Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) CIA application (Read 36695 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LongWait
New User

Re: CIA application
Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2005 at 10:22pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
missnina wrote on Dec 2nd, 2005 at 11:21pm:
No, the poly officer did not say that I didn't pass.  She went through the usual, "This is unresolved... what are you hiding?!"  routine for hours to the point that I almost cried.  When she did the debriefing at the end she said that I could possibly be called in for a third poly. Then she took off the cuff off and shot a perky smile and "So, how was it?"  like we just finished a dental check-up or something.  Creepy.

One of the HR ladies at my potential office said that they would try to resolve any issues they had through my BI, if that wasn't possible they might call for a third poly.  

Longtimelistener (and others?):  Did your poly officer tell you that you passed?

Missnina, We definitely had the same poly examiner.  She asked the same think after we were done. I groaned I think. (That was mistake I know, but I recovered and remained calm.)  I had my poly over 7 months ago. Did it twice and was told there were unresolved issues. She sasked if I would be willing to come back again. Sure I said.  That is last I have heard from them. My BI was also pretty much finished before my poly.  Neighbors, friends, employers, etc.

I have heard nothing. I have called to update my job employment status but that is it.   How do you know if you are in the adjudication phase? I guess I could call and ask...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bman

Reply #16 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 6:30pm
Ok, let me say that I am so upset.  I took my poly's in which my tester said that they were going to recommend me for clearance.  Went through the health and sych test with no problems.  Had my office visit at headquarters, where everyone said if you've had your poly your pretty much in.  Then last week, i received a rejection letter.  WTF!!!  I dont understand.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I am so upset.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box waiting_game
New User

Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 12:08am
hey bman.  i sent you an email.  please read it and let me know.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 12:09am

i read your post on the site about getting rejected for your clearance.  did they specifically say you are being denied a clearance or are unsuitable? did they do your background investigation after your polys ?  did you enter adjudication?  how long did you have to wait from your poly to your rejection letter?  any thing will be appreciated.  let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 1:21am
I was not denied clearance only said I was unsuitable which if your orginal interview went well, how could that be????

IP Logged

New User

Reply #20 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 1:27am
do you recall if they had started your background investigation ie calling your friends and neighbors?  did you ever make it into clearance adjudication?

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 2:11am
waiting game,

I'm not sure if they started a background check or not.  I was about 8 months into the process when I got the bad news.  What is the clearance adjudication you mentioned?  Feel like I should probably know this.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #22 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 2:18am
the background investigation is when they dispatch investigators and contact the people you put down on your SF 86.  this is true for any clearance of that level with any govt agency.  during the BI background investigation someone also meets with you to discuss your SF 86 in person.  this happens after the poly.  did your references ever tell you they were contacted?  did you ever do that?  adjudication is i guess the last stage decision time where someone decides yay or nay

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FreddyPeppers

Reply #23 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 4:11am
I was also rejected recently from the CIA.  I had my med, psych, and office visit at DD1 (not headquarters).  But I was rejected based on the polygraph, being falsely accused of using countermeasures.  No background check was performed.  If you don't pass the CIA polygraph, then they won't do the background check.  They won't even pull your credit report.  The polygraph is what makes and breaks all applicants.
Being denied suitability is different.  It was likely something on your psych exam (which is the famous MMPI-2 test) or from when you chatted with the shrink.  The shrink may think you are crazy or a risk.  Or maybe the way you acted during the polygraph.  Or maybe they will be sending you your medical report where you find out you have HIV or something (let's hope not), but who knows.  Being denied suitability is like a scapegoat when the Agency just doesn't want to hire you for whatever reason.  The CIA denies people all the time.  Sometimes you know why, other times you'll never know why.  They give multiple Conditional Offers of Employment out for one opening due to the attrition rate during the clearance process.  Who ever is lucky enough to pass the poly and get cleared gets the job.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John Boldon

Reply #24 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 3:39pm
i would like to apply for the CIA business and it would be a honor to be a speacial cia discover new stuff i know everything send me and EMAIL: Cool Shocked

IP Logged

CIA application

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X