Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Cry me a river (Read 10257 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Re: Cry me a river
Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 7:45am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
I happen to be the Personnel Security Manager for a large defense contractor and I have not had one person ask to file a complaint.

Herdsman14,

I gave your post some scrutiny, my analysis and estimates on why you are here, are as follows:

1. Why would a Personnel Security Manager take time to be on this site?

Answer: This website is causing real havoc with both recruiting new folks and existing employees. I would be willing to bet that your current scientists and engineers know this website exists and are either quitting or finding ways around your polygraphing. Trying to conn technical people is a recipe for failure, as most of us can smell BS. I am sure you get some who don't but those folks are either young or naive. New hires do research on your company and find out they have to be polygraphed and say "No thanks". Or they admit to having researched polygraphy and they are failed by the polygrapher and your jobs go unfilled. 

2. Why would a security manager even bother with this website if the information was worthless.

Answer: Your getting heat from both your seniors and the government on why you can't get personnel. And why your seriously deficient on your polygraph exams in your security files of cleared people. Your customers are threating to pull contracts if you don't do something. Don't feel bad, not much you can do to stop the truth. Most scientists and engineers I know that work govt. contracting are quite informed on how to use countermeasures and this website.

3. Why would a security manager try and downgrade this website and also why are there no complaints on the polygraphers

Answer:  Because its the only way you have to respond right now. There are way too many of us who don't believe versus those who push the BS that the polygraph works. I am sure that if anyone complained, they would be fired or at least suffer some type of retribution. Sorry corporations are not people friendly. 

But do come back again ... I find analysis of your posts most stimulating.

Regards .....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alterego1
Senior User

Reply #16 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 5:25am
Quote:
You're statement,"But I also know from multiple sources that applicants to the CIA, NSA, FBI, U.S. Secret Service, DEA, and other agencies that require pre-employment polygraph screening may be denied employment based on polygraph results alone, even in the absence of any disqualifying admissions" is false.  I don't need to rely on sources. I worked there and know how it works. You obviously do not. 
You're next statement, "As a recruiter, she needn't have been a security officer to have gained an understanding of CIA hiring practices, including applicant vetting, and the extent to which polygraph results are relied upon," is as asinine as the first. The polygraph has nothing to do with the hiring process. It has to do with the clearance process. It's a security procedure. 
You're whole argument against the polygraph and your whole website for that matter is based on hearsay and nothing more. Furthermore, you have about as much expertise in the polygraph as I have in building moon rockets.

There are companies out there that hire Staff Security Officers who have no concept of the usage of your/you're?   

Good to see people's lives are at the mercy of such competent individuals.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box cesium_133
Senior User

Mendacium est dicere "Animum
tuum lego!"

Reply #17 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 8:22pm
I might guess that herdman is a polygrapher or is somehow connected yet today with the box.

No matter what the connection between the ploygraph, er, polygraph and employment opportunities in government is, it's off base.  What this site demonstrates, and very well, is that the box simply doesn't do what is advertised.

Herdman actually concedes this in his opening post: that the poly is not a lie detector.  That it measures only physiological responses and biofeedback, and does so without regard as to why said biofeedback occurs.  That it cannot tell why such BFB occurs, anyhow.  Thank you, QED.

That leaves me puzzled as to the veracity and sincerity of the pro-poly side: cui bono?  That is, why is herdman defending something that he admits is falsely labeled and understood, while we expose it for what it is?  We, the concerned public, have more reason to be concerned about misuse of this device than does someone incestuously connected with the poly and who apparently has profited from its use.

Herdman thus is left with arguing for the indirect, value-based, imprecise, and defeatable "benefit" of the magic box: the post-test interrogation.  This 3rd degree is, of course, based on speculation and blind guesswork assessment on the part of Polyman.  He must speculate what the lines mean; speculate what kind of lie, if any, is being told; and then come up with something to try to force a confession of something, old Soviet-style.  All the while relying on nothing more than BFB that could, and often does, come from fear, upset, revulsion at a question, or even negative stimulus by the polyman's tone of voice.

What kind of a sick joke is this?

Enough people have come forward in this one thread alone with their experiences of disqualification from jobs based only on poly results to make me believe that those scores make all the difference.  I simply do not buy that a "DI" or "SR" response is just thrown away or mixed into the calculations (unless the government chooses to do so).  This is a tool, all right: a tool utilizing the same deception and misinformation and half-truths that it allegedly attempts to prevent.  Sounds kind of like the breaking wheel, if you ask me.

The end does not justify the means, people.  That is the apologists' excuse for totalitarianism.  Maybe we can re-open Lubyanka Prison and put the poly in there as the newest torture method...

Polygraphers escaped from among the evils of Pandora's box, which might have been an old analog polygraph... only God can tell whether you're lying or not, and He will judge you in His own time...
IP Logged

Cry me a river

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X