPI Numerical Evaluation Scoring System. There are other numerical scoring systems in existence; however, the DoDPI system is the preferred and standardized system of evaluation used throughout the Federal government."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Re: DoDPI Numerical Scoring System
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 2:38am
Quote:
A Department of Defense Polygraph Institute instructional document dated August 2004 outlining DoDPI's "Numerical Evaluation Scoring System" may be downloaded as a 188kb PDF file here:

http://antipolygraph.org/documents/dodpi-numerical-scoring-08-2004.pdf

"This document introduces you to the DoDPI Numerical Evaluation Scoring System. There are other numerical scoring systems in existence; however, the DoDPI system is the preferred and standardized system of evaluation used throughout the Federal government."

Mr. Maschke,

I never thought I would ever hear myself saying this, but "Thank You."  I have been trying to get my hands on the latest DoDPI scoring handout and the federal polygraph handbook ever since I was licensed as a polygraph examiner in my state.

You see, as you are well aware, DoDPI sets the standard in polygraph, not just in the federal community, but among law enforcement and private examiners.  Bottom line, DoDPI is the "Mecca" of the polygraph world, yet it is so hard for non-federal examiners to get any of their publications.

Now that I have the DoDPI scoring manual and the federal handbook, I will study and apply the procedures that I know will most certainly result in a forensic polygraph examination that is relevant, accurate, reliable, and most important, standardized. 

I am dead serious about this, Mr. Maschke.  You have just done a great service for the law enforcement and private polygraph community.  Thanks again and...

Keep up the good work!

Nonombre Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 4:57am
Nonombre,

I would suggest more Oz than Mecca.  As I recall the wizard preferred to keep his curtain closed; religious (political and academic as well) centers generally like to spread the gospel.  Why do you think what you characterize as George's public service (I completely agree with your assesment by the way) was not provided to you through obvious and more direct channels?  Why do you think George's source has done you the favor?  Hmmm....very interesting...lol  Happy reading though...
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2006 at 1:35pm by Drew Richardson »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box retcopper
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 2:28pm
Nonombre:

I think you hit a sore spot with Drew.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tarlain
Senior User

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 10:03am
This document is excellent.  I could not have asked for a document with better definitions, explanations, and figures.  It's like being behind the stage of a magician, watching his every trick.   

edit:  it is apparent that the readers of this document have an extremely limited understanding of physiology.  i felt like i was back in my first week of my first anatomy/physiology course.  i am convinced that the average 9th grader would have no problem understanding everying there is to know about this instrument.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antrella
User

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:41pm
Anyone care to explain this:

inhalation/exhalation ratio
Normally the ratio is about 1:2 in a resting human and changes during stress. Changes in the I/E ratio are a diagnostic feature or criterion in PDD and were first reported by Benussi in 1914.

I thought this was understood to be about 1:1 in a resting human.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:59pm
antrella wrote on Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:41pm:
Anyone care to explain this:

Normally the ratio is about 1:2 in a resting human and changes during stress. Changes in the I/E ratio are a diagnostic feature or criterion in PDD and were first reported by Benussi in 1914.

I thought this was understood to be about 1:1 in a resting human.

The reference here is to duration (time), not volume. The full text from the DoDPI document, at pp. 55-56, is as follows:

Quote:

The duration of inhalation segment of the respiratory cycle compared with that of exhalation
segment. Normally the ratio is about 1:2 in a resting human and changes during stress. Changes
in the I/E ratio are a diagnostic feature or criterion in PDD and were first reported by Benussi in

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antrella
User

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 6:43pm
Quote:

The reference here is to duration (time), not volume. The full text from the DoDPI document, at pp. 55-56, is as follows:

Right, that's what I assumed - so a resting human breath should go:

Breathe in 1, 2
Breathe out 3, 4, 5, 6
Breathe in 7, 8
Breathe out 9, 10, 11, 12

Please correct me if I'm wrong George, but I thought TLBTLD stated that breathing in should take as much time as breathing out (2 seconds in, 2 seconds out for example, the entire "breath cycle" lasting 4 seconds).

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 7:31pm
antrella,

We don't suggest an inhalation-exhalation duration ratio in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. However, I can see how one might well infer from the simplistic illustrations of breathing reactions provided from DoDPI training materials (at pp. 147-48 of the 4th edition) that a 1:1 ratio is "normal."

DoDPI's expected at rest inhalation:exahalation duration ratio of 1:2 will be mentioned in the forthcoming edition of TLBTLD.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

DoDPI Numerical Scoring System

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X