Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rejection letter (Read 63313 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PentaFed
Ex Member

Re: Rejection letter
Reply #75 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Wallerstein wrote on Mar 28th, 2006 at 9:47pm:

What is my unconfirmed premise?  I have simply asked 

How does Onesismus' refusal to posit guesses concerning girls that he works with constitute "refusing to answer details about his personal life?"   

Simple really.  Please do answer.

Simple, really. I don't know that that was the case. Who says those would have been the questions that he didn't stick around long enough to hear???????????

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #76 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:14pm
To EOSJupiter
Antrella
Wallerstein

Please lay out your opinion on this case and your reasoning in reaching your opinion. Please do so without engaging in drama, hype, name-calling, diversion from the subject, indictment of ALL polygraphers, indictment of the government. Just simply lay out why you believe that the applcant is CORRECT and why you think the government is WRONG. You can leave out all the posters on this thread, they don't have anything to do with your arguments relative to stating your opinion. I've already, repeatedly, stated my opinion. And it is simple. 1) i don't support use of polygraphs here 2) I don;t believe the original poster to have a credible claim here because he didn't handle the situation the right way. The one sure way to bring closure to this debate is for each of the biggest antagonists to clearly state their opinion. By doing this, the reader is able to view, firsthand, what the opinion holder is all about. I have a feeling mmany of the people who post here will support each and every person who comes along here with a tale of woe, regardless of how they handled it or whetehr they are people of integrity or not.  One way I have of senseing this is in the sheer vigor with which they defend a man whom they know absolutely NOTHING about. This would tend to paint that type of person as someone more interested in driving their agenda, than they are interested in doing what's RIGHT. Nowhere have you seen me vigorously defend the government, the actions of earlier polygrapher, or dishonesty of polygraphers in general. I haven't even supported polygraphs. Yet, you all go above and beyond mrely being critical of polygraphy and bad polygraphers and will go to the ends of the earth to defend all the actions of someone you know nothing about. That speaks volumes.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #77 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:36pm
PentaFed,

You have stated (and have confirmed on several occasions) that you do not support the use of polygraph examinations (stated variously on different occasions).  I do not support the practice of polygraph screening either and will do what I can to see this practice stop.  I am curious as to whether you are actively seeking to have it stopped, and if so, what actions you are taking in this regard and what you recommend to (1) the false-positive victims of this practice who want to make sure others are not victimized and to (2) prospective innocent polygraph examinees who visit this site and are concerned that they will become the next false positive polygraph victims.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #78 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:41pm
Quote:
PentaFed,

You have stated (and have confirmed on several occasions) that you do not support the use of polygraph examinations (stated variously on different occasions).  I do not support the practice of polygraph screening either and will do what I can to see this practice stop.  I am curious as to whether you are actively seeking to have it stopped, and if so, what actions you are taking in this regard and what you recommend to (1) the false-positive victims of this practice who want to make sure others are not victimized and to (2) prospective innocent polygraph examinees who visit this site and are concerned that they will become the next false positive polygraph victims.

No, I'm not actively working to have it stopped. My plate is full with other activities. However, I do support legitimate people and efforts who are actively working to have it stopped.  Why do you ask?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #79 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:55pm
PentaFed,

You write:
Quote:

No, I'm not actively working to have it stopped. My plate is full with other activities. However, I do support legitimate people and efforts who are actively working to have it stopped.  Why do you ask?

You seek to address an audience about issues of concern to you stemming from an anecdotal case.  I suspect you will have a more receptive ear from such people (composed in part by the groups I inquired as to your advice to regarding issues of concern to them) if they recognize that your concerns about the polygraph process are not merely crocodile tears.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #80 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:04pm
Quote:
PentaFed,

You write:

You seek to address an audience about issues of concern to you stemming from an anecdotal case.  I suspect you will have a more receptive ear from such people (composed in part by the groups I inquired as to your advice to regarding issues of concern to them) if they recognize that your concerns about the polygraph process are not merely crocodile tears.

I came upon this website through a link that George posted on a Law Enforcement forum. (A website that appears to be quite open to participation from a variety of individuals and not the organized 'audience' that you seem to have envisioned) This thread was one of the first I read. I commented and then got caught in debate. If you're asking me if railing against polygraphs is my "calling" from the God of my understanding, the answer is a resounding no. While I have been deeply involved in many civic/political efforts involving criminal justice issues, use of polygraphs is not one of them, nor will it probably be for me in the near future. I'm also vehemently opposed to the death penalty, but do not activley work to end it, at this point. However, I would definitley focus on that, before I would on polygraphs. With that said, I don't minimize, but actually applaud the legitimate efforts of legit people in this area. I'm sorry if I don't live up to your or anybody else's standards of what a true polygraph ooponent is supposed to be. But I really don't see how that matters here.  One good aspect of this debate is that is has actually caused my promotion in "rank" from a one-star to a two-star user    Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wallerstein
Senior User

Reply #81 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:10pm
Quote:
To EOSJupiter
Antrella
Wallerstein

