Normal Topic Beta Blockers? (Read 3251 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box joeschmoe
New User

Beta Blockers?
Apr 11th, 2006 at 4:58pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I found this great interview this morning while looking for any info on Beta Blockers and their ability to aid a poly. If anyone has any info on BB's please post a reply.

This interview I found ithought would be great here

http://truth.boisestate.edu/polygraph/MURPHY1.HTML

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AngryinNY
New User

Re: Beta Blockers?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 2:00am
I took a poly with beta blockers (with the knowledge of the polygrapher.) I don't think it affected much of anything, except that it encouraged the polygrapher to press me about my mental stability since I have a prescription to use this medication for performance anxiety.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box razor
New User

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 9:29am
i know someone who took a le poly a few months ago and he took (2) digoxin (calcium chanel blocker) and he passed his poly and got offered the job and turned it down for whatever reason. but what dig does is slow your heart rate (extremely) so he said he was very very dizzy the whole time lol, but he passed.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 1:27pm
Razor,

You write:
Quote:

i know someone who took a le poly a few months ago and he took (2) digoxin (calcium chanel blocker) and he passed his poly and got offered the job and turned it down for whatever reason. but what dig does is slow your heart rate (extremely) so he said he was very very dizzy the whole time lol, but he passed.

Because effective countermeasures are readily produced by various physical and mental means and, because pharmacological countermeasures are generally a poor choice, I would not normally waste much time disucssing them.  Your post is an exception.  Digoxin is NOT a calcium channel blocker, is a cardiac glycoside, one of several chemicals obtained from natural sources, i.e., digitalis lanata (foxglove), and is a very very powerful cardiac drug used in the treatment of congestive heart failure, and is toxic and a poison for most people at very low levels.  It would be extremely dangerous to be taking this drug for any casual purpose to include some purported manipulation of a polygraph examination.  UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD DIGOXIN EVER BE USED FOR SUCH A PURPOSE.

IP Logged

Beta Blockers?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X