Normal Topic Passed Polygraph, Stopped Process? (Read 2662 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kdf
New User

Passed Polygraph, Stopped Process?
Aug 11th, 2005 at 11:04pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My husband was in the process for Deputy Sheriff Recruit.  His average score was 90.59 for oral/written. He took the polygraph on Friday, and was accused of using countermeasures.  He did not.  He spoke with the supervising examiner and she said she would look in to it and give him a call back.  She did not.  He called yesterday and she said that he passed the polygraph, but they were not going to continue the process.  Apparently all of a sudden they had enough people, although on Friday she said he was still be considered for the upcoming academy.  I feel like because of the original accusation of cheating is the reason he is not continuing on.  There is no way for us to know how many people that passed the polygraph are not continuing on?  Also, we were originally told there wasn't a max on how many trainees would be accepted.  My biggest concern is that my husband now wants to pay to go to the academy.  It is 2 or more hours from us.  I am not sure it is a good idea to attend that one when there are several closer to us.  He wants to work for that particular agency and I don't feel that they are going to hire him.  If anyone can help me understand why he was stopped in the process and if it would be a waste of his time to go to their academy, I would appreciate it.  Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Re: Passed Polygraph, Stopped Process?
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2005 at 6:46am
Your justified in being upset, but do realize that like the federal goverment agencies, I firmly believe that they use the polygraph as an applicant culling tool. I believe they have already picked who they want to hire, the rest will be failed in one form or another, by polygraph, psych exam, written exam. Tell your husband that if being a sheriff is that important then continue your dream, otherwise the grief that goes with it, is not worth it. Find something more fun to do too .... 

ALso in reguard to the initial call of your husband being accused of CM's. This web site is really putting the screws to the examiners, they don't even trust themselves.  WHich is a good thing, the sooner the polygraph is gone, the better off we all are. I don't know if George tracks the number of downloads per month, but those statistics over say 5 years would be really interesting, and also give an Idea of how much info is out in the publics hands .... Good luck  EJ

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kdf
New User

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2005 at 9:30am
Thanks for the reply!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2005 at 2:23am
welcome to the unfiar, dice throwing horseshit that is the polygraph pre-emloyment screening exam.

IP Logged

Passed Polygraph, Stopped Process?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X