Please lay out your opinion on this case and your reasoning in reaching your opinion. Please do so without engaging in drama, hype, name-calling, diversion from the subject, indictment of ALL polygraphers, indictment of the government. Just simply lay out why you believe that the applcant is CORRECT and why you think the government is WRONG. You can leave out all the posters on this thread, they don't have anything to do with your arguments relative to stating your opinion. I've already, repeatedly, stated my opinion. And it is simple. 1) i don't support use of polygraphs here 2) I don;t believe the original poster to have a credible claim here because he didn't handle the situation the right way. The one sure way to bring closure to this debate is for each of the biggest antagonists to clearly state their opinion. By doing this, the reader is able to view, firsthand, what the opinion holder is all about. I have a feeling mmany of the people who post here will support each and every person who comes along here with a tale of woe, regardless of how they handled it or whetehr they are people of integrity or not.  One way I have of senseing this is in the sheer vigor with which they defend a man whom they know absolutely NOTHING about. This would tend to paint that type of person as someone more interested in driving their agenda, than they are interested in doing what's RIGHT. Nowhere have you seen me vigorously defend the government, the actions of earlier polygrapher, or dishonesty of polygraphers in general. I haven't even supported polygraphs. Yet, you all go above and beyond mrely being critical of polygraphy and bad polygraphers and will go to the ends of the earth to defend all the actions of someone you know nothing about. That speaks volumes.  

as far as my opinions on this matter go, I have challenged you repeatedly to explain to me the following:

How does Onesismus' refusal to posit guesses concerning girls that he works with constitute "refusing to answer details about his personal life?"

That is all I am concerned with.  Incidentally, I am still waiting for an answer.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #82 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:12pm
Wallerstein wrote on Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:10pm:

as far as my opinions on this matter go, I have challenged you repeatedly to explain to me the following:

That is all I am concerned with.  Incidentally, I am still waiting for an answer.

Of course that's all you're concerned with. You set up a straw-man argument to take attention away from the fact that you have nothing reasonable to offer to the debate. I've answered your question, you just refuse to accept it. That's on you, not on me.  I'm waiting for your answers....

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #83 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:22pm
Quote:

Of course that's all you're concerned with. You set up a straw-man argument to take attention away from the fact that you have nothing reasonable to offer to the debate. I've answered your question, you just refuse to accept it. That's on you, not on me.  I'm waiting for your answers....

Indulge/amuse me by repeating your answer please.  I seem to have forgotten it.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #84 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:24pm
Wallerstein wrote on Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:22pm:

Indulge/amuse me by repeating your answer please.  I seem to have forgotten it.

Read for yourself. Now, did you have anything substantive to offer the debate or did you create another strawman to entertain us with?

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #85 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:28pm
Quote:

Read for yourself. Now, did you have anything substantive to offer the debate or did you create another strawman to entertain us with?

Hilarious.  You win.  Now leave me alone.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #86 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:32pm
Wallerstein wrote on Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:28pm:

Hilarious.  You win.  Now leave me alone.

Oh ok. What's hilarious is that the only thing you can offer this discussion is your narrowly constrcuted strawman question that you've posed by someone who has no clue as to which questions were asked, and to someone with the same level of knowledge. Before you can pose a legitimate question, the basis for the question has to be legitimate. You have no idea what questions were to be asked of the man, because he left before he could answer them and they aren't written on any of the docs he's posted. 

I'll let you waddle off and wimper in the corner LOL. Bye now.

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #87 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:45pm
Quote:

Oh ok. What's hilarious is that the only thing you can offer this discussion is your narrowly constrcuted strawman question that you've posed by someone who has no clue as to which questions were asked, and to someone with the same level of knowledge. Before you can pose a legitimate question, the basis for the question has to be legitimate. You have no idea what questions were to be asked of the man, because he left before he could answer them and they aren't written on any of the docs he's posted. 

I'll let you waddle off and wimper in the corner LOL. Bye now.

So was the first version of the message the "abridged" version.  Thanks for the longer version.  You've constructed an even larger facade of bullshit in your refusal to answer a simple question:

Come on Strawman give it a shot!  I'm at the edge of my seat! Kiss

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #88 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:59pm
PentaFed,

Your last reply to me contained the following:
Quote:

...But I really don't see how that matters here....

Actually it doesn't—that is if you don't care about the size and composition of the audience you address.  You raise some valid considerations, but again, I am afraid they will fall on deaf ears lest you are perceived as truly empathetic toward the victim(s) that read your thoughts and are asked to heed your advice/admonition(s).  I believe an appropriate analogy from the medical field would be a physician who harps on the necessity of sanitation (quite valid, but quite inopportune) when presented with the complications and immediate needs of a knife-stab victim.  Regards...

p.s. Congrats on the promotion  Wink

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #89 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 12:31am
Wallerstein wrote on Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:45pm:

So was the first version of the message the "abridged" version.  Thanks for the longer version.  You've constructed an even larger facade of bullshit in your refusal to answer a simple question:

Come on Strawman give it a shot!  I'm at the edge of my seat! Kiss

I never made any claims that it did. As far as I can see, nobody here claimed it did. So what is the basis of that question? How many eggs does a female salamander lay and what is their relationship to the rotation of earth? When you have something substantive to say, I might respond to you. Until then you;ll be ignored because you dont seem to have any ability to debate.  ???

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Rejection letter

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X