Normal Topic "False Positives" (Read 4656 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Eastwood
Senior User

"False Positives"
Oct 8th, 2005 at 11:08pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
It's truly amazing how many "truthful" people frequent this website.  And just as amazing how many of them show up as deceptive on their polygraph examinations.  Sounds like you've found your niche Maschke - a  haven for misfits.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nolehce
User

Re: "False Positives"
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2005 at 11:27pm
Eastwood:
Actually it seems it is the FBI that is the haven for misfits. I mean, just look at Robert Philip Hanssen. The guy was a total loser, who let his weirdo best friend spy on him and his wife having sex. The FBI clown who polygraphed me was a total dork: a cheesy, tacky suited, limp-wristed, pale-faced careerist. I tried picturing him in any private sector I have ever worked in. My conclusion is that he and the other polygraphers would be the true misfits, the ones eating lunch alone because others found them too goofy to associate with.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 1:07am
Eastwood wrote:
Quote:
It's truly amazing how many "truthful" people frequent this website.  And just as amazing how many of them show up as deceptive on their polygraph examinations.  Sounds like you've found your niche Maschke - a  haven for misfits.

This is a wonderful opportunity for me to exercise self-restraint.   Lips Sealed

Perhaps the paintbrush you have painted us with would be better used as a gag to keep you from making such outrageously ignorant statements.

A bit of information for you...I "failed" my first ever polygraph examination, however I "passed" my second examination.  The same question which I "failed" on the first exam appeared in the second exam which I "passed."  I did not attempt countermeasures for either test.  Would you care to enlighten me with an explanation?

The cricketts' chirp is deafening.      Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 5:12am
It’s also amazing that the so-called “truthful” people who frequent this web site have so much power and influence.

We have somehow been able to influence the National Academy of Sciences and the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment into agreeing with our assertion that pre-employment screening with the polygraph is a waste of time and detrimental to national security.  That’s amazing.

It seems to me that there are two possible answers.  The first possibility is that the polygraph as an instrument of lie detection or deception detection is unreliable and inaccurate.  The second possibility is that every single person on this web site and in the rest of the world who claims to have failed a polygraph while telling the truth is actually lying about it.   

Which one seems like the more reasonable choice?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 7:38am
Eastwood wrote on Oct 8th, 2005 at 11:08pm:

Eastwood,

Your indifference to (indeed, mirthmaking at) the plight of those who have been victimized by a procedure that scientists overwhelmingly agree is completely without validity epitomizes all that is wrong with the polygraph community and illustrates why America's security should not be entrusted to the same.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 8:09am
[quote author=Eastwood link=board=Policy;num=1128832819;start=0#0 date=10/08/05 at 16:08:07]It's truly amazing how many "truthful" people frequent this website.  And just as amazing how many of them show up as deceptive on their polygraph examinations.  Sounds like you've found your niche Maschke - a  haven for misfits.[/quote

Well Eastwood, 

Comments like yours, proves it truly must be tough to be a legend in you own mind. Knowning that this website and the truths it has distributed are putting you and your polygrapher friends closer to the unemployment lines. You can't argue or beat a truth or ideal .... THe word is spreading and it can't be stopped. Isn't it just great knowing that now every polygrapher like yourself never knows who is really beating you in the chair.   
Grin And I know who wins this chess game ... 4 for 4 and counting   ... feeling lucky punk !!! 

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 3:10am
the fact that you don't see the obvious correlation between people falsely accused and frequent posters on this site is only a testament to your stupidity, not our guilt.

Go ahead punk, Make my day.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box classact
New User

Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2005 at 8:40am
Hey Eastwood:

You sure are a stupid idiot.  You didn't hear what we are saying.  Polygraph is a thing of the past!  Your post shows for sure that you are not only stupid...you don't listen well either.  You probably don't even have one bullet left in your 44 magnum Eastwood.  That is how stupid you are.  Just go away.  We don't like people talking good about the polygraph around here because it's just a false science you idiot.

IP Logged

"False Positives"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X