Normal Topic Lost... (Read 2993 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box El_Gringo_Pao
New User

Me carga a la polygraph...Exa
miners live a lie!!!

Lost...
Nov 12th, 2005 at 3:47pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
   I just want to start off by stating that  Antipolygraph.org has been a big help to me in solving as to why I failed the polygraph I recieved...It all started while I was on vacation. My brother and I drove down to Altamonte Spr. FL from Atlanta GA  to visit our Great-grandparents and family in June. The whole month of June was great while my little brother was there, but then he had to leave with my parents at the end of June to spend the rest of his vacation in south FL and later to return to Atlanta. At the time I was not living with my parents and the insurance on my car was about to expire so I had to figure out what I was to do. I decided to join the military only be DQed at MEPS because I have only a GED and 1 marijuana charge on my record.   
   Before I had decided to join the military; I had been planning this trip to Santiago, Chile in order to study spanish with total immersion, and when I had been DQed I decided to just go ahead with my original idea. I booked the trip for the 15th of Agust, and afterwards, towards the end of July, my Great-grandmother(Libby) had claimed that someone had stolen money out of some "cider chess" that was in the hall way next to the room where I and 3 others(off and on) had been sleeping during my stay. So, Libby first asked her daughter, my "Nana", if she knew anything about some money that was in the cider chess.   
Nana denied it, and she then asked me about it. I firmly denied it as well. To me it was sort of strange having my Great-granmother ask me if I had stolen money from her.
There was also Meri(Nana´s good friend) who had been staying over at the house on more than one occasion. Im not sure if Libby interrigated her on the matter. Judy, Jonnys wife was also over at the house along with family members visiting out-of-state for the 4th of July. And last but not least, Jonny(my uncle), who was the only other persons (besides Libby) to know about the cash laying around.   
   Moreover, Libby nor Nana told Jonny and Judy about the incident. They found out about it from Meri two days before my booked trip. But before they had heard of the news, Libby told me (while we were analysing & sharing ideas of who might have done it) " you know, I was thinking of having everyone take one of these lie detector test"...immediately I replied, " A polygraph test, thats a great idea" I, at the time I was very ignorate about polygraphs " you should get everyone together who has been in the house during the disappearance of the money, and tell them that they must submit to a polygraph...Ill be the first to take it" I continued.
    The next day, my uncle came over to the house and called me in to the back room where I had been sleeping. He then started by asking me if I had anything to do with the money being stolen and BLAH BLAH BLAH! "No!"
He then said, " Well, early tomorrow morning Im coming over to pick you up to have you submit to a polygraph test." and continued with, "Im going to have you take it first because you leave for South America in two days."
     I replied by saying, "Yea, I already told Libby that I would be the first to submit to the test." He confirmed what he said and then left the room, but my aunt Judy stayed behind to tell me that she KNEW I stole the money and I would FAIL the test. That was shocking to me. I then started to explain that she had no evidence to back these statements up. Afterwards, I asked her how much money was missing. She told me 8-10K dollars. At that point I remembered a strange call to the house from Meri when she stated that 10k had been stolen out of her trailor park home( which I thought very strange. Who would be stupid enough to have 10K bucks laying around their trailor?). I brought it up right away to Judy and how I thought it was strange. She immediately snapped at me, " you think that Meri would still from Libby and Grandad?!" I replied, "I dont know...I dont even know Meri, but dont you find it strange that someone would have $10 dollars laying around their trailor, unprotected?" But whatever, she was determined that I had stolen Libbys money.
     The next day, I could not wait to get the test over with and fly out to Chile. But to my disappointment, I failed the test with a 98%.  After the test I was stunned. I kept saying that there had to be a "scientific explaination" as to why I had failed. Wow, I had just spent just about all of my money to go on this educational adventure to Chile and then this happened. Besides that, I was being accused of the most shameful crimes of crime, theft against the elderly. And its bullshit because I love this woman with all my heart. She helped raise me up just has much a my mother did.   
     Anyways, Jonny kept saying that he had the right to send me to jail for failing the polygraph, etc. No matter how much I pleaded my innocence he wouldnt listen to me.   
I felt so lost. I kept thinking( wow, this must be how all these innocent people end up going to jail or getting the chair). Nana, Libby, and I just kept praying about the whole mess. Libby and Nana werent sure what to think.
But now that Ive read this website, it has cleared a lot of questions for me. All that crying and heart ache for nothing. All over some unrealistic piece of machinery. Incredible! Libby kept pleading with Jonny not to send me to jail, and in the end Jonny repspected his mothers wishes, but under one condition. When I return from my trip in Chile, I am to submit to yet another polygraph, & and if I am to fail that test then I am to make restitution. I dont even know how much money was missing! When I asked Libby she said it was not 8-10K dollars missing, like Judy had stated, and that the amount was for her to know and nobody else. I shook Jonnys hand, confident that I would find out went wrong and get down to the bottom of the issue. Well, I did. And in doing so, I have had a change in mind. I do not wish to submit to another polygraph test.
Nor will I. I now have 20 days left in Chile, and have been here for over three months. When I return, I plan to confront my uncle on the issue once agian, and tell him where I stand on the test. Perhaps I will hand him the address to this website just for emphasis on the matter. And afterwards,I will go to Fort Pierce FL to live with my cousin.
    Will someone please be so kind as to give some advise on this issue before I return? Can I go to jail for something I didnt do? Does anyone have an opinion as to how I should confront the situation?   ???

J.W._El_Gringo@hotmail.com
AIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Lost...
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 5:15pm
I think your decision not to submit to a second polygraph "test" is a wise one. You may wish to share the information you've learned here not only with your uncle, but also with your great-grandmother and other relatives.

To answer your question, yes, people do end up going to jail for things they didn't do. It happens all too frequently. Fortunately, the results of your polygraph "test" would not be admissible as evidence in a criminal case.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box El_Gringo_Pao
New User

Me carga a la polygraph...Exa
miners live a lie!!!

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 9:09pm
   Oye, Im 18 years old and think that our youth need to be informed on the truth about polygraph testing. That being said, I will do all I can to make that happen around me.
    Also, what is the latest news on the Fed. case¿?
And what other measures are taking place now, legally, to eliminate the test¿?
                   Muchos Saludos, 
                                - Sunny Santiago 8)

J.W._El_Gringo@hotmail.com
AIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 9:14pm
See AntiPolygraph.org's Get Involved page for ideas on how you can help to spread the truth about lie detectors.

As for the federal polygraph lawsuit, the latest news I have is that both parties have filed motions for summary judgment. I don't believe the court has made a decision yet, and it may be some time before that happens. The plaintiffs' filing is available here:

http://antipolygraph.org/litigation/zaid/motion-for-summary-judgment.pdf

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Lost...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X