Normal Topic PASSED???? (Read 3582 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BoogieGlock9
New User

PASSED????
Jul 29th, 2005 at 11:30pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took a polygraph a couple weeks ago for a PD and I studied 
Dougs manual for about a month. I went in the polygraph with confidence. after I started the test though I started getting real nervous I felt like I couldnt breathe I was worrying about thinking too much about petty things..I was sweating. I was worried about the pad they made sit on... worried about getting caught using CM's. after we tested 5 times she just said thank you and unhooked me acting very distant and not looking at me in the eyes....... when earlier she was very friendly almost flirty. I took this as a bad sign. I asked her if I passed and she said "ILL have to chart it and see"  so on the way home I was assuring myself that I did all the countermeasures right and then it hit me I made a critical mistake I screwed up with knownlies and irrelevants, I did this wierd off the wall reactions that Doug said not to do several times in his manual. I wont describe what I did wrong so that you guys wont accuse me of being a polygrapher. but I did screw up. I thought for sur I was done. I lost countless hours of sleep over this.my dream job was over, I paniced and screwed up. anyways a couple days later I emaile Doug and told him what I did and hetold me I should be OK but I did indeed do It wrong. Then I started reading this sight and man this sight can be very discouraging and helpful its hard to tell whats accuarate or not and noe gives a follow up on what their results were. I talked to my background investigator today 3 weeks later..... I PASSED!!!!!!!!!. I just wanted to wite this to encourage people who leave with a bad feelig. THANK YOU

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Re: PASSED????
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 2:05am
BoogieGlock9:

Who are you thanking on this site since Doug and his manual supposedly helped you pass even though you made mistakes because you couldn't keep your cool? It would have served you well to read TLBTLD and taken the advice it contains--NEVER ASK A POLYGRAPHER WHETHER YOU PASSED!! Duh! If one doesn't know the lie behind the lie detector, truly believes in the test's accuracy and tells the truth, then one would automatically assume he or she passed. What a stupid move on your part and your story sounds a little fishy, too. Wink   

P.S. I don't know anything about Doug's manual, but did he not cover this in his how to or did you just not run across it during your intense month- long study session?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 4:46am
polyfool wrote on Jul 30th, 2005 at 2:05am:
What a stupid move on your part and your story sounds a little fishy, too. 

I was thinking the same thing…

Maybe it is just his atrocious spelling, sentence structure, and grammar, but something about his story seems odd.

Would it be possible for a polygraph examiner to make up the whole thing just to provide that one bit of misinformation about it being okay to ask the examiner if you passed?  Or am I being paranoid?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous ętes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 6:36pm
Sergeant1107:

No, you are not being paranoid. Polygraphers frequently make up convoluted stories and post them on this site in an effort to pass along bad information and trip up examinees. Besides BoogieGlock's horrendous spelling and grammar and the stupid question of asking the examiner whether he passed, there are some other problems with his post. (You have to wonder how he even got through filling out the job application.)

It's pretty obvious his post is designed to instill fear in examinees. For example, Boogie writes, I was nervous, couldn't breathe, I was sweating, afraid of getting caught using countermeasures, frightened of the pad I was forced to sit on, etc. 

I especially liked the part about the examiner being almost flirty and then turning cold after the test was finished--give me a break! Boogie goes on to say how he wants to quell others fears about making mistakes with Cms and leaving with a bad feeling only to find out that his errors didn't matter and he passed, anyway. However, he thinks his story will be believeable if he adds a detail about how he doesn't want to be accused of being an examiner.    

From my personal experience, polygraph examiners are not the brightest and their fake posts only legitimize that feeling. If they were gifted, they most assuredly would be putting their talents to use in other, more compelling work. I think some examiners enjoy trying to trick people--it's the focus of their occupation, after all. I've even had an examiner personal message me, but I wasn't fooled--I knew it. Examinees should be very careful before taking advice from a new user on this board. 

BoogieGlock--let me guess, this will be that last time you post on this site, right? Wink    

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 11:55pm
You guys confirmed that you are in FACT paranoid losers who have nothing better to do than hang out on a "polygraph forum site" and criticize every imperfection you can find.So what every word isnt spelled right and there isnt a comma or period everywhere there is supposed to be. Gimme a break!! let me guess your a single, pimply, faced, overweight, lazy,pervert, social reject, who hangs out on the Internet 8 hours a day. Why would you spend so much time on a polygraph site. there is alot more in life than being the "senior  user" that just proves you have nothing in your life and you have to criticize peoples lives and for gods sakes their grammer.Get a girlfriend or something. get off this site and go get a life. get a grip on reality, not everyone is a polygrapher out to get you or trick you. I would bet a lot of the polygraphers could care less about putting doubt in everyones mind, by pretending to be someone on this site. I bet they have familys they care about and have lives outside the pathetic world of polygraphs......................... TO ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE SEEKING ADVICE OR REASSURANCE. I shared my story to show that I didnt do the test perfect. According to these polygraph geeks  I screwed up miserably and should have been torched on the stake for my screw ups. But bottom line is I passed with flying colors. So take advice from this site with a grain of salt and just stick to the manuals from this site or Doug Williams and just do what it says and TELL THE TRUTH and youll be fine. alot of the people(not all of them) on this site who are "senior users" are completly lost and not intouch with reality and have nothing better to do thanpoke holes in everything they see.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2005 at 12:41am
BoogieGlock:

Your venomous post backs up the notion that you are a polygraph examiner. I guess you think you got me pegged--you couldn't be further from the truth. Pretty entertaining, though. 

Stsocal--is that you? Have you been working on your story and are furious because nobody fell for it AGAIN? Wink

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Aug 2nd, 2005 at 1:38am
JUST FOR THOUGHT:

Lets say I were a polygrapher, what would I gain by posting a testimony on the forum backing up the manuals. you guys say because I did it wrong and still passed....... but I was the first to say I did it wrong. Basically I was saying even though I screwed up, I still passed, giving "the manuals" even more merit. that the polygraph is flawed to the point that it doesnt take absolute perfection to pass it.there is a little buffer zone. I purposely left out exact details of my mistakes so that you wouldnt accuse me of being a liar like you do to so many people on this site. So my question to anyone is why would a polygher get on this site and back up the manuals if we were trying to put doubt in peoples minds hoping that one of those people would fall victim in my office because of a complicated scheme I tried to pull on some random forum site.......PLEASE!!!. it just doesnt make any sense. If i were a actual polygrapher I would be straight up with that fact. I would not be afraid to do so. I am telling all of you the truth. althought one of the reasons it is hard to trust anyone on this site is because the main topic is basically telling people how to lie. I know that the polygraph is not a lie detector and that alot of people fail by telling the truth, that is my orginal reason for buying the manual. yeah, if I did more research I couldve got it for free from this site, but unfortunetly I am imperfect........................ I was a little harsh and foolish on my rebuttle, and that wasnt the best course of action to take. But I was extremely agrivated being accused of being a liar and be ridiculed about minor typing and spelling mistakes, there is no reason to criticise that stuff, there are only a few reasons people do that. the motives were quite obvious. 
    Aparently you guys like this site, so dont polute and discredit it by putting down everyone that says something you dont agree with right away. be a little more open minded and dont be so quick to hammer people. cause pretty soon this site will lose its purpose and this site could do everyone a great service.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2005 at 1:53am
The explosive hostility certainly leads me to believe he's a polygraph examiner.  What's with the extreme reaction?

I wonder if his IP address comes back to anyone else who has posted here before?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous ętes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

PASSED????

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X