Normal Topic TS/SCI Clearance Question? (Read 26477 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rbjones6
New User

TS/SCI Clearance Question?
Jan 26th, 2006 at 6:34pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Yesterday I was finally cleared by the NSA with a TS/SCI.  The thing is, the NSA is offering me a lower salary to become an NSA Staff worker, than what I am making now at a corporation.  My question is, since NSA paid for my clearance, will I be able to have another company buy my clearance, and refuse NSA's offer and become a contractor and make A LOT more money with my TS/SCI clearance?  Or will NSA expect me to work for them as NSA Staff since my clearance paid for by the NSA?  Will the NSA try to terminate my TS clearance if I try to leave before I start working there, and try to work at a defense company as a contractor in order to make the big bucks?  Am I expected to work at NSA?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NoName01
New User

Re: TS/SCI Clearance Question?
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 7:12pm
Negative, you will not lose your clearance by quitting the Gov side of NSA and transferring to the Contractor side.  May take some time to get some issues worked out, but your clearance is kept on file and can be used by any entity, be it gov or civilian, until such a time as it expires.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 8:16pm
Dear RBJONES6,

Please read your interim letter of appointment carefully.  Most letters are crafted that your security clearance is not final until your first day on the job.  Agencies do this because it is at least two weeks from getting an appointment letter to employment.  If they granted you a clearance before employment begins, you could feasibly break a law or do something that would affect your clearance (get a lot of bad publicity by driving drunk, possibly killing someone,  domestic fight which gets newspaper press or something similar).

NSA could become very irrate that you failed to report for duty as scheduled.  They would claim that you did not meet reporting requirements and such requirments were a condition of you receiving your clearance.  They would not even have to "rescind" such clearance since they will state that it was never issued.

NoName is correct that after you are issued a clearance, it is normally accepted until the time of its expiration or next review.  Always remember that clearances are on a need to know (or have) and are automatically pulled until a government agency or law requires them to be reinstalled.  If your investigative information on file meets all requirements, it is much easier to be reinstalled.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kockstar
New User

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:49pm
haha do that to them and see what happens!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NSAreject
Senior User

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 6:59pm
NSA security are assholes - if you quit right away, more than likely, they will hold up the transfer of your clearance, under the guise of some issue.  Accept an offer from a contractor, and wait until your clearance is transferred, before you quit the Government.  NSA will get you, when you change companies, or go between Government and contractors.  They got me leaving the Government and going to a contractor.  Still, this is no guarantee - the atmosphere at NSA has become extremely hostile, as they are under-the-gun to find targets and continue their illegal activities against US citizens.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Prospector
New User

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 2:53pm
rbjones6: can you give us an update on what happened? Were you able to keep the clearance? Or did you have to start working?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mike miller

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2011 at 6:26pm
my spo5use who i just married this past december has a felony from 2005..will that affect me from going from a ts  to sci

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kegra86
New User

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 11:25am
NSA reject is full of crap, don't listen to that non sense.

IP Logged

TS/SCI Clearance Question?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X