Normal Topic Is this correct? (Read 3819 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box buzzlightyear
New User

Lifes a game, so how well
do you play it?

Is this correct?
Sep 9th, 2005 at 4:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Okay after days and days of study, I think I fully understand what to do now on a polygraph Cheesy: Please can anyone correct me if im wrong.
Okay there are relevent, Irrelevent,and Control questions. Relevent questions are the REAL questions they want aswered. If you say the wrong answer, you will most likely fail. You have to stay calm during this questions. Much less than the "control" questions. There is no need for CMs here.
Irrelevent questions are a joke. You just answer them and wait for the next question. I also believe there is no need for CMs here. I highly doubt you would need to do that for a questions like, "Are you sitting down?"," Are you taking a polygraph test?"
Okay and control questions. Here you need to answer all the questions in a way that would favor you, but you need to be using CM's in order to make your answers strong, more so than the relevent questions.

But am I right when I say to answer all the control questions like your a perfect angel? He wants you to lie right?He just wants to make sure your trying to think of something in the past that you might have done pertaning to the question...right? ???

Okay, well my brains fried now, but now Im sure I fully understand how it works, and I now have no problem of taking a polygraph tets now. Basically, Im not afraid anymnore. That machine more like a 10 year old telling me hes going to beat me up.......ITS A JOKE Grin and now im laughing because I now have the upperhand, but the polygrapher will never know!!!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box retcopper
Very Senior User

Re: Is this correct?
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2005 at 9:29pm
Buzz:
You won't be laughing after you get caught using counter measures. You'll be disqualified.

IP Logged

New User

do you play it?

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2005 at 10:17pm
retcopper:
your very lacking in intelligence, oh by the way I cleaned your troph but all the other pigs keep shitting in it. have a nice day Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ray
Senior User

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2005 at 11:23pm
Quote:
your very lacking in intelligence

YOU'RE questioning retcopper's intelligence?  ??? 

Quote:
oh by the way I cleaned your troph but all the other pigs keep shitting in it.

You want to be a cop?  Why would you want to work with a bunch of "pigs?"  Classic.

IP Logged

New User

do you play it?

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2005 at 12:03am
well tell me this, How in the hell would a polygrapher know if your using mental CM's? What are they crappity smacking mind readers now? NOOOO . As for the pig thing, lol thats my way of telling someone to quit being an such an asshole Smiley. Everything ive seen retcopper write has ethier been negative, or just plain stupid. By the way this wont be the first time ive worked in law enforcement. I worked for a pd for three years before I went into the military, iv just have never been a peace officer........yet. Oh by the way retcopper, What the hell are you doing on a site that clearly shows polygraphs are a bunch of BS when you support them, and REALLY thing they work??? Dont you have anything better to do then write me stupid comments like that?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2005 at 8:34pm
buzzlightyear wrote on Sep 9th, 2005 at 4:54pm:
Okay after days and days of study, I think I fully understand what to do now on a polygraph Cheesy: Please can anyone correct me if im wrong.
Okay there are relevent, Irrelevent,and Control questions. Relevent questions are the REAL questions they want aswered. If you say the wrong answer, you will most likely fail. You have to stay calm during this questions. Much less than the "control" questions. There is no need for CMs here.
Irrelevent questions are a joke. You just answer them and wait for the next question. I also believe there is no need for CMs here. I highly doubt you would need to do that for a questions like, "Are you sitting down?"," Are you taking a polygraph test?"
Okay and control questions. Here you need to answer all the questions in a way that would favor you, but you need to be using CM's in order to make your answers strong, more so than the relevent questions.

But am I right when I say to answer all the control questions like your a perfect angel? He wants you to lie right?He just wants to make sure your trying to think of something in the past that you might have done pertaning to the question...right? ???

Okay, well my brains fried now, but now Im sure I fully understand how it works, and I now have no problem of taking a polygraph tets now. Basically, Im not afraid anymnore. That machine more like a 10 year old telling me hes going to beat me up.......ITS A JOKE Grin and now im laughing because I now have the upperhand, but the polygrapher will never know!!!!!!

You seem to have grasped the essentials of polygraph procedure and countermeasures. As mentioned at page 128 and alluded to at p. 144 of the 4th edition of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, it's okay to make minor admissions to the "control" questions.

While retcopper's warning about getting caught using countermeasures may be empty bluster, your ad hominem attack was inappropriate. I refer you to AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy, which you agreed to when you registered. Please abide by it.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rcop
User

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2005 at 11:12pm
Buzz seems to immature to be a police officer.

IP Logged

New User

do you play it?

Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2005 at 3:14pm
rcop: dont even start with me please. Ive seen more gore and death in the past few years then you will ever see in your life. These past few years for me have produced the most horific things ive ever seen in my life. And im not talking about accidents ethier when I say this. You have to have your sense of humor or you will end up letting your mind get to you. You have to have real thick skin in this field. You should know that if you are/or where a cop. I dont think Its anything funny, and I dont appeciate you calling me that.

9/11 we remember

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rcop
User

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 5:02am
Buzz, 

Ok. But FYI, I have been a LEO for over 10 years.  It does not appear that you have ever been employed as a LEO, but I agree that the job requires a sense of humor and a thick skin.  Your posts indicated to me that you might be lacking in those qualities, but again, since I have never met you, I could be wrong.  Anyway, good luck in your career endeavors.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2005 at 3:28am by rcop »  

IP Logged

New User

do you play it?

Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 5:45am
rcop:

IP Logged

New User

do you play it?

Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 6:02am
FYI: In the past 5 years I have worked as a volunteer for the police, search and rescue, armed security in high gang areas, and an infantryman the military. I dont know were you work, but almost everyday my life when I work someone is trying to hurt, or kill me. Ive been punched, kicked, shot at, run over, spit on, rocks thrown at, seen one of my best friends killed while I was talking to him. Do I need say more?Just leave me alone, the past is behind me. It hurts to think about it all, and all im trying to do is move on with my life. You know just because im not a cop dosent mean ive been trough hell and back. Im done talking about this. I dont ever want to hear another word about it. Dont say your sorry, dont tell me your storys. ITS OVER. You dont know how much it hurts me to remember the past. I want to help others, not be looked down on. So now you can say you have the honor of knowing me. Have a good day rcop, talk to you later. ~Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CATX
New User

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 9:04pm
If this guy doesn't have thick enough skin to take some crap here on AP.org then I would imagine the psych would take him out if the poly doesn't.  I've met plenty of people who have done more and seen worse and have never seen the kind of attitude that I've seen in this thread from them.

IP Logged

New User

do you play it?

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 9:22pm
FYI, ive already passed several psychs for several jobs of mine, and I dont think your friends went trough seeing there best friend blown away by sum 13 year old kid, keep in mind after this happen, I had to shoot the kid before he killed me. You know what I had to do after? Move on and keep doing my job like nothing happend, I had to or I would have gotton myself killed for not paying attention to what was going on around me. You all need to stop being cocky. I dont brag about what I did, its nothing to brag about. I took it as life experience, and I learned from it. Why cant we all just stick to the topic and stay with it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #13 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 2:10am
BUZZ,

It appears that the other posters were actually "on topic", however it was you who originated the ad hominem attacks instead of sticking to the subject.   

To be honest I found that rcop replied to your post very professionally.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Is this correct?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X