Normal Topic Was told not to bother... (Read 1456 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ellusionz
New User

Was told not to bother...
Feb 21st, 2006 at 9:52pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I went to do my polygraph exam the other week so I could volunteer with the Orlando Police Department.  I want to get all the experience and contacts I can because I hope to become a police officer (I'm in my last year of school for criminal justice).  Now there was a study I heard of saying people in college are more honest with employers about past things, and in my case thats true, and  I wanted to be completely honest about my past drug use, which stopped about  3 years ago.  And I figured I'd be fine since the disqualifier was to not have used it in the past 2 years.  WELL... He went through all the questioning in the beginning to find out anything I might have forgotten or have questions on... so I figured I'd mention anything I thought might be relevant.  I then found out I was considered in possession of weed last year because I cleaned my friends house and moved his weed.  I was told to sign off on the paperwork and not to bother taking the exam because I would fail.  I was crushed, and now I'm afraid to even apply for an internship (or job in the future) that will require me to take a polygraph in fear that I will fail and not be allowed into a department I want.  Or even worse it follow me to any other jobs I try.  My professor at school said the polygraph exam is only as good as the examiner, and at the time I didn't really put much thought into that... but after reading this site I can definately see he has a point.

IP Logged

Was told not to bother...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X