Normal Topic Thank A Soldier Week (Read 4952 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bren
New User

Thank A Soldier Week
Dec 7th, 2005 at 2:16am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
                                         Did anyone else see this on CNN????  It's a special week .. i think it's the week of x-mas or before it when we are suppossed to go out and thank soliders.  Whether you agree with the politics of war or not .. i like this idea.

http://www.thankasoldierweek.com

Thanking you

Bren Smiley                  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LessMoore
Ex Member

Re: Thank A Soldier Week
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 11:58am
Support our armed services personnel.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2005 at 3:04am by »  

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 5:23am
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:20am by »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 7:56am
Quote:
Just another test.
ping syn fin hop hop hop bop dop dod.

whois 214.32.90.94 (214.*)
OrgName:    DoD Network Information Center

You actually edited the above comment??

Smiley

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 10:38am
Theory retracted. Feel free to close the account.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:28am by »  

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 4:21pm
Quote:
Skeptic-

"You actually edited the above comment??" said the script.

I was testing an evolving theory. Didn't expect any reply - even from a script.

My last several posts were made (using no proxy) from a dialup AOL account.
Before, during, and after my last several posts I inspected my firewall log for activity.
If I stay online after posting, rather than immediately disconnecting, my computer receives at least 3 probes from DoD (214.*.*.*), some organization called TheHideout, one from China, and usually at least one more.

Very interesting.  I have to say that this is something I've never noticed, and I also run firewall logs.  Such activity, if related, would have to be due to 1) someone at the web site itself or 2) someone monitoring traffic to and from the web site's server.

Personally, I rather doubt that the probes are related in the first place.  If the DoD wanted to trace someone, doing it from an openly DoD-related site wouldn't be terribly sneaky, and I'd think they'd need to go through law enforcement which would need a warrant, regardless.  Nontheless, these are paranoid times with lots of stuff going on that probably shouldn't be going on, so who knows?

I can tell you that I've met Mr. Maschke in person as well as Drew Richardson, and unless they're some of the best actors I've ever come across, they're legit.

Quote:
What if the polygraph machine is, in fact, no longer used except on the gullible?

Well, that would include anyone applying to the NSA, as I have personal experience in the matter Smiley

However, I think you're quite correct that certain individuals and agencies would be extremely interested in discovering the identities of some people who post here.

If I'm not careful, you're going to make me paranoid.

Oh, and I'm not a script.  There's justifiable paranoia, and then there's thinking that a script could be written to interact with you on this level.  I'm a real person, and have been posting here for quite some time.

If nothing else, I would hope that the humor in my original reply to you would convince you of that.  I thought your post was a test involving posting nonsense, so found it funny that you edited it. Smiley

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #6 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 4:35pm
By the way, in the 15 minutes I've been online since posting earlier, my firewall hasn't logged anything unusual in the way of dropped packets -- just the usual "messenger spam" stuff from APNIC-registered IP addresses.

What sort of probes are we talking about?  Maybe my firewall isn't set to notice it...

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 5:02pm
OK, I've now been on 45 minutes after my last post, and again, my firewall isn't showing anything unusual in the way of dropped packets or pings.  It usually goes nuts with scans, etc.

Either "they" already know who I am, or they're asleep at the switch, or they're using some traceroute/probe method that my router firewall isn't reporting.

Or what you noticed above isn't related at all, LessMoore.

IP Logged

Thank A Soldier Week

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X