Normal Topic Military mistake...please help?? (Read 1920 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box JD
Ex Member

Military mistake...please help??
Jan 27th, 2006 at 4:53am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello, 
I am considering applying with a Police Dept.  My concern is that I made a very stupid mistake while in the military and used cocaine on one occasion and happened to get caught.  I was demoted and quickly promoted back to my previous rank.  The details of my demotion are sealed in my military record (not sure if they would have access to them). This occurred about 17 years ago.

Is this something I have to include in the applications? I will not lie about it but would not volunteer this info if not necessary.   
What are my chances of getting through this single mistake?    
Should I speak with a recruiter?   

Thank you very much!!!

Edited to remove personal detail at poster's request -- AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2007 at 6:59am by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: Military mistake...please help??
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 3:45pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
If you don’t include it you will always be wondering if it will become known and, if so, what will happen to you.

Some agencies will disqualify an applicant for a single use of cocaine, some will not.  If your only usage was 17 years ago I can’t imagine it would be a problem for the majority of agencies.

It looks much worse for an applicant to have information like this dragged out of them when they are far along in the application process than it does for the admission to be made up front.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Military mistake...please help??

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X