Normal Topic Postive Feed Back...But who knows??? (Read 4851 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1111makeawish
New User

Postive Feed Back...But who knows???
Oct 20th, 2005 at 1:34am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So I go into to take my first ever polygraph (Lifestyle) test.  My company is sponsoring Top Secret w/ NSA Lifestyle Poly.   I’m waiting in the lobby room and a cute lady calls my name and we go into the small testing room in the back.

We go over my SF-86 to verify my form and everything I put down. (Standard Procedure) We talk about everything I put down on the form and if there are any additional things I needed to add before the test starts.  The only thing I needed to add was a little road trip to Canada w/ my parents about 8 years ago.  She said that was no big deal.
She shows me the polygraph equipment and explains what tools monitors for.

She then goes over the three sets of questions.  (Counterintelligence (CI), Drugs/Crimes,(DC) General (G))

She hooks me up and gets a reading (Control question).  She gets that reading and the actual test begins.

Starts out with some CI questions mixed with some basic general questions.  Then she asks some D/C questions. Then she asks some CI questions w/ some D/C questions.  Stops the test.
2 minute break.   
Hooks me up again. And we do the same thing in a different order.
2 minute break.
Same thing but a different order.
She then leaves the room.
Comes back in 5-10mins
Hooks me back up and goes over CI questions
2 minute break
Hooks me back up goes over D/C questions
Break.  During the break she tells me my body is responding to the Drug Question… to the Exact Drug Question:  (Have you done any illegal drugs since the age 16 other than what we already spoke about)
I response w/ a simple OK. She responds w/ “ is there anything else you want to tell me about this, did you do any other drugs in Amsterdam, I know Mushrooms is a big deal in Amsteredam.” I Response w/ a simple No and about how I was scared to do anything else but pot in Amsterdam.   

She then leaves the room.

Comes back in 5 minutes.  Hooks me up again and goes over the Drug question w/ me again and some General Control Questions.
Take a 2 minute break
She then says “We’re not going to get through this you have to tell me….is there anything else that you want to tell me, we’re not gonna get through this. I simply respond w/ I have told you everything that I have done and everythingi stated on my SF86.  This is where it gets interesting…..

She then says this “Alright, this is what I’m going to do for you, I’m going break this drug question down into four small questions….
Did you grow pot?
Did you Sell/Distribute Pot?
Did you Bring back pot from Amsterdam?
Do you currently use Pot”

She then tests me w/ those specific questions and some general control questions.
Then she stops
She then says alright, we’re gonna doing that again.
She starts the test again and asks me those questions again w/ some general questions
Then stops
She then says… “That was your BEST Read all day, you seem a lot more focused.  We don’t need to deal with the Drug questions Anymore”   
Hooks me back up to ask some CI questions + general questions.

She leaves the room, Comes back and says I think I got everything I need for today, If I felt the need and/or suspicion to keep you here any longer you would definitely be here much longer”  She then debriefed me and the test was over.  The total time for the test was a little more than 2 hours.  I’ve heard nightmares where tests have gone as long as 4-5 hours and those failed the test and/or had to retake the test constantly

Any opinions on this experience? I’m not taking anything for granted, but I thought I just share this with you.  I shared my story with the rest of my co-worker and they said that sounds really good, but who knows?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Re: Postive Feed Back...But who knows???
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2005 at 3:40am
I believe you most likely passed.  Congratulations and good luck in your new career.

NoNombre

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 9:29pm
Aside from the polygraph exam itself.  Does the exam also determine eligibility considering your admissions on your SF-86???  For example, recent college grad (Less than a year ago) Tried pot during college and once in Amsterdam?  Noting this was done in the past four years.  Would this possibly disqualify me even though I passed the polygraph exam?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 9:29pm
Btw, this is for NSA.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 9:46pm
I concur with NoNombre's opinion that you most likely passed the polygraph. The absence of a post-test interrogation after "breakdown test" on drugs is a good indication of this.

Recent marijuana use can indeed be an impediment to being granted a security clearance, but if your stated use were considered to be automatically disqualifying, then it would have made little sense to bring you in for a polygraph examination (not that polygraph screening makes any sense).

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 4:27am
So 5 Weeks and One Day later....My Employer tells me that I passeed the Polygraph.  My employer was sorta reluctant to tell me this early because it needs to go to a review board now.  But he said everything is all good 99%. His exact words were "they received conclusive results that you passed your polygraph." I won't take anything for granted though.  But it looks like its looking good.  Grin  I'm assuming the review board is to make sure all the I's are dotted and all the T's are crossed.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 4:47am
Btw....Since I over Analyze things.  I was thinking, whether or not the review board is a standard procedure once polygraph results come back successful?? Or maybe in this case "This person passed the polygraph but we still want to review everything to see if we feel he is a good candidate?????"  I do remember everything goes to a review board to look at everything after the "Polygraph + Background INvestigation" are complete.  Maybe this is a special review board????? I dunno???

IP Logged

Postive Feed Back...But who knows???

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X