Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Asked to take a poly in arson case (Read 5077 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: Asked to take a poly in arson case
Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 5:02pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Sergeant

What would you do about the appearent leak in the Firemarshall's office. Wouldn.t you want to find out how the wife's boss found out? Wouldn't you want to find out why the boss told her he would make their lives a living hell and firing her? Why isn't the computer evidense being acted on? State officials have it. Is there involvement or fear or maybe both here? To me there are more fingers pointing away from scaredandinnocent than toward him. This smells to high heaven. Just my opinion, of coarse.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box scaredandinnocent
New User

Reply #16 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 6:05pm
More information we found out last night...4 people that he had dealings with in the past with the organized crime have been convicted in the past of arson. 

I spoke to an attorney yesterday and he advised that I hire a lawyer now during prefile to counter anything they try to come at me with and to avoid the possibility of them even coming after me. As I said, they dont even have the lab results back yet to determine what, if any, accelerant was used to start the fire. Our mortgage company has sent us, the fire marshal's office and the insurance company documentation to support our claims of trying to buy the house.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box scaredandinnocent
New User

Reply #17 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 6:11pm
Also, here is the email that we received from her boss on the reason my wife was fired. I can't believe she was stupid enough to put it into writing:

"I'd be glad to document it for you.  We were informed that you turned our hard drives over claiming there was criminal content. I was given  additional info that I will not disclose but it is clear that XXXXXX does not trust me. Without mutual trust,  there is no basis for a productive relationship. I feel very betrayed after everything we tried to do for you both and there is too many questionable issues surrounding you both which brings distractions and drama that we don't need in the office. I hope I can get to the bottom of the items of concern on our hard driives because I have nothing to hide and want to clear up any misunderstood information."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #18 - Mar 11th, 2006 at 1:02am
Twoblock wrote on Mar 10th, 2006 at 5:02pm:
Sergeant

What would you do about the appearent leak in the Firemarshall's office. Wouldn.t you want to find out how the wife's boss found out? Wouldn't you want to find out why the boss told her he would make their lives a living hell and firing her? Why isn't the computer evidense being acted on? State officials have it. Is there involvement or fear or maybe both here? To me there are more fingers pointing away from scaredandinnocent than toward him. This smells to high heaven. Just my opinion, of coarse.

I'm sure there is a lot to investigate on this case.  In most cases there is more than a single person doing a single thing which could be considered illegal.  Part of the problem police routinely encounter is when invesigating one thing that happened you encounter people who lie because they want to conceal information about a totally separate thing that happened.

A common example would be investigating John Doe because he works at an office that had a burglary last night which looks to be an inside job.  When you talk to him he feeds you a line of fiction about where he was the previous night, which sets off your BS-detector.  After following up for a while you find out he’s sleeping with the lady who runs the day care center his two kids attend and he doesn’t want his wife to know, so he lied about his whereabouts even though he is not even remotely connected to the burglary.

The written statement submitted by "scaredandinnocent" would set off alarm bells for any police investigator.  Does that mean he started the fire?  No.  Does it mean that the investigator is going to follow up hard until he figures out what happened?  Almost certainly.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous ętes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2006 at 4:58am
Sergeant

I am not disagreeing with the scenarios you have presented and we haven't been told if this is being investigated by LE. Only that the Fire Marshall has asked scaredandinnocent to take a polygraph. This tells me that the Fire Marshall has discounted the hard drive evidence that brought the whole thing on. Really his only responsibility is to gather what evidence he can, at the fire, and turn it over to investigators. Instead he's going after a respected citizen instead of a known hood. Scaredandinnocent turned evidence over to the FBI. What if, anything, are they doing with it. Of coarse that's not our right to know until trial. I stand by my questions.

scaredandinnocent

If I were you, I would stop posting information here or other public forums. You found this site and so can they. Forewarned is farearmed. You are giving them stuff that they can and will use against you. Get a lawyer from way out of town, that is not afraid of local officials, and go on the offensive. In this case a good offense is a good defense. In most cases it is. That's what I did in my grandson's case and it was dismissed.

IP Logged

Asked to take a poly in arson case

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X