Normal Topic You're Hurting Possibly Innocent People (Read 3119 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Eastwood
Senior User

You're Hurting Possibly Innocent People
Oct 2nd, 2005 at 1:16am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Some use CM's because they are so wound up listening to malcontents that they don't feel they can pass simply by cooperating and being truthful.  Others have minor things they're worried about, that the hiring agency couldn't care less about.  In either case, you guys are poisoning the minds of applicants who would otherwise do well simply by telling the truth.  Get a life dudes.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Re: You're Hurting Possibly Innocent People
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2005 at 4:25am
Eastwood, my friend, I would not have found this site much less researched polygraph testing if not for the mistreatment I received in an employment screening exam which ultimately led to a false positive which led to a rejection letter.  This is a position which I am more than minimally qualified that slipped away because of reliance on a test whose foundation is built upon sand.  Did that make me angry, hell yes it did.  You mention cooperating and being truthful which is great advice.  It didn't work for me in the aforementioned exam.  So much as you feel the information here is garbage by that standard your advice is garbage as well.  The polygraph unfortunately has cause the applicant pool to become very shallow in many areas.  People who are qualified in every way (experience, lifestyle, criminal history, etc.) are being turned away from employment for one reason - polygraph testing.  Maybe you would be a bit more comfortable at the polygraphplace board where your anti-antipolygraph pep-rally would be readily accepted.  Your "get a life dudes" attitude speaks volumes of your 2 dimensional character.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2005 at 5:35am
Eastwood, I failed 4 polys and didnt use CMs despite having been at this site before the last 3. They called me a drug dealer for god's sake. Don't come in here with your weak-@ss assumptions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kane
New User

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2005 at 6:40am
Eastwood, if you believe that I have some swampland in Kansas for sale, cheap.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2005 at 7:50am
Eastwood wrote on Oct 2nd, 2005 at 1:16am:
Some use CM's because they are so wound up listening to malcontents that they don't feel they can pass simply by cooperating and being truthful.  Others have minor things they're worried about, that the hiring agency couldn't care less about.  In either case, you guys are poisoning the minds of applicants who would otherwise do well simply by telling the truth.  Get a life dudes.

Eastwood,

As the experience of many has shown, "simply cooperating and being truthful" provides no assurance that one will pass a polygraph examination.

If you are truly concerned about hurting innocent people, then you should immediately cease and desist from the administration of polygraph examinations. Polygraphy is completely without scientific basis, and by continuing to practice this pseudoscientific procedure, it is an actuarial certainty that you are hurting innocent people.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Smokey
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2005 at 9:58am
Even the most innocent people get false positives.  Reject someone from employment because they are simply nervous and their vital signs show it, and that is supposed to be the basis for determining if someone is lying?  Polygraphy is a joke.

IP Logged

You're Hurting Possibly Innocent People

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X