Normal Topic I jammed my self up, help! (Read 2384 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box joco
New User

I jammed my self up, help!
Feb 26th, 2006 at 2:57am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
OK, here is what is happening. I applyed at agency #1 for a police officer position. Since they did not use the polygraph I told them I never smoked marijuana, which was a lie, I did take a puff a very long time ago and I was stupid not to admit it. A few weeks after that a much better agency called me for processing, and unfortunatly they do use the polygraph. Now I found out that backround investigators work with each other and share their findings. So if I tell agency #2 I smoked marijuana and agency #1 finds out it could blow my chances for both departments. If I stick to my guns and fail the poly I still have agency #1 to fall back on. I am really not proud of this, the only reason I lied in the first place was because several officers I know in agency #1 told me I was crazy if I were going to admit somthing that they would never find out about. Thanks in advance

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: I jammed my self up, help!
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 4:33am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Joco,

it seems you have gotten yourself in a fix.  Personally I think that the best route is always the honest one.  I think you would be better off going with agency #2 and being honest and up front about everything.  I think it shows badly on agency #1 that its own officers told you to lie about something as miniscule as one use of Marijuana.

When I first began my trek into LE I received similarly bad information, but mine was more along the lines of admitting to some " youthful experimentation" with drugs, because it looks very suspect to deny having used drugs.  Unfortunately, I followed their advice.  I  didn't get hired for the department and later found out it was because they had disqualified me for drug use within the last 5 years.  Yes, I had managed to disqualify myself for a job I really wanted by following the advice of other cops on that department and stating I experimented with a controlled substance that I had not used.  Had I been honest from the beginning then I would have more than likely been hired.  

We live and learn, and thereafter I had to explain to other departments that I had originally LIED to the first department about my drug use and that in fact I had not used drugs.  (I can imagine how this made me look) Well, I have a great job now and have not looked back until today (briefly to hopefully help you).  While it eventually worked out for the best, I highly suggest you start your career HONEST and don't follow anymore advice.  The honest route is the best one.  This isn't advice, but a fact when applying for LE jobs.

Good luck!

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

I jammed my self up, help!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X