Normal Topic dwi... (Read 3484 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Seldon
New User

dwi...
Oct 11th, 2005 at 12:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hey Guys and Gals,

This is my first post, and I have a situation on which I'd like some input.

A few years ago I was with some of my friends and tried MJ. It was the first and only time I've ever used an illegal drug. After smoking it, we watched a movie for a couple of hours, and I drove home. Now, after doing some research and posting the question in another forum, I've learned that I did, technically, drive while intoxicated.

So, when I divulge this info during the pre-polygraph sit-down for the CIA, will it probably DQ me from the rest of the application pipeline? BTW, I have never driven under the influence of alcohol.

I realise that this was a really stupid thing to do and, if I could, would undo the whole thing in a second. But, how hard are they likely to come down on me for this?

Thanks for your time and have a good one,
-A.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: dwi...
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2005 at 8:17pm
Seldon wrote on Oct 11th, 2005 at 12:51am:
So, when I divulge this info during the pre-polygraph sit-down for the CIA, will it probably DQ me from the rest of the application pipeline? BTW, I have never driven under the influence of alcohol.

This alone would not disqualify you from employment with any federal agency that grants security clearances. In fact, the FBI actually assumes that people it would want to hire have driven while intoxicated and would lie to an FBI special agent when questioned about it. One of their standard probable-lie "control" questions used by the FBI in pre-employment polygraph screening is, "Did you ever drive while under the influence of alcohol?"

Moreover, although the CIA has no published hiring guidelines regarding past illegal drug use, it is generally understood to be more tolerant in this regard than the FBI.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2005 at 3:05pm
By the way, both President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard B. Cheney have been arrested for driving while intoxicated (the latter twice).
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2005 at 9:03am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ktn30
New User

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2005 at 8:32pm
Yes, and having a DWI is not a disqualifier for being president, unless those who vote you into office deem it so.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2005 at 8:45pm
Dick Cheney's two DWI convictions also did not prevent him from serving as Secretary of Defense under President George H.W. Bush, a position that requires a top secret clearance.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2005 at 8:52am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

dwi...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X