Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) took the test (Read 55875 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Re: took the test
Reply #15 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 4:23am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
ODIN wrote on Dec 5th, 2005 at 3:28am:
No, some of this is what you assumed I belived. I was mearly pointing out what soem belive to be myth. You twisted my words and made assumptions.

You personally are no longer worth my effert, you showed your colors. Nothing I would ver say would mean nothing to you.

I am done, with you now. You are no better than the people you hate because of what they do for a living. Now I know what kind of man you are.

I'm not sure from the above whether you're speaking specifically to me or to others, but assuming the former:

I'm sorry that you found what I wrote so overwhelmingly offensive.  I would suggest, however, that if you intend to spend any time at all on the Internet, you grow a slightly thicker skin.  What I wrote to you was pretty darned tame Smiley  Especially since your prior post certainly did make it look like you believed all that I wrote about in my response.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #16 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 4:26am
ODIN wrote on Dec 5th, 2005 at 3:44am:
Allow me to point ot that the R&I and it's current Global scoring method is very unreliable and very difficult at best for the "not guilty" examinee to get through.

Yes, it is.  Unfortunately, it's also used by the NSA (and probably others).

However, it's also the case that the Control Question Test suffers from unacceptably high false positive rates, too.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 7:31am
ODIN wrote on Dec 5th, 2005 at 6:18am:
By the way I use a GQT with deguised controls for pre employment. This test is easy to Rank order score and gives me the ability to help the generally nervous person to get through the test.

In control question tests an informed examinee is able to discern the types of questions by the content of the questions being asked.  The more serious the subject matter, the more likely it is a relevant question.  Disguised or not a control question will rear its head waving a big white flag every time, just as a relevant waves a big red flag.  In a sense, each says, "Hello, it's me!"

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gelb disliker
Senior User

Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 5:49pm
ODIN wrote "I am a very good person and I am a better person to come on here, risking my job to talk to you guys. "

Jeez, ODIN, you sure are a humble guy aren't you?  DON"T RISK YOUR JOB!  Just stop talking to us!!   At this point we don't need delusional polygraph examiners, in fact, we don't need polygraph examiners at all.  We need to A B O L I S H this polygraphic nonsense.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mustbaliar
Senior User

Reply #19 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 6:16pm
Okay, Gelb.  Let's take it easy on the guy.  He is here trying to discuss polygraphy in a civil manner.  At least people with differing views can come to this site and post without the fear of being banned (like polygraphplace.com).  We need polygraphers on this site so we can ask them questions.

ODIN,

Can you be more specific about what makes you a better polygrapher than others?  You mention that you "spend more time" with examinees and "set controls properly" but those seem pretty vague and I'm not sure how that makes the test more accurate.  Why do you think your tests are more accurate?  What is your accuracy rate?

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #20 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 6:41pm
Quote:
ODIN wrote "I am a very good person and I am a better person to come on here, risking my job to talk to you guys. "

Jeez, ODIN, you sure are a humble guy aren't you?  DON"T RISK YOUR JOB!  Just stop talking to us!!   At this point we don't need delusional polygraph examiners, in fact, we don't need polygraph examiners at all.  We need to A B O L I S H this polygraphic nonsense.

gelb disliker,

ODIN's politely expressed viewpoints are most welcome on AntiPolygraph.org. Ad hominem attacks such as the above, which you have been posting with increasing frequency, are not. Please review and abide by AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #21 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 5:35am
Quote:
gelb disliker,

ODIN's politely expressed viewpoints are most welcome on AntiPolygraph.org. Ad hominem attacks such as the above, which you have been posting with increasing frequency, are not. Please review and abide by AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy.

Fair enough, and for my part, I apologize as well.  Evidently, I misconstrued Odin's earlier meaning.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mustbaliar
Senior User

Reply #22 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 6:02am
ODIN wrote on Dec 6th, 2005 at 5:45am:
You got it, you know it is no wonder why other examiners hide behind fake screen names. Guys like you!

Well I wanted us to learn frome each other clearly you don't.

You want to ban polygraph, bring it. I will now work to make sure this is the end of this web sight.

Thank you.

I now know my lifes work, to make polygraph "mainstream". People like you do nothing but make us belive you are a bunch of crackpots that think "the man" is comming to get them.

To the rest of you, you guys have alot of loose cannon around you. You need to do something about them.

Because of bad examiners, I pay dearly through what they have done in the past and do now. This pinhead is a ranting rectial cavity and you will be seen as one of him if you don't do something.

So much for a helpful debate of ideas. I hoped this was going to turn into something. All it has turned into is a bitch fest.

Latter.

I will keep learning from you. Just to be a thorn on your side. See you guys around.

