Normal Topic Extremely long waiting time... (Read 4911 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box longtimelistener
New User

Extremely long waiting time...
Nov 4th, 2005 at 2:52am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Question for anyone who is currently waiting for a security clearance:

Have you guys been waiting a long time for your clearance?

I received my COE 9 months ago; and passed my poly, completed my BI, and went into adjudication nearly 6 months ago, and still haven't heard back.

I was initially told the whole process would take 4-6 months, then around six months I was told the whole process would take 6-9 months.  Then I was told the adjudication phase would take between 4-6 months.  And now that I am passed the 9-month total time and 6-month time since I entered adjudication, I'm being told I could still wait 1-2 months!!!

Is anyone else having this experience?  Seems like whenever I approach a "deadline," the deadline, in a very vague way, gets extended...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box monsterinthecorner
New User

Re: Extremely long waiting time...
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 11:48pm
cleared in less than 4 mo's.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 11:58pm
Thanks for the info, monsterinthecorner.

Is that 4 months from the COE or 4 months since you went into adjudication?

I can't believe my file is taking so long...I'm a pretty boring person!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box monsterinthecorner
New User

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 12:08am
4 months from poly appt.  my BI was fast-tracked for some reason.  it took 2 about weeks.  not sure when adjudication was started.  i always assumed the process would take 6 months to 1 yr.  i've heard average wait time (gov't wide) is about 18 months.  i think these investigators just tell you what you want to hear.  do you have a nice program officer?  keep calling them for updates.  it sucks to be a pest, but it gives you some peace of mind to hear your case is still active.  right?  hope things go well for you.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 12:21am
wow, you're lucky.  I’m beginning to think my file fell behind a desk or something Wink

My BI seemed to have been fast tracked too--about 2 weeks.  I totally agree that the investigators just say what we want to hear to keep hope in us. 

Fortunately for me I have a very nice program officer, and I do make a point of calling her at least every 4 weeks.  I just feel a bit hopeless because being a squeaky wheel accomplishes nothing in this situation (in my opinion).

Oh well…here’s to waiting longer…

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BobaFuct
New User

Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 12:52am
My wait was one week from poly to BI, one week for the BI, then about 5 weeks for adjudication and approval.  As far as I can tell, everything is done by region, and my region (Mountain West) has the lowest number of applicants...

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 1:29am
hmmm...another interesting post.  I'm from Cali--not too sure where that ranks in terms of number of applicants.

But in any case, I find it interesting to hear about these two cases of relatively short waits.  Sure, 2 is hardly a large enough sample size to draw any conclusions, but it makes me wonder what is going on in my case.

Every time I call the agency, they assure me that my long wait is typical and that the agency is experiencing a backlog and long delays with all their applicants.  After these last couple posts, I guess that's not universally true...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 2:16am
Readers,

This has to be a new record.  In over twenty years of government service,  I am amazed. 

When something is too good to be true, well, you know the rest.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bailyt
New User

Reply #8 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 12:07pm
About 9mo since my COE here.  BI concluded about 6 weeks ago.  Program Officer cited about 3-5 mo more of waiting.  Someone I met during the polygraph is experiencing a similar wait time.  While I don't know if this is typical or not, I am certainly not holding my breath any longer even though it remains my first choice of employment. -b
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2005 at 8:11am by bailyt »  

IP Logged

Extremely long waiting time...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X