Normal Topic Controlled breathing? (Read 1643 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stiller
New User

Controlled breathing?
Aug 10th, 2005 at 4:52am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Just had my polygraph yesterday.........the guy was an idiot.  Basically, he asked me eight questions, all were absolutely ridiculous..but, he asked me at the very end if I was an avid weight lifter, or runner.  I told him that I had dabbled in these type of activities, where he then replied.....it seems as if you were controlling your breathing.  Now, I can honestly say that I was not controlling my breathing, but was chewing gum the entire test.  Does anybody know if the polygraph dude thinks the breathing is being controlled, does this basically mean his BS tactics didn't work?  Does this mean he wasn't able to determine crap?  If anybody knows, let me know!  Thanks!  And by the way, the questions he asked me, were all......is your last name kjlj;j;j, are you over the age of 25........yadda yadda yadda.   Thanks again.

Stiller

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Re: Controlled breathing?
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 11:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Dear stiller,

Could your highly qualified and experienced examiner been working in the FBI?  It must be part of their training to ask most of their applicants if they are avid weightlifters or long distance runners.  I do not know how they could use the answer because most applicants are assumed to be in better than average physical fitness which would normally need some experience in each activity.

My best bet is that you did not respond to the questions the way he/she expected and he/she is indirectly accusing you of using "breathing countermeasures."

Do not be surprised if you are found unacceptable without an explaination.  If they cannot justify your reactions to their superiors, they will just toss you out with the trash.  Many applicants, few openings, nasty law of supply and demand.

Regards.

IP Logged

Controlled breathing?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X