Normal Topic PROSECUTE? (Read 2281 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Zorina33
New User

PROSECUTE?
Feb 24th, 2006 at 7:55pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Approximately 8 months ago I submitted to a CIA polygraph examination for the DO. During the post-test interview, the examiner accused me of lying about the crime question.  She emphasized "serious" crime to mean something really serious, eg rape, murder, etc. and then proceeded to grill me about anything I'd ever stolen in my life, no matter how small.  I admitted to having taken some small items (greeting cards) totaling approx. $20-$40 from my high school retail job under pressure from friends/coworkers. Since then, I have been worried that CIA could possibly report my admission to local police and that I could be prosecuted. 
1. I would have been a minor at time of crime; am 23 now. This would have been 5-7 years ago. 
2. Former employer never brought anything to my attention, we parted on good terms. 
3. During exam, I admitted to the theft, but no details, eg exactly what was taken, or any dates/times (couldn't remember anyway). 

Could I actually be prosecuted for this? How? Would CIA report me to my [former] local PD? 

The whole polygraph experience was so unpleasant, I withdrew my application.  My personnel officer seemed genuinely sorry and asked me several times if she could do anything to change my mind.  They sent me a letter telling me I could call them back and they would reconsider my application at any time.

Now, I work for another agency and hold a Secret clearance.  Anything to worry about?
Thanks for replies.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: PROSECUTE?
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 10:09pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Zorina33

I don't know the state in which you live but, I would bet the Statute of Limitations has run out. I doubt if a PD would get excited about a 20 to 40 buck theft anyway.

IP Logged

PROSECUTE?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X