Normal Topic I am fearfull (Read 2150 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Pheonix97330
New User

I am fearfull
Feb 22nd, 2006 at 9:13am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello everyone. 

I am very afraid right now. I need advice, and the only way to get advice that helps me will be for me to be honest.  So know that every thing i say in this post if the truth, as i have no reason to lie or hide the truth.

I am currently 18. A few years ago, i was convicted of a sex offense,  and placed on treatment and probation, for taking pictures of my girlfriend, and emailing them to a friend. This is considerd Encouraging Child Sex Abuse. As part of this, i have to take polygraphs. I have taken a total of 2 now, one of which is called a discovery/ maintanence polygraph. The second was a maintance polygraph, designed to make sure that i am following the rules of treatment and probation. 

I passed the first polygraph, and failed the second one.  The second one i should have passed, but i diddnt. I failed every question on the second test, including some that were very dangerous questions for a sex offender to fail. 

I had read this site, and practiced everything that it said to do. When the test came around, it diddnt fit any of the forms that i had read about, so i just tried to be normal about the test, and failed it. 

My treatment provider, and probation officer did nothing about the test. I dont know why, but i think it was becuase 2 of the questions on the test neqated any other question on the test. They were "Are you hiding anything from your probation officer and treatment provider?" and " are you  Lieing about anything to your treatment provider or probation officer?"  I passed those 2, but my polygrapher convientantly left that out of his report!''

Anyways, i have one final polygraph coming up. This one is the most important one. I am now in college, and the polygraph is what stands between me and completing treatment. If i were to pass this one, i would be allowed to continue to attend college, and get done with treatment, and then off probation! If i fail, my probation officer here in my college town will likely reject my supervision, and i would be forced to return home, and be unable to complete college, among  facing an intense investigation for failing a polygraph.

So i dont know what to do. This polygraph is coming up soon, and i have to pass it! I have nothing to hide, so i should hypothetically pass the test, but i had nothing to hid on the other one either. This is incredibly unfair, as my entire future depends on this stupid machine!!!

anyways, please let me know your thoughts.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Re: I am fearfull
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2006 at 4:35pm
you are expected to "fail" some parts of the test. what questions dod you "fail" that worry you so?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box TheNewGuy
New User

Re: I am fearfull
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 3:46am
Although i have never taken a polygraph examination. From reading TLBTLD those 2 questions were Control Questions. That means your test was a CQT. If those were the only 2 Control Questions asked then if you reacted to them correctly you should have passed the test. 

TheNewGuy

IP Logged

I am fearfull

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X