Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Passed by telling the truth, somehow. (Read 8193 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box truthbtold
New User

Passed by telling the truth, somehow.
Feb 7th, 2006 at 3:25am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Well, I've taken a polygraph before for presentencing (I was 18 and had a 16 year old girlfriend).  The first one I told the truth and failed.  So I went into this one (a sex offender full disclosure) 3 days ago.  I was a bit shook up due to the last poly, so I'd been frequenting antipoly.org for the last few months.  Tension growing with each and everyday approaching the poly.  And finally, Friday, I passed that sucker and I've been so happy and chill ever since.  So I thought I'd share my experience....

Like I said, I've been frequenting here a lot.  I wanted to make sure when I tell the truth, I pass the test, as it should be!

I went in very nervous.  We went over all my history and the polygrapher developed a list of questions.  This was to be a I/R test, I realized after he read me the questions.  So I made sure my behavior was very confident!  On a side note, at one moment, I laughed in my head, when the polygrapher was explaining how the whole process was such a scientific one.

So the test began, and I just made sure I maintained a constant breathing pattern and when questions that troubled my mind came up, I pushed them out by thinking of peaceful thoughts (I repeated that I love my wife in my head several times while thinking about the way she looks at me and her smile).

Low and behold, after 2 rounds, the polygrapher says "well, that's all i need, it's pretty obvious"

Passed most questions with a .01% chance I was lying.  I told the truth on all the questions, except one kinda fuzzy almost-control-like question... "do you ever fantasize or look at teenage girls?".... I said no, although I've seen a few lookers possibly 17 years-old now and then, c'mon now (i'm 21).  Still passed with flying colors as should have!!!

Anyway, THANK YOU GEORGE AND EVERYBODY ELSE THAT ARE DOING _A_GOOD_THING_!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Johnn
Very Senior User

Re: Passed by telling the truth, somehow.
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 3:43am
truthbtold wrote on Feb 7th, 2006 at 3:25am:
Well, I've taken a polygraph before for presentencing (I was 18 and had a 16 year old girlfriend).  The first one I told the truth and failed.  So I went into this one (a sex offender full disclosure) 3 days ago.  I was a bit shook up due to the last poly, so I'd been frequenting antipoly.org for the last few months.  Tension growing with each and everyday approaching the poly.  And finally, Friday, I passed that sucker and I've been so happy and chill ever since.  So I thought I'd share my experience....

Like I said, I've been frequenting here a lot.  I wanted to make sure when I tell the truth, I pass the test, as it should be!

I went in very nervous.  We went over all my history and the polygrapher developed a list of questions.  This was to be a I/R test, I realized after he read me the questions.  So I made sure my behavior was very confident!  On a side note, at one moment, I laughed in my head, when the polygrapher was explaining how the whole process was such a scientific one.

So the test began, and I just made sure I maintained a constant breathing pattern and when questions that troubled my mind came up, I pushed them out by thinking of peaceful thoughts (I repeated that I love my wife in my head several times while thinking about the way she looks at me and her smile).

Low and behold, after 2 rounds, the polygrapher says "well, that's all i need, it's pretty obvious"

Passed most questions with a .01% chance I was lying.  I told the truth on all the questions, except one kinda fuzzy almost-control-like question... "do you ever fantasize or look at teenage girls?".... I said no, although I've seen a few lookers possibly 17 years-old now and then, c'mon now (i'm 21).  Still passed with flying colors as should have!!!

Anyway, THANK YOU GEORGE AND EVERYBODY ELSE THAT ARE DOING _A_GOOD_THING_!!!!

Why don't you try and pose as one of the convicted criminals who escaped from Yemen recently?   

Seriously, if you polygraphers don't have work to do, you should consider helping out where the need is great.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 5:38am
Yet another version of the polygrapher examiner's favorite advice:   

"Just relax and tell the truth and everything will be fine."

Apparently none of the anectdotal evidence on this site has yet had any effect on the polygraphers who come here with made-up stories like this.  They still must believe that every single person on this board who claims to have told the truth and failed must be lying.

Or they fall back on the old "you must have had a bad examiner" excuse.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous ętes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 6:25am
lol.... you guys got me all wrong.  I used behavioral CM's explained on pg 151 of the lie behind and a mental cm on the initial question where there will be stress anyway (it was an expected true question).

I controlled my breathing as well.  And I tried phasing out stressful questions by putting my mind elsewhere.

I am just telling you my experience ok?  If you are that closed minded to it, then you need to wake up a little bit.   

There isn't too much info about I/R tests and how to pass them besides stressing you behaviors.  Your irrelevant reactions are being compared to relevent reactions.... c'mon how fair is that???

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 6:34am
And you got to remember, this site ISN'T promoting people to lie.  you don't have to lie to pass the test, but on the other hand you don't need to reveal the unnecessary.   

here's an idea, tell the truth, and use countermeasures so you don't get unjustly accused of lying. 

Because face it, if you're lying, then what do you have to hide?

If you're a child molester, it's one thing to go in and tell the truth about innocense and get crappity smacked by the polys art, than it is to go in and lie about diddling children and passing.

The object of this site is to get around the BS of the poly, not get around criminal activity that has actually been committed and not being taken into accountability!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 6:59pm
truthbtold

Truth #1.  LE is not going to waste their time investigating 18 yr. old guys dating 16 yr. old girls. Their is just not enough difference in age. If the girl is 13 or 14, hell yes. Go get'em.

Truth #2. If they arrested every 18 yr. in this circumstance, enough jails couldn't be built in 10 years to hold them.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 9:03pm
well, it could be that the 16 yr olds daddy wasnt happy and pressed charges. kinda bogus but the law is the law. I dont know anyting about this case, just an idea...

besides, its not like people who are telling the truth never pass the polygraph. its just that most of the people on this board i would guess told the truth and failed and are upset.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 9:36pm
Bill

I agree.

I'll bet the whole story hasn't been told here. The post IS suspect.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 10:17pm
Of course this post is made up.  He keeps saying, "Like I said, I've frequent here a lot" or whatever.   

He wants to emphasize this website for some reason.  No need to say, "like I said" when we can go back and read the post as many times as we'd like to.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 3:01am
Truthbtold's post is almost as good as the story told by "caught in the system" under the Dallas Sex Offender thread. Notice how "anti-anti" conveniently registers and makes his first post within the same half-hour as a post by  "caught in the system." Most likely the same polygraph examiner with a hidden agenda.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 8:08am
jesus h man, i'm just trying to share my experience and you guys are hella paranoid.

i do not know the special secret squirrell speak i need use to communicate with you guys but take my post as it is.

bottom line: i believe in the good of this site and the REAL TRUTH (the lie) behind the poly.  CM's need to be implemented in any case, because the poly is unreliable.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Onesimus
Very Senior User

Reply #11 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 6:31pm
Why are you guys so convinced he is a phony?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #12 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 7:32pm
Note that truthbtold's original post by no means casts polygraphy in a favorable light. In fact, the opposite is true. I see no reason to suppose that truthbtold is an impostor, and I urge all to be very careful before making such accusations.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 8:10pm
On a second look at truthbtold's posts, nothing jumps out at me that screams polygraph examiner. However, I still find posts by "caught in the system" and "anti-anti" very suspect. George is right. We all should be very careful before accusing someone of being a polygraph examiner. Imagine the insult. I can't think of a worse name to be called.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #14 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 11:51pm
Okay, I've deleted my sarcastic post.

IP Logged

Passed by telling the truth, somehow.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X