Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) took the test (Read 55877 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Re: took the test
Reply #105 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 6:22am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
ODIN wrote on Dec 12th, 2005 at 2:16am:
Your "facts" are very one sided as well, and very bias.

The most competent study done on this topic was done by the National Academy of Sciences.  Are you accusing them of biased, one-sided results?

Quote:
I have been far to busy responding to cowardly attacks and insults of children. I can back up these claims of personal attacks, even upon my apperance.

You haven't responded at all.  You have made claims that you haven't backed up or retracted.  Those are your claims; they've simply been quoted back to you.

Quote:
The Book is good so long as the readers have an insturment to perfect their new found knowladge.

I'll readily admit that having an instrument to practice on is helpful.  However, I took three polygraphs with the NSA, employed countermeasures, and neither failed nor was accused of using countermeasures.

Quote:
Your studies are just as one sided. You show me a study that says one thing, and I will show you a study that says another. I have found that studies mean nothing. ON BOTH SIDES.

A study isn't "one-sided" merely because its conclusions aren't what you like.

Studies by polygraphers clearly suffer from a potential conflict-of-interest confounds.

However, the National Academy of Sciences did the most comprehensive review of scientific studies on the polygraph.  If you have evidence their report was "one-sided" or "biased", please present it.

If not, it looks like we have yet another unevidenced claim.

Quote:
I never attacked one of you personally, but clearly skeptic didn't get hugged enough as a child, or maybe got hugged too much. Yes that was an attack.

I am very upset right now and am in more pain than any of you know.

I'm sorry to hear about it, and I had a very happy childhood, thanks for asking.

I'll readily admit that I'm fairly ruthless when it comes to debating polygraph examiners.  The reason is really simple: a lot of people go through lots of pain due to the polygraph and polygraphy practicioners.  These aren't harmless lies that we're talking about.  Claims that the polygraph works, that polygraphers can detect countermeasures (one of the few ways people can protect themselves against the polygraph's capriciousness) do real harm to people.

That, my friend, is why I insist you back up your claims, or retract them.  Because as long as I am posting on this site, such claims won't pass without challenge.

Quote:
I think every one of us need to grow up and learn how to "talk" to eachother rather than sling insults. I should have ignored the insults and stuck with the research I have access to, but that would have done no good because it would have been deemed one sided.

I truly am sorry that you find it insulting when you are called upon to back up your own words.  However, I think the average reasonable person can see that this isn't an unreasonable request.

Quote:
Now if no one minds, I need to take care of an important family matter that is in need of my undivided attention.

Best of luck dealing with whatever you need to take care of.  Personal tragedy strikes us all.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gelb disliker
Senior User

Re: took the test
Reply #106 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 10:17am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Odin,   

Was there actual name calling?  or did it just feel like it?  was it because of the frustrations of not being able to answer us in a logical or "trust me, I know what I'm talking about" fashion.   We have been trying for you to get evidence of some of the allegations that you have put out here.  But seems like you see it as superfluous, but facts are facts. 
In your posts, it seems as if you are going to take out your anger and frustrations on the person taking any polygraph that you'll administer.  I pity that person who even looks at you cross-eyed.   I don't know if there are codes of ethics that polygraphers adhere to, but seemingly you will play the judge, the jury and the executioner.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
took the test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X