Normal Topic 2nd shot (Read 2723 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sharp
New User

2nd shot
Apr 7th, 2006 at 10:47pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
How long until the retest results come in. I took the retest over 3 weeks and still have not heard anything. Should I be optimistic?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Mystery
Senior User

Re: 2nd shot
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 12:37am
I predict you have exactly 3 days, 11 hours, and 22 minutes left.  However, if you told us which agency someone may be offer to give you a more accurate answer (as if that is possible!)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 1:15am
I advise against posting the agency you tested with for obvious reasons.

Anxiety

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Mystery
Senior User

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 1:57am
Your results are probably back.  Whether he/she will tell you is another story.  Formal notices take about one month to arrive in the mail.

Good luck!

Edit----
Also, FYI I've known of people who have passed and not been called back for the medical or other parts for 4 or 5 weeks.  If you haven't heard anything don't start stressing now.  You should have a reasonable idea of how you did based on comparing your experience to that of others on this site.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2006 at 4:16am by Mr. Mystery »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 5:33pm
sharp wrote on Apr 7th, 2006 at 10:47pm:
How long until the retest results come in. I took the retest over 3 weeks and still have not heard anything. Should I be optimistic?

Sharp,

I'm sorry to say you don't have much reason to be optimistic about a retest following an FBI poly failure. From my experience, it's more difficult to tell whether you passed or not based on examiner behavior the second go-around. Second examiners don't seem to badger examinees to the same degree as the initial examiners. Perhaps, they figure why go the extra mile if the examinee is going to be failed, anyway? The pressure is off them. Or maybe they feel sorry for examinees who have been put through the ringer the first time? I think my second examiner knew I had been pushed far enough during the first exam as I was still pretty peeved about it ( still am) and discussed it at length with him. Who knows?  Prepare yourself for your letter so that you're not disappointed. You can expect it anyday. If by some miracle that you do pass, be sure to post. We've only run across one person who passed following a failure and that person was already a federal agent.  Good luck to you.

IP Logged

2nd shot

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X