Normal Topic failed !st and 2nd poly last year. (Read 1734 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box grandma
New User

failed !st and 2nd poly last year.
Apr 10th, 2006 at 8:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I failed a first and 2nd poly late last year.  I was stupid as I did not do any research and fell for the post interrogation and admitted to shop-lifting on the second exam.  That was with local police agency.  I am up for a chance on another agency.  How probable is it that they will find out in the background investigation about the failure/Lie.  Also are there any consequences other than being disqualified.  In other words, how thorough are typical bacground checks for local police agencies.  Or should I just confess to having failed with the previous agency?  Doing this does mean I will be automatically disqualified.   Help! I am caught between a rock and a hard place.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Mystery
Senior User

Re: failed !st and 2nd poly last year.
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 9:43pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
The shoplifting probably won't disqualify you.  Lying about your previous application DEFINATELY will disqualify you.

Many people have done much worse than shoplifting and gotten jobs.

Oh and yes I've known plenty of people who failed a polygraph with one agency and then passed at another (both at the local and federal level).

IP Logged

failed !st and 2nd poly last year.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X