Too bad you're leaving.  I was looking forward to a polygraph examiner's perspective on "bad examiners" versus "good" examiners, such as yourself.  Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LessMoore
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 6:44am
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2005 at 3:00am by »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #24 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 8:55am
Quote:
ODIN-

I simply cannot believe your posts.
You are welcome to exchange ideas here, but first...
1. learn to spell
2. learn to argue and debate - there ARE classes you can take
3. ask your mommy for some tissue
4. reattach your ba11s or grow a pair (apologies if you're female)

The above are constructive criticisms only meant to help you.
That list should keep you busy for awhile.

LessMoore,

Comments such as the above are not constructive criticism but rather constitute a personal attack that does nothing to further the debate. Please review AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy and keep it civil.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #25 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:08am
ODIN,

I did warn you to be prepared. It appears you have brought out the anger of those who have been burned by your bad examiner associates or the polygraph in general. I too would like to know the difference of GOOD VS BAD, examiners. And why you feel your better than than most  examiners. I want to know how you can correlate your work with that of NAS study, knowing full well that some premier scientific minds and researchers have completely invalidated the polygraph and anything the APA has to say to counter it.

THe other thing to keep in mind, is that every time someone is burned by a false positive or passes a polygraph interrogation using countermeasures, the noose tightens in doing away with polygraphs. Humans by nature dislike being messed with, and will either avoid or nullify a painful experience anyway possible. Especially if it means having there integrity or honor questioned by a pseudo-scientific practice. I know for a fact that at a certain east coast company, most of the scientists and engineers are very well versed in countermeasures and routinely beat the machine. Effectively making it a moot threat at best.

Regards

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Smokey
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:42am
Quote:
You want to ban polygraph, bring it. I will now work to make sure this is the end of this web sight.  I will keep learning from you. Just to be a thorn on your side. See you guys around.

Goodness ODIN.  Are you that upset over people dabating ploygraphy?  If ploygraphy is so great and acurate and if you know that, why are you getting so upset?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #27 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:50am
ODIN wrote on Dec 6th, 2005 at 5:45am:
You got it, you know it is no wonder why other examiners hide behind fake screen names. Guys like you!

Well I wanted us to learn frome each other clearly you don't.

You want to ban polygraph, bring it. I will now work to make sure this is the end of this web sight.

Thank you.

I now know my lifes work, to make polygraph "mainstream". People like you do nothing but make us belive you are a bunch of crackpots that think "the man" is comming to get them.

To the rest of you, you guys have alot of loose cannon around you. You need to do something about them.

Because of bad examiners, I pay dearly through what they have done in the past and do now. This pinhead is a ranting rectial cavity and you will be seen as one of him if you don't do something.

So much for a helpful debate of ideas. I hoped this was going to turn into something. All it has turned into is a bitch fest.

Latter.

I will keep learning from you. Just to be a thorn on your side. See you guys around.

Odin,

You have used quite a wide brush to paint those of us against the use of polygraph because of one person.  Now you may better understand our reasons for our antipolygraph sentiments.  It just doesn't seem fair does it?  It is obvious that your reasons for logging on and joining the conversation were not purely to learn our reasons for being against polygraphy but simply to gain some ammunition in your quest to promote polygraphy into the mainstream.  I have enjoyed the opportunities in which I have been able to engage in conversation with examiners and discuss our varying beliefs based on our experiences.  You seem too willing to bail out because of a minority of posters here.  Many of us have been burned as a result of polygraph testing so it is most certainly a hot-button topic.  That is a realization that should come to everyone simply based on the site's title.

Please, if you wish to continue in debate by all means do so.  Don't be so easily disuaded.  That is unless of course the colors you have shown are true.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LessMoore
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:58am
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2005 at 2:59am by »  

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 11:07am
Quote:
Administrator-

I'll concede that items 3 and 4 were out of line.

While reviewing this site's regulations the following sentence caught my attention.
"Guest posting has been disabled effective 10 August 2004."

1. Please explain how ODIN is able to post as a Guest.

Also please explain why this site runs in a loop.
To be more clear: The same posts repeat after several months...
Not similar posts... the same posts.
Some of the posts were recited to me about 18 months ago by several people of questionable integrity.
Naturally, when I found those same posts months later, I immediately snagged that data.

2. How do you explain the loop?

Note: Don't ask for any copies. My storage net is input only (from my point of view) and not on my local computer.

I already know your answer - denial.

To answer your first question, I can tell you that Odin is shown as a guest as he has closed his user account.  You will find the same with others such as Anal Sphincter.  While active he was shown as a user and subsequent rankings.  However, upon his decision to close his user account you will now see his status as a guest.

I cannot answer your second question, however I can tell you that in the time I have been visiting this board, which includes time before I registered I have not seen the activity you mention.

You were admonished by the Administrator for violating posting policy, no more.  Don't try to read into it, there is nothing further to read other than what is written.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
took the test